X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: Andromeda - Join The Expedition

"One Gate, Will Unlock The Rest..."

With the Ori threat becoming a reality within the Milky Way Galaxy, the Tau'ri embark on a mission to search for ways to combat this threat. One year after they first gained a foothold within the Milky way, the planet of Athria, designation P4X-717, reveals a major find within the empty ruins of a war-wracked Ancient base. It details what can only be called a Galactic Map, the remains of which only show a small percentage of the information it must have once carried. On this can be found remnants of gate addresses, some only three or four symbols in length, incomplete for use, all except two. One address is that of Atlantis, deep within the Pegasus Galaxy, the other belonging to another unknown location.

What unfolds from this find is a new quest, a quest to a new galaxy, to a new place where the Ancients once called home. But they find that all is not well in this Galaxy aswell. Upon their arrival, the expedition becomes enbroiled within a Galactic Civil War between humans the likes that have never been seen before, and it soons become the nature to face ones own faults within human kind. faced with this, an old enemy still exerts its power, spreading now into the Andromeda Galaxy.

---------------

Inspired by the top class Virtual Series in the internet, I decided to take time out (time out of revision for University - whoops), to create my own.

Currently the is only one crew member working on the project - me, and is still very much in the development stages at the moment. Hopefully that will change in the near future. So far, the development stages have overseen the basics of the project, mainly:
    • Main and Recurring Characters
    • The Enemies
    • Storyline for at least the First Season
    • Script for the Two-part Season One Opener (Currently still in writing)
    • Plot summaries for five of the first ten episodes

I am open to any kind of words, criticism (aslong as its constructive of course), help, anything that you may have to add to the project. Even if you think you may be able to add something permanent to the project, I am extremely happy to hear your inputs, anything from website design, graphic design, script writing, anything that you may think can help in this project.

You can find the in-transit website here: http://www.freewebs.com/stargateandromeda
    Last edited by Dr Hurst; 29 May 2006, 03:59 AM.

Im really Interested in this Series, its got a really good Premise. You look like your going to be a good person to be heading the series, id be happy to help out. Im very interesting in the "faults within humanity" part of the teaser; and its quite a teaser.

"one gate, will unlock the rest" - thats quite a tagline!

Looking forward to seeing this Develop, add me on MSN if you want to talk, need help on anything.

Immhotep, Stargate: Genesis E.P
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Hurst
      ...all accept two. One address is that of Atlantis, deep within the Pegasus Galaxy, the other belonging to another unknown location.
      Just letting you know that it should be except over there but otherwise it looks quite nice. Love the red and andromeda name it. Makes it look quite different.

If you want any ideas and suggestions in terms of of story development, bad guys then just let me know as thats the most i can offer. Can't really do scripts and stuff or web design.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I like the banner and the way the Earth PoO's are on either end of the word Andromeda.
        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Well, with the thanks of Immhotep, I've drastically changed the season one opener. We both had what seemed like a five hour brainstrom session over the past two days, going over some ideas for it.

What I am mainly looking for as volunteers are those that have experience in writing scripts, and would like to contribute to writing one/two/some (delete as applicable) of the episodes. If anyone is interested, then get in touch with me and have an example of your writing abilities to show me.
          Last edited by Dr Hurst; 05 May 2006, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Hmm... Interesting. I've got quite a bit of experience, and I volunteer myself to write an episode (we'll, of course, see how it goes from there).

Comment

Well, I dont know about writing, but I'd love to be maybe a... beta reader?
              ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Well, just a quick update to keep things going. The opening two part episode, titled "The Journey" is well underway, nearing around 25 pages in about three-four days of purposefully writing it.

I'm still looking for more people to volunteer their services to the project, again mainly writing staff. If you'd like to volunteer, for any position, and not just writing, then please send me an example of your work for me to look over.

Thanks

Comment

Well Im not a writer per-se but you never know, i might be tempted, as to other positions, im there for general assistance/ idea throwing around guy, as ive been for the past week or so.
                  Love the title, the journey, very ironic seeing the way it came about.
                  Love the ideas being thrown about, your looking to be a really great new Vs, cant wait to see things progress.
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

I can help write a few episodes and more.......I have good experiences with script writing and all that....

The only thing is that I'm always so busy with highschool and all that stuff (I'm a freshmen ) And I'm also working on a book series that I'm hoping to get published soon and some other fanfics and I'm also writing my own virtual series too...it's called Stargate Avalon....which is also in the andromeda galaxy in the year 2020. Maybe we could do a few crossovers....my series is still in development though....

But I'd love to help with the script...and maybe you guys can help with my series too......

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

I'd gladly help out as a creative consultant, if needed. I might and I stress might, be able to help out with a script once in a while too, though it would be tough balancing that with school, my own virtual series, and several other things.

Comment

Don;t worry about school, I wouldn't ask anyone to write scripts during the important times of the school year. I myself am currently (at least should be) revising for my Year One exam at University, so I know how people feel about that.

Edit: What I will do, for everyone interested in writing for this series and/or providing ideas, is once I have finished the two part opener to the series, I will send it to you, you can look at it, give feedback etc, and those wanting to write, I will send you the information about the characters (backstories, personalities etc) and details of the episode that I might get you to write.
                        Last edited by Dr Hurst; 11 May 2006, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Remeber guys apply at SGU.
                          Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

They already are Pash.

Comment

Hey there, its your friendly neighbourhood Pope here Bin reading this forum for a wile now and speaking to Immhotep about it, and it sounds like a great idea.

I'm busy with Genesis at the moment but as soon as i have all my episodes finished for S1, i can offer my services and ideas if they are needed

ThePope
                              Stargate: Genesis

http://stargategenesis.sg-event-hori.../genesis/site/ - Genesis Home
                              http://stargategenesis.16.forumer.com/index.php - Genesis Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X