This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set up a real SGC

Any thoughts. I though about this when i watched Season 1. Coz NASA and SETI developed a lot of "First Contact" scenarios and strategies. I wouldn't be surprised if SG teams used some of them. What about personnel? How many military personnel are in SGC? How many civilain personnel? Are the gate technicans military? They should be technicians from MIT or CALTECH? What kind of scientists are necessary for SGC? Hard sciences? Soft sciences? SCC seems to be more focused on technology than study of plants or animals? How would the US govt recruit them?

I would venture to guess... "THE SAME WAY THEY DO FOR AREA 51".

They privately approach people and recruit that way. Technology they need can be acquired through research institutions (corporations do this anyway). If they need someone badly, they can approach them.

AS for ARmy personnel? It's a fracking army base. There's going to be hundreds of military officers. Civilians? Minimal. Unless they serve such a huge purpose that they can't find an army counterpart for them.

Felger and Coombs? Would be executed on sight.

Comment

How do you sleep at night?

Well... I don't know how I'd do it if I were running the place (probably run away to Burma like a certain Seinfeld character we know...) but from what I can tell, the SGC started out relying more on the military... but later on (like in the case of Atlantis,) they started taking in the civilians more. I.e. Dr. McKay, Dr. Zalenka, Dr. Weir. I think the idea with having civilians more often now works better for them. I also think that the sciences the SGC seems to care about the most are physics... and astrophysics. As for recruiting people... They just show up on the doorsteps of smart people's houses and hope the smart people don't have guns.

I'll have to think more about the other questions.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Stargate is run by the Airforce, i would assume almost all doctors, scientists, whateverm would be from the Airforce.

If it were me, i would do the whole military approach aswell. They would be easier to command and more likely to do what you tell them.

Im pretty sure most of the sciency stuff is done at Area 51, SGC is not a research lab.
        An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Why would a real SGC be based in America? China has more people, more resources, more money and can actually manage to keep secrets.

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
            Stargate is run by the Airforce, i would assume almost all doctors, scientists, whateverm would be from the Airforce.

If it were me, i would do the whole military approach aswell. They would be easier to command and more likely to do what you tell them.

Im pretty sure most of the sciency stuff is done at Area 51, SGC is not a research lab.
            Agreed! I too would go with the military approach. I'd only go outside that circle when I really needed someone in a certain field.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

They probably set up whole covert opertions right from the begining, with it own independent source of funding. Like from illegal activities throught the CIA. Then later down the years useing patents bought about from studying alien technologies. This way you would not have to bother with annoying senators. Funding could also come through other projects which would be given a bigger budget than needed and of cause the extra money would be put into the stargate programe.
              As for recruiting the scientist I would obviously contact and try to employ any that we needed. If they already working for a private company I would then just use them has sub contractors on projects.
              Obviously I would of upgraded the facilities by now exspecially we all the technology we have gain over the pass ten years. So by now the whole sgc would be built in specially constructed base.

Comment

Working...
              X