Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789 101112 LastLast

Thread: What is the Doctor's Real Name?

Default Re: What is the Doctor's Real Name?

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    That would be funny...... But wasn't he the little cyborg that tried to get jiggy with Kylie?
    Yup, I thought his name was awesome though....dunno why..

i agree it was a fantastic name

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by Locutus_Of_Borg View Post
    maybe they don't want us to know it because he will end up being some super crazy a** superhero or ancient God or something, u know what i mean, or am i just completly off, because who knows, they may make an episode where he needs to create the universe, in order to save it, like a paridox, HE'S GOD!!!!
    Just reading back through and I stumbled across this... I think it'd be really cool if he had to re-create the world because he went to the very beginning by accident (because of Captain Jack, just to bring back my favourite ) and it turned out (paradoxially, or course) that he created the universe in the first place, (Aaand for a Sarah Jane Adventures crossover) and had to stop the Ancient lights from... yeah, that's as far as i've gotten. Still, it'd be really cool. Also, I liked the idea that he was the Other, hence more than just a time lord.
    Wow, long rant.
    (Many brackets)

Quote Originally Posted by VashtaNeradaInTheBooks View Post
    Just reading back through and I stumbled across this... I think it'd be really cool if he had to re-create the world because he went to the very beginning by accident (because of Captain Jack, just to bring back my favourite ) and it turned out (paradoxially, or course) that he created the universe in the first place, (Aaand for a Sarah Jane Adventures crossover) and had to stop the Ancient lights from... yeah, that's as far as i've gotten. Still, it'd be really cool. Also, I liked the idea that he was the Other, hence more than just a time lord.
    Wow, long rant.
    (Many brackets)

Can you explain all that again? LOL..... When did the Doc have to go back to the beginning of time because of Jack
    Playing as Johanna Darkwater. Friend me in game if you are online

Hey I have an idea let's write a video game and put it online, add DLC and patches when needed and just put it out there. Who needs testing right? :/

Let's call it Defiance

Probie

I'm not too comfortable with the idea that the Doctor is the second coming of some great and ancient Time Lord hero. I much rather like the idea that he was mearly a scientist who just got utterly bored of the monotany of his homeworld and decided to just steal a TARDIS and go out there and have some fun.

That's not to say the mysteries behind him aren't fun to speculate on. He is a self proclaimed "more than just a Time Lord" who hints at being around during the time of Rassilon and Omega, but at the same time half-human. An enigma wrapped in a mystery, that's the Doctor.

On the subject of his name, I like to think that he really is called Who. WOTAN calls him by this name in 'The War Machines' and he also introduces himself as Doctor Von Wer in 'The Highlanders' (Doctor Von Wer being German for Doctor Who).

Either that or he's called Peter Sigma.

On Moya, eating my frelling fair share of crackers

Wink Re: What is the Doctor's Real Name?

I think The Doctor's real name is DAVID TENNANT! (Sorry for the bad joke)

Probie

Sci-Fi Re: What is the Doctor's Real Name?

Not sure what his real name is, but here's an interesting fact...

Doctor Who aired for the first time 5:15 pm (GMT) on 23 November 1963, on British television (BBC television). The initial broadcast was interrupted by the breaking news of the November 22 assassination of US President John F Kennedy.

I wonder how many other premiers of the regenerations of the Doctor sparked a famous death?

Floyd.

Bob.

Probie

Theta Sigma
    In the Greek numerals, Theta looks like a H inside an O, and Sigma looks like a rotated W. "H" "O" "W". Rearrange them and they spell "WHO". Doctor Who!
    (''') (^_^) (''')

Probie

his real name is Christoreslvdespovratorcovor De Lungborrow . gotta read books ppl dont belive me google the name

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
    Theta Sigma
    In the Greek numerals, Theta looks like a H inside an O, and Sigma looks like a rotated W. "H" "O" "W". Rearrange them and they spell "WHO". Doctor Who!
    (''') (^_^) (''')
    Theta Sigma is his fraternity nickname, not his real one

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.4x4 View Post
    his real name is Christoreslvdespovratorcovor De Lungborrow . gotta read books ppl dont belive me google the name
    The books have been contradicted by the teleivison series many times..on top of that there crap

From another forum

Rob McBaar wrote at 2009-02-05 20:52:25
    It should be added that his nickname has been severa times in the classic series as "Theta (or Theet) Sigma. Although there is no official ruling as the the current canonocity of the "Lungbarrow" New Adventure book, it should be noted that Lungbarrow was originally planned to be filmed as the episode that takes place directly before the Doctor Who television movie in the 90's. It was to describe the events leading up to The Doctor transporting the remains of The Master back to Gallifrey. Since it wasn't completed as an episode, we'll never know for sure how it fits the Canon now, but accourding to the to the book, Lungbarrow is indeed his "Family" name and is currently still the family name of his 44 cousins. The book decribes how Time Lords are not born as ordinary people are, because of a sterility curse put on their race. Instead they are fashioned from "Looms" from the remains of other Time Lords. In Lungbarrow, several of his cousins address him as "Wormhole". It can only be assumed this is a Nickname for him rather than his given name.

During the course of the story it is revealed that he was kicked out of the house and his true name was forbidden to be spoken when he announced he was going to become "A Doctor". Apparently being a mere Doctor was a shame to the household.

Also it's explained that in addition to Rassilon and Omega, there was a Third God-Time-Lord simply called 'The Other". When the Doctor was created in the "Loom of Lungbarrow", the majority of his genetic makeup came from "The Other".

Lungbarrow is no longer in print and hasn't been for years, making it sought after highly among fans. It can currently be read in it's entirety at the BBC official website.

Hey I have an idea let's write a video game and put it online, add DLC and patches when needed and just put it out there. Who needs testing right? :/

Let's call it Defiance

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

chuck norris

In the third series when he travels to Shakespearean England, Lilith the Carrionite tries to say his name but can't "And as for you, Sir Doctor! (points, expecting a reaction) Fascinating. There is no name. Why would a man hide his title in such despair?". Also in The Fires of Pompeii "Even the word "Doctor" is false. Your real name is hidden. It burns in the stars and in the heart of the cascade of Medusa herself."
    And finally when The Doctor and Donna are in the library River Song whispers to The Doctor his real name. When River Song straps herself into the machine and The Doctor awakes he says "There's only one reason I would ever tell anyone my name. There's only one time I could...". I have talked to others about this and we have come up with some theories.
    I think that the Doctor could only tell his name to someone who he absolutley and eternally loves, one who will spend an existence with him.

Drew

Rep to whoever gets the joke first.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Here is something I don't get ......

In the past Tom Baker's Doctor said he has visited and knows Shakespeare and Leonardo Da Vinci yet when DT visits him he doesn't click even when he says he's the Doctor.....

Let's call it Defiance

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Here is something I don't get ......

In the past Tom Baker's Doctor said he has visited and knows Shakespeare and Leonardo Da Vinci yet when DT visits him he doesn't click even when he says he's the Doctor.....
    Because though the Doctor has already met Shakespeare, Shakespeare has not yet met the Doctor. Time travel is cool like that

Quote Originally Posted by pbellosom View Post
    Because though the Doctor has already met Shakespeare, Shakespeare has not yet met the Doctor. Time travel is cool like that
    So he hasn't even met the Tom Baker version yet you mean?

Let's call it Defiance