This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

meet the ancients?

one of the main reasons to go on the trek to atlantis was the hope of actually meeting a member of the ancients. why doesn't everyone in the show know that the ancients have since ascended? we know because daniel figured it out. i also thought he had somehow told jack,sam, etc. that the ancients were now ascended?

They do...they even mentioned it in Hide And Seek, and multiple times in Rising 1 & 2....

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

they said theres a chance that some may have stayed on atlantis and they could meet the relatives i assume. But hey The whole ascension thing is OVERRATED! when will they get off their high horse and do something. And have any of them visited Atlantis yet you know to keep an eye on it.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

I believe that its only in our galaxy that they ascended.

Spoilers, Ep.1 Atlantis: Rising.

The holo-lady said that the Ancients from the pegasus galaxy were either killed off by the 'enemy' (at this point, we're assuming the wraith), or they went back through the stargate to live on earth.
        The people left in the pegasus galaxy didn't even know about earth or the Milky Way galaxy, and thus, have no idea about ascention.

Also.. we only know about ascention because of Daniel and Oma Desala. The rest of the population had (and still have) no idea.

But, if you're asking about the SGC people - why dont they know about the ascention.. i believe they do? They were wondering in this ep though, whether it might be possible that some Ancients had survived in the pegasus galaxy though.

Comment

the ancients can visit atlantis they can go and taunt the wraith if they wanted to.

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

people! come on!! spoiler space where needed please!

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
              people! come on!! spoiler space where needed please!
              .....You should try names.....

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

lol if ur reffering to me i didnt say it was gonna happen i was saying it could happen, much like the Gou'ald infiltrating the Wraith homeworld, its possbile bnut very unlikely lol

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                  .....You should try names.....
                  Fair enough.
                  I was actually referring to most people in the thread, but didn't have the patience or time to go through and list them. It was a very very general throw out request.
                  But if you insist (man I feel snarky now )

Astroblade: Spoilers for Atlantis Rising 1 & 2

DFA: Spoilers for Atlantis Eps. 1,2 & 3

Metonic= Spoilers for Rising.
                  (you actually mention something happening in the ep.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
                    Fair enough.
                    I was actually referring to most people in the thread, but didn't have the patience or time to go through and list them. It was a very very general throw out request.
                    But if you insist (man I feel snarky now )

Astroblade: Spoilers for Atlantis Rising 1 & 2

DFA: Spoilers for Atlantis Eps. 1,2 & 3

Metonic= Spoilers for Rising.
                    (you actually mention something happening in the ep.)
                    lol really? sorry? lol I just looked at it and I thought u were talking about the last post i madein the topic lol I forogot i posted before lol sorry bout that lol

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                      they said theres a chance that some may have stayed on atlantis and they could meet the relatives i assume. But hey The whole ascension thing is OVERRATED! when will they get off their high horse and do something. And have any of them visited Atlantis yet you know to keep an eye on it.
                      The whole reason they ascended was so they could be "above all that" kind of petty bickering over over material objects such as who owns what planet, etc. What I can't figure out is why they even bothered to inform us that they existed. What are they good for? And I can't wait to be one...oh, I am: see username.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Spoilers for S6 "Full Circle" and Atlantis "Hide and Seek"

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                        The whole reason they ascended was so they could be "above all that" kind of petty bickering over over material objects such as who owns what planet, etc. What I can't figure out is why they even bothered to inform us that they existed. What are they good for? And I can't wait to be one...oh, I am: see username.
                        I think the SG:A team was right thinking the whole reason they started pursuing ascension was to advance themselves further. Of course, once the plague kicked up in the Milky Way, they started pursuing ascension to save their collective butts.
                        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                          Spoilers for S6 "Full Circle" and Atlantis "Hide and Seek"

I think the SG:A team was right thinking the whole reason they started pursuing ascension was to advance themselves further. Of course, once the plague kicked up in the Milky Way, they started pursuing ascension to save their collective butts.
                          Or perhaps via a Quantum Mirror?

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                            Or perhaps via a Quantum Mirror?
                            How would a Quantum Mirror help them ascend?
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                              How would a Quantum Mirror help them ascend?
                              It wouldn't help them to ascend, but perhaps they coud go to a parallel reality where the Ancients haven't ascended just yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X