Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not everyone finds it easy to talk to people at first no matter how easy it would be once you get to know them

I'm one of these people Someone kick me to death

Comment

Originally posted by False hope
      I always thought its a lot easier to date someone who you can talk easily with, cause it makes it easier to connect, etc. Although I've never dated so dont take my advice too seriously.
      Yes, but sometimes it's hard to begin a conversation. It's a skill like any other.

Starting a conversation is the hardest thing for many people.
      As you get to know someone, it should get easier.
      If it doesn't...then IMO it's pointless to continue.

Connecting with someone is essential for any kind of real relationship, but you shouldn't let the initial awkwardness of meeting new people limit your decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Zoidberg
        Not everyone finds it easy to talk to people at first no matter how easy it would be once you get to know them

I'm one of these people Someone kick me to death
        Why kick you to death?

*hugs* instead

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
          Yes, but sometimes it's hard to begin a conversation. It's a skill like any other.

Starting a conversation is the hardest thing for many people.
          As you get to know someone, it should get easier.
          If it doesn't...then IMO it's pointless to continue.

Connecting with someone is essential for any kind of real relationship, but you shouldn't let the initial awkwardness of meeting new people limit your decisions.

^ thats me ^ i have a real hard time talking to people
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Make a list of conversation topics. Categorize them by interest (1-7). Take the stuff in the lower groups and then figure out what you would say about them. Revise them to be less volatile(/inflammatory/upsetting) Remember it (but for the love of humanity, don't keep the list with you on the date!) so that if it comes up during a date, you won't have to think too much about it (you're probably thinking too much on the date already) or make a foolish remark off the cuff. If it seems like a sesitive subject, then ask about it.
            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
            Caboose: They could be worse?
            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

HOnestly mate, if you want to start a convo try "HI I'm (insert name here), how you going?"
              IF she WANTS to talk to you, she'll introduce herself.
              Then just go with something simple, like her job, her major(if she's studying), something like that. Ask her about herself.
              let it flow. If it doesn't, say bye and move on!
              Best advice I can give, tho I met my current GF on the net, so you might wnat to take it with a grain of salt!

Comment

Here's a good site with loads of conversation topics
                http://iteslj.org/questions/

Comment

Easiest 3 steps ever
                  1_ Good personality
                  2_ Be yourself
                  3_ To talk about things
                  you're interested in
                  and she also interested in

Comment

Boy how things have changed since my day.
                    I like Sharky
                    sigpic

Comment

I once had a long conversation with a girl about the dangers of stairs with a small gap (10 cm or less ) between the steps and the wall.. in case you slip and fall and get stuck there forever.. the same applies to beds that are not pushed up against the wall..

And that was one of the more serious discussions

Comment

Originally posted by miju View Post
                        I need conversation starters people. Other than the weather can the wimmen here place suggest some conversation topics they like to discuss with guys on a date?
                        Talking will come naturally when you find the *right* persona match.

Remember----First appearances can be deceiving, even when the signals are staring obviously back in your own faces..!! For me and my hubby, it's been a rocky 25 plus years -- taking the bad with the good moments; coping with mostly devastating financial and some really serious health issues involving major surgeries (gallbladder, kidney stones, hernia, heart bypasses, degenerative cartilage, chronic back spasms, mid-life other issues); but we've managed to stay together thru it, even when our circumstances were driving us further apart into wanting to leave each other. And that's not including home/family other crisises that have invaded our life.
                        That's the truth and part of the core of what keeping a relationship together (forever) is all about.

Originally posted by miju View Post
                        1. What was your best job?
                        2. What were your worst jobs?
                        3. Tell me all the places you worked
                        4. Tell me about your best friend
                        5. Tell me about your family
                        6. Tell me about your relatives
                        86. Ever had a crush on a member of the same sex?
                        87. Pet peeves?
                        88. Most annoying habit?
                        89. Sexiest parts of a member of the opposite sex?
                        90. Major turn offs?

what about this?
                        Firstly, I'd skip on the bed, bath, and any other super *intimate* stuff until life turns into a more serious commitment direction (like after you're engaged to spend life together--otherwise, bed and bath items might be an instant come-on turn-off!).
                        Been married over 25 years, and the above stuff never came into view, until I/we knew we were meant for each other / going to get married -- thus settle down and feel more comfortable with those topics as part of our future life.

Of course, it depends on the personas involved and their own specific preferences.
                        (speed taken from dating to mating, so to speak... one's religious / moral beliefs *may* have a huge factor in this area too.) just saying...

Other possible topics below -- some of these will be very important later in life!
                        Introvert (shy/sort of quiet) or extrovert (out-going and actively talkative)?
                        {usually the personality will reveal which type this is}

any favorite foods?
                        foods preferred to avoid?
                        veggies -- likes and dislikes?
                        do you cook or like to cook?
                        (eating out all the time gets quite costly!)

an indoors or outdoors type of person (this will be important down the future road!)
                        do you like the outdoors?
                        any favorite sports?
                        swimming, ski-ing (winter/summer), enjoying the outdoors in general...?
                        (I personally know a guy who loved the outdoors and tried to win over the heart of a gal who only went along for the companionship, because she was more of an indoors/gardening type of person. Needless to say, that relationship never took root.. it fizzled out, and the guy found another gal who enjoyed more of his outdoor spirit than the first gal.)

bicycle riding, horseback-riding, walking, other type of outdoor activity?
                        (horses are important for gals who like animals and guys who are allergic to certain animals)

indoor time watching Tv, reading, surfing the internet, family game boards (monopoly, trivia, scrabble, etc.)?
                        do you sew, make things, paint, enjoy art... or just bumming around...?
                        Ever have to fix anything yourself? If yes, what (and why / circumstances).
                        ***(Keep in mind that Future Mr/Mrs fix-it knowledge may be an imperative / important item to be aware of. Especially when things around the home need fixing/repair-- which person in this relationship is going to be relied upon for constant care and fixing things. Some wives whom I know, have been forced into taking matters into their own hands, because hubby darling procrastinated in fixing such and such, or botched the job in the first place!)***

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
                        Make a list of conversation topics. Categorize them by interest (1-7). Take the stuff in the lower groups and then figure out what you would say about them. Revise them to be less volatile(/inflammatory/upsetting) Remember it (but for the love of humanity, don't keep the list with you on the date!) so that if it comes up during a date, you won't have to think too much about it (you're probably thinking too much on the date already) or make a foolish remark off the cuff. If it seems like a sesitive subject, then ask about it.
                        Yeah, that's a good way to find the things that really matter.
                        Last edited by SGalisa; 04 May 2014, 10:09 AM. Reason: fix typos; phrasing

Comment

I have found the following works:

Hi I'm (Insert Name). That's enough about me for the moment. It's a pleasure to meet you. Let's hear about you.

I have used it. And the lady concerned is still a very close friend.
                          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                          To thy own self... Be true
                          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

When I was 16 and meeting new people at college I met a girl who had been to the same hospital as me ..Maybe at the same time ...We compared surgery scars and stories about the hospital

Comment

What follows is a true story...

I got talking to a lovely young lady at a convention I was attending. We got chatting about a lot of things. Only to discover that we lived in the same town and the same estate.
                              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                              To thy own self... Be true
                              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                                What follows is a true story...

I got talking to a lovely young lady at a convention I was attending. We got chatting about a lot of things. Only to discover that we lived in the same town and the same estate.
                                Was it also the same cell block?
                                I like Sharky
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X