Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rachel was credited for the song. "Beyond The Night" performed by Rachel Lutrell.

Amazing voice.

Comment

Originally posted by somme
      I thought it was immemsely tacky and ruined what would otherwise have been an all right episode.
      Me too. I was cringing in my computer chair. Completely unbelivable and pointless waste of time in what could have been an awesome episode.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
        Songs in films/TV are always done in a studio (to get the best results, remove imperfections, etc.) and lip sync'd during filming. It probably was Rachel's voice, but the synch in post production may have been done poorly.
        Rachel Luttrell is credited as performing the song in the end credits.

Personally, I think the song was a bit over-produced. It was a very good piece, but might have benefitied from less reverb on the vocals, a less "orchestral" feel, and/or a more exotic sound.

It should have been sung in Ancient (aka Latin ).

But it was a nice change of pace for the franchise, and did contribute to a very good episode.

a time to mourn

Comment

I'm pretty picky about these things, but she has a beautiful voice. She did a great job.

Although I have to say, the dubbing job was sub-par. Her mouth wasn't completely in sync with the song.

But nonetheless, she has a lovely voice.
          The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

I loved the song! I thought it was very pretty! Rachel has a gorgeous voice. I also thought it was a nice moment for a sort of montage - worked really well, and help keep the viewer from losing track of the main story during the song.

I gotta agree, though, the dubbing job was pretty poor.
            "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
            My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Yeah she's got a good voice, and it was an all right song. However even for a funeral seemed over the top.

Comment

Anybody got the lyrics for that song down yet?

I think RL has a lovely voice but I wish they'd have taken some chances with letting her sing it with minimal muscical accompaniment and in "Ancient."

We all remember Zelenka's passionate -and for most of us, completely incomprehensible - description of Atlantis rising in Letters from Pegasus. On LOST we fans were thrilled with a main character who didn't speak a word of english.

What I'm saying is that none of the funeral dignity or the A-plot drama would have been lost if Teyla had been singing her heart out in another language.

IMO
                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by somme
                  However even for a funeral seemed over the top.
                  But it wasn't a funeral as we know it. It was ceremony celebrating the natural passing of an Athosian - a very rare event.

Comment

Still....it was tacky.

Comment

I thought it was quite lovely... It gave the Athosians some much needed padding that's been lacking so far. I think it would have been more poignant to have Rachel to sing a capella (a la Pippin in LOTR) but I didn't think it was grossly inappropriate.
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Had Teyla sang it quietly alone or with a guitar and violin (providing those exist in Pegasus, along with the mysteriously present harmonic minor scales and equal temperment-based music that was invented on Earth...) recorded live this episode would have been a 25 out of 10 for me.

Comment

I would have liked it better if it were more like a live recording. It sounded to studio for her to be singing it in such a situation. That's kind of a picky point. The song was good and it played out very well.
                          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

http://files.filefront.com/TeylaSong.../fileinfo.html

3.68mb, MP3 format.

I've taken pretty much any talking out of it, and crossfaded the parts where other parts have been taken out, so there is a touch of strangness in some parts

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

I really love this Song! It's sooo beautiful...and it fitted sooo well into this episode! I was really overtaken while hearing it, especially with the picture of the other trying to save Atlantis!
                              I love songs with a little Middleage-Folk-touch

Rachel really has a beautiful vioce! There are many singer with not so good voices who are in the buisness!

Thanks very much Mac for uploading it...I'm already listening to it the 5th time while at work

The Synchro was really bad done...maybe also from Rachel...she was singing for her friend, not in an Opera...she overdone it a little with the lips...should have made it more gentle I guess it was also the director who said her she should make it like this...

Thanks M

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
                                I would have liked it better if it were more like a live recording. It sounded to studio for her to be singing it in such a situation. That's kind of a picky point. The song was good and it played out very well.
                                I understand your quibble. It reminded me a music video and I honestly thought it worked better when they didn't show Teyla, when the music was overlaid on all the activity, as when it went back to Teyla, it didn't seem, er, real?

But, loved the song. Maybe if they do a second SGA soundtrack CD, they can include the song.

Comment

Working...
                                X