May the Fourth be with you....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May the Fourth be with you....

I got this off of Yahoo earlier. This is the first time I have heard about this, although I am not the biggest Star Wars fan.....

May 4 is a special occasion for "scruffy-looking nerfherders" and closet fans of Aunt Beru. You see, today is "Star Wars Day." To the best of our knowledge there's no official party or convention, but there is a kind of secret handshake, albeit a verbal one. Instead of saying "may the force be with you," (as we all do hundreds of times every day) those in the know say "may the fourth be with you." Get it? May the fourth?

Honestly, we're a little embarrassed to be writing about this, but when the searches surge, we don't have a choice. So, rather than judge from atop Mt. Cool, we'll instead imagine May 4 as a day of togetherness for a galaxy far, far away. It's a day when Chewbacca and C-3PO put their bickering behind them. It's a day when Obi-Wan and the walrus guy from the cantina can kick back with a tall glass of blue milk. It's a day when Darth Vader is a little less angry, Jar-Jar is a little less annoying, and Luke and Leia are a little less, ahem, chummy. Go ahead and hug your nearest Jawa. It's Star Wars Day.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Yay! Is there cake?

May the schwartz be with you!

Comment

your schwartz is as big as mine!
      Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
        Yay! Is there cake?

May the schwartz be with you!
        There better be cake.

"Schwartz" - LOL! Space Balls, a timeless classic.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Star Wars Day? Glad I missed that then.
          sigpic
          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
            There better be cake.

"Schwartz" - LOL! Space Balls, a timeless classic.
            I had cake today!

And Spaceballs deserves to be on the shrine of greatest movies ever made.

And, you, person who said you were glad to miss Star Wars day- you speak blasphemy!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
              I had cake today!

And Spaceballs deserves to be on the shrine of greatest movies ever made.

And, you, person who said you were glad to miss Star Wars day- you speak blasphemy!
              LOL, you guys are cracking me up.

SpaceBallz makes me smile whenever I see the title and it makes me laugh just thinking about it, great movie!
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

May the Fourth be with you!

Sorry, I just had to.
                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

http://youtu.be/piVnArp9ZE0

Comment

Remember to do something Star Warsy today! I've been referring to all my co-workers as "scruffy looking nerf-herders."

Comment

I didn't know it was Star Wars day today, I shall make Star Wars references all day
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I was going to make this thread! (actually more like thing about making it but then be lazy and not) But I plan a Original Trilogy rewatch today. And I kinda view the whole of May to be "Star Wars" month so plenty of more Star Wars to go!

Comment

May the Force be with You.
                          I hope everyone is having a great 'Star Wars' day...
                          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                          To thy own self... Be true
                          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

May the Fourth be with you too!
                            If you always expect the worst you get only good news

Comment

And you too!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X