It made me cry
    Rachel Luttrell is a very talented singer

Originally posted by RodneyMckay
    Spoiler:
    In 'Critical Mass' Teyla's close friend is dying. For her "funeral" Ritual
    Teyla sings a song.

It made me cry
    Rachel Luttrell is a very talented singer
    It was amazingly good, and it went well with the mood.

Especially when
    Spoiler:
    we found out it was Caldwell who is the Goa'Ould
    sigpic
    In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Meh
      Spoiler:
      It seemed a bit weird, bu apropiate

Dunno why I put spoilers?

Comment

[Note: This is from my old thread, but have moved it here]

I thouroughly enjoyed watching this episode, the division between Atlantis/Daedalus/SGC was such as nothing felt like it was taking up to much. Some extremely good CGI effects.

And of course some great lines... Lol, Dr.Lee talking about movies

Also... TEYLA SANG!!! It went perfect with what was going on in the episode.

Ah, such a good episode.

5 out of 5 stars for me!
        sigpic
        In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

I'm getting tired of spoilers, but only because I can't see the episodes myself, still I can't wait to see Rachel sing, I know it will be amazing.

Comment

lol
            ya
            Spoiler:
            "The twilight bark... 101 Dalmations...My kids love that movie..Um..
            Lord of the rings!!! *scientists laugh and talk amongst themselves*

Comment

that was and awesome ep and i didn't think it was Caldwell at all i was thinking it was Cadmen
              Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
              sigpic

Comment

I actually surprised no one thought that
                Spoiler:
                Kavangh was the go-auld

Also Caldwell wasnt errr goualdy enough - no threats, no screaming about being a god nuthin.... I miss Baal!

As to the whole singing thing well.... Im pretty sure that wasnt Rachell....

Comment

When Caldwell was like as a Goa'uld i have the stragth of ten men Roano was like good a fair fight

and he just walked in and Kavangh just fainted
                  Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TOA
                    Really?? I think I've read in several articles and interviews that she is a trained vocalist and is quite good at singing......think she even plays the piano, but not certain.

I haven't actually seen the episode, just a spoiler junkie here

Comment

Originally posted by TOA
                      I actually surprised no one thought that
                      Spoiler:
                      Kavangh was the go-auld

Also Caldwell wasnt errr goualdy enough - no threats, no screaming about being a god nuthin.... I miss Baal!

It was. Another poster here, Camy, went and saw Rachel Luttrell at a convention where she sang. She apparently had a stunning voice, and confirmed that she would be singing in Critical Mass.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                      I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                      Spoiler:
                      Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
                        It was. Another poster here, Camy, went and saw Rachel Luttrell at a convention where she sang. She apparently had a stunning voice, and confirmed that she would be singing in Critical Mass.
                        It may have been her voice, but it was SO obviously dubbed over that any possible admiration I could have had for her talent was thrown out the window. At times her mouth wasn't even moving with the song...

And as for the timing, after a while it was good, but at the begining... My parents actually burst out laughing. I don't think it really fit, myself...

Anyway, that's alright. The ep was a jewel IMO, mostly because of Zelenka's face and hair.
                        Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
                        Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

When i first saw Zelenka i was like i don't remeber them meeting another race and the i was like of it him
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buggy542
                            It may have been her voice, but it was SO obviously dubbed over that any possible admiration I could have had for her talent was thrown out the window. At times her mouth wasn't even moving with the song...
                            Songs in films/TV are always done in a studio (to get the best results, remove imperfections, etc.) and lip sync'd during filming. It probably was Rachel's voice, but the synch in post production may have been done poorly.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I thought it was immemsely tacky and ruined what would otherwise have been an all right episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X