This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The AG3 Defense Satellites

As we saw in the episode 'Absolute Power,' could these satellites (the ones that Shifu gave to Daniel) be the Ancient form of the Ori's super satellite weapon? If so, wouldn't it still be possible to construct them using information from the Ancient database in Atlantis seeing if they are Ancient weapons then the info would be in there.

I also know that they are based on Goa'uld technology because that technology was the only one that Earth had access to and wouldn't it be fun to explore the possibility of them being built, possibly, with the assistance of the Asgard?

I would say the Atlantean defense satellies from The Siege would be the Ancient equivalent of the Rand Protectorate satellite in Ethon.

Comment

they looked the same as the rand ori satelite. yellow beam

the lantian version was blue/violet
      A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
        I would say the Atlantean defense satellies from The Siege would be the Ancient equivalent of the Rand Protectorate satellite in Ethon.
        I was probably meaning the smaller versions that are more power effecient as the one we saw in 'The Seige' needed a Naqhadah Generator to power up.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
          they looked the same as the rand ori satelite. yellow beam

the lantian version was blue/violet
          Actually, the Lantian version was a yellowish green. See:

The rand satellite was actually more of a dull orangish color.

If anyone's interested to complete the set, here's the one of the Ori beam weapon, a yellowish color.

My belief, the Rand satellite, being the most primitive and made of the least advanced materials was the lowest power one. The Orii ships, though designed by the Orii or Priors were still built by a basically agrarian people. That is going to limit their power but they're still more powerful than what the Rand built. The Atlantean satellites were built by the most advanced race known likely at or near the height of their advancement and would naturally have the most advanced materials. It was a crisp, greenish color and had the most power.

You can tell for two reasons.
          First, the color of the beams. If you look at it based on blackbody radiation, the shorter the wavelength of the energy, the more power is required to produce it and the more energy it contains. The dull orangish would be the longest wavelength (think of iron heated in the fire, it will first glow a dull orange) and thus the lowest energy beam. The yellow is shorter wavelength than the orange and green shorter still. Blue/violet would be still shorter (and thus higher energy) but we didn't see one like that.
          Second, look at the damage they did. The Rand beam, though it went right through the shields, cut through the ship several times before blowing it up. The Orii ship's beams were mostly stopped by the shields at first but still blew the ship up in a couple of hits. The ancient satellite weapons blew up a hive ship in one shot. Yeah, no shields but the ship is much bigger and appears to be armored and much tougher to make up for it.

Originally posted by waykins
          I was probably meaning the smaller versions that are more power effecient as the one we saw in 'The Seige' needed a Naqhadah Generator to power up.
          I doubt they're really more efficient. More likely lower powered. Also I don't think a naquada generator is really considered all that powerful. I'm sure a modern power plant puts out way more energy (otherwise I think they'd run the SGC using a naquada generator). Probably equivalent to a largish gas/diesel generator, just much smaller and more portable. Rodney even referred to the naquada gnerator as a low yield power source.

Originally posted by GateWorld transcript
          SATELLITE. Peter is examining a laptop.

GRODIN: Well, it's not a power generation problem. The naqahdah's pumping out more than enough juice.

McKAY: Well, then, why isn't it ...? OK. Alright. Let's just step back here -- think about it. This baby is a directed energy beam weapon -- it runs off a relatively low-yield charge like our naqahdah generator, so that means it's gotta be continually building up a charge in some kind of a buffer, or a capacitor, until it's discharged.
          Last edited by Avatar28; 25 May 2006, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by waykins
            As we saw in the episode 'Absolute Power,' could these satellites (the ones that Shifu gave to Daniel) be the Ancient form of the Ori's super satellite weapon? If so, wouldn't it still be possible to construct them using information from the Ancient database in Atlantis seeing if they are Ancient weapons then the info would be in there.

I also know that they are based on Goa'uld technology because that technology was the only one that Earth had access to and wouldn't it be fun to explore the possibility of them being built, possibly, with the assistance of the Asgard?
            I thought those satalites were of Goauld deisgn anway.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

i thought the AG3 defence sats were gould tech but now you mention it shifu could have encorporated his ancient knowlege into its design. but did shifu portray things correctly, such as could we really make things like that, with the right matierials.

and the ethon and siege satilites, i think its different tech. the siege satilite looked more like a particle beam over a blast, it didnt really blast a hole through the ship but like cut a hole. It seemed more clean and didnt have the dirty explosive feel to it, and it didnt stop after it hit the ship, it kept going.

the ethon satilite's blast looked like a hatak blast but sustained for a long period of time with a lot of power cramed into it. But i think the beam should look like a color at the higher end of the electromagnetic spectrum like blue or violet.
              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
                i thought the AG3 defence sats were gould tech but now you mention it shifu could have encorporated his ancient knowlege into its design. but did shifu portray things correctly, such as could we really make things like that, with the right matierials.

and the ethon and siege satilites, i think its different tech. the siege satilite looked more like a particle beam over a blast, it didnt really blast a hole through the ship but like cut a hole. It seemed more clean and didnt have the dirty explosive feel to it, and it didnt stop after it hit the ship, it kept going.

the ethon satilite's blast looked like a hatak blast but sustained for a long period of time with a lot of power cramed into it. But i think the beam should look like a color at the higher end of the electromagnetic spectrum like blue or violet.
                I couldn't find a screencap of it when I took those pics but the beam in ethon DID keep going. I'm pretty sure that it went through the shield, hit the ship, paused for a second as it bored through then came out the other side.

Comment

Avatar, I think this cap nicely proves your point

RIP Prometheus
                  Attached Files
                  Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
                  Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
                    The AG-3 satellites were goauld design. But I don't think they, the Goauld, actually made them, since they are powered by heavy liquid naquadah.
                    AG-3 SATELLITE-The apex of Goa'uld defense technology, buried deep within their genetic memory. It incorporates groupings of pyramidal drones equaling a massive defense system which could easily protect an entire planet(Gateworld Omnipedia).
                    Last edited by Ltcolshepjumper; 25 May 2006, 01:56 PM.
                    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                      are you blind, the Atlantean defense satellies blows up a hiveship!! in 1!! burst
                      and the Rand Protectorate satellite blows up the promie (rip) in 3/4 hits
                      sorry cant spell

Comment

[QUOTE=2ndgenerationalteran]i thought the AG3 defence sats were gould tech but now you mention it shifu could have encorporated his ancient knowlege into its design. but did shifu portray things correctly, such as could we really make things like that, with the right matierials. [QUOTE]

Well Orlin did make and I quote 'a Stargate using spare parts from a toaster' so I guess it could be possible if you know what materials to use.

Comment

But wan't Shifus point to show Daniel that Goa'uld knowledge came with a price and that would mean he showed him only Goa'uld tech. And we know for sure that we didn't make them couse it was all in Daniels head. But in his head we did build them, he didn't want to alert the Goa'uld by telling any of our allies(no help).

Comment

Ya the satelites were Goa'uld tech. Daniel could not have had knowledge of Ancient tech at the time.

Comment

Not Daniel but Shifu could have had the knowledge. But since ascended beings are not allowed to share such knowledge i don't think he showed Daniel any of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X