X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Themed Weddings.

Evening.

Seemed to be the only place i could post this (did check the other caregories)

Myself & my stunner of a partner were thinking of nipping off to Vegas to get married. By Elvis. But as we are both SG fans of a high calibre, was wondering if anyone here could point me in the right direction to someone who does Stargate themed weddings?

Glad to be on the boards,

DSEHV!.0

Welcome and for your question not sure
    sigpic

Comment

Stepping through the gate lol.

Comment

Maybe, and this is just a suggestion, you could hop on a plane to Vancouver instead of Vegas, and try to get married in front of the Gate, you know on the set of SG1 or Atlantis.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Welcome to the forum and not sure, never really thought about it

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
            Maybe, and this is just a suggestion, you could hop on a plane to Vancouver instead of Vegas, and try to get married in front of the Gate, you know on the set of SG1 or Atlantis.
            Good luck with that.

Comment

Is that where you stand on the ramp and then halfway through the ceremony the gate starts up and the entire wedding party has to dive for cover to avoid being vaporised?

Albion
              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                Is that where you stand on the ramp and then halfway through the ceremony the gate starts up and the entire wedding party has to dive for cover to avoid being vaporised?

Albion
                I always wondered that when they had those ceremonies and stuff in front of the gate in show.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
                  I always wondered that when they had those ceremonies and stuff in front of the gate in show.
                  Dont be silly, they just called the Gou'ald and told them not to try and attack us through the gate

Comment

Originally posted by Albion

Albion

Well yeah...that's the most likely scenario that might happen... but hey, it's worth a shot, right...

Comment

Were I to do a Stargate wedding, I'd go subtle. Enough so that anyone who Didn't Get It wouldn't think I was completely insane. Stuff like this...

-Serve Jell-O, pie, and yogurt.
                      -Decorate with peridot bunting.
                      -If not peridot bunting, make the colors look SG-esque or perhaps slightly Egyptian.
                      -Nip Chaya's Arwen gown. (Oy, that dress was silly to put in SGA like that!)
                      -Find some kind of circular wedding arch.
                      -Find the most uniform-like tuxedo available for the groom.
                      -Use invitations with a decidedly SG-esque flair.
                      [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

And they are completely screwed if the Asgard use the gate since they cause it to just instantly open. haha.

And a wedding? I thought that was illegal...oh wait, thats only the case for a select few :-P

Comment

Having a wedding on the sets of Stargate. You'd have to be pretty darn well connected to get that pulled off without leaving with a couple restraining orders.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by Elles
                            Having a wedding on the sets of Stargate. You'd have to be pretty darn well connected to get that pulled off without leaving with a couple restraining orders.
                            Ask nicely?

Comment

A stargate themed wedding?

Really don't know of anyone who could do that. I'd say to call around the Las Vegas area and see what you can come up with. Some of the more simple things you could do are a Stargate wedding arch and a stargate wedding cake. You could even have two cakes: A stargate and a DHD.

If you really wanted to get complicated, coordinate your wedding to place on the Set Tours during the March 2007 Vancouver Creation Convention. This option may not be viable in the end, but it would be an awesome experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X