No announcement yet.

What is the Doctor's Real Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think The Doctor's real name is DAVID TENNANT! (Sorry for the bad joke)
    sigpic

Comment

Not sure what his real name is, but here's an interesting fact...

Doctor Who aired for the first time 5:15 pm (GMT) on 23 November 1963, on British television (BBC television). The initial broadcast was interrupted by the breaking news of the November 22 assassination of US President John F Kennedy.

I wonder how many other premiers of the regenerations of the Doctor sparked a famous death?

Comment

Floyd.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Bob.

Comment

Theta Sigma
            In the Greek numerals, Theta looks like a H inside an O, and Sigma looks like a rotated W. "H" "O" "W". Rearrange them and they spell "WHO". Doctor Who!
            (''') (^_^) (''')

Comment

his real name is Christoreslvdespovratorcovor De Lungborrow . gotta read books ppl dont belive me google the name

Comment

Originally posted by Pheonix View Post
                Theta Sigma
                In the Greek numerals, Theta looks like a H inside an O, and Sigma looks like a rotated W. "H" "O" "W". Rearrange them and they spell "WHO". Doctor Who!
                (''') (^_^) (''')
                Theta Sigma is his fraternity nickname, not his real one

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.4x4 View Post
                  his real name is Christoreslvdespovratorcovor De Lungborrow . gotta read books ppl dont belive me google the name
                  The books have been contradicted by the teleivison series many times..on top of that there crap

Comment

From another forum

Rob McBaar wrote at 2009-02-05 20:52:25
                    It should be added that his nickname has been severa times in the classic series as "Theta (or Theet) Sigma. Although there is no official ruling as the the current canonocity of the "Lungbarrow" New Adventure book, it should be noted that Lungbarrow was originally planned to be filmed as the episode that takes place directly before the Doctor Who television movie in the 90's. It was to describe the events leading up to The Doctor transporting the remains of The Master back to Gallifrey. Since it wasn't completed as an episode, we'll never know for sure how it fits the Canon now, but accourding to the to the book, Lungbarrow is indeed his "Family" name and is currently still the family name of his 44 cousins. The book decribes how Time Lords are not born as ordinary people are, because of a sterility curse put on their race. Instead they are fashioned from "Looms" from the remains of other Time Lords. In Lungbarrow, several of his cousins address him as "Wormhole". It can only be assumed this is a Nickname for him rather than his given name.

During the course of the story it is revealed that he was kicked out of the house and his true name was forbidden to be spoken when he announced he was going to become "A Doctor". Apparently being a mere Doctor was a shame to the household.

Also it's explained that in addition to Rassilon and Omega, there was a Third God-Time-Lord simply called 'The Other". When the Doctor was created in the "Loom of Lungbarrow", the majority of his genetic makeup came from "The Other".

Lungbarrow is no longer in print and hasn't been for years, making it sought after highly among fans. It can currently be read in it's entirety at the BBC official website.
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

chuck norris
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

In the third series when he travels to Shakespearean England, Lilith the Carrionite tries to say his name but can't "And as for you, Sir Doctor! (points, expecting a reaction) Fascinating. There is no name. Why would a man hide his title in such despair?". Also in The Fires of Pompeii "Even the word "Doctor" is false. Your real name is hidden. It burns in the stars and in the heart of the cascade of Medusa herself."
                        And finally when The Doctor and Donna are in the library River Song whispers to The Doctor his real name. When River Song straps herself into the machine and The Doctor awakes he says "There's only one reason I would ever tell anyone my name. There's only one time I could...". I have talked to others about this and we have come up with some theories.
                        I think that the Doctor could only tell his name to someone who he absolutley and eternally loves, one who will spend an existence with him.

Comment

Drew

Rep to whoever gets the joke first.
                          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Here is something I don't get ......

In the past Tom Baker's Doctor said he has visited and knows Shakespeare and Leonardo Da Vinci yet when DT visits him he doesn't click even when he says he's the Doctor.....

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              Here is something I don't get ......

In the past Tom Baker's Doctor said he has visited and knows Shakespeare and Leonardo Da Vinci yet when DT visits him he doesn't click even when he says he's the Doctor.....
                              Because though the Doctor has already met Shakespeare, Shakespeare has not yet met the Doctor. Time travel is cool like that

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                                Because though the Doctor has already met Shakespeare, Shakespeare has not yet met the Doctor. Time travel is cool like that
                                So he hasn't even met the Tom Baker version yet you mean?

Comment

Working...
                                X