Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the person who should have been invited to Atlantis..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, I liked Hailey too. Mainly because O'neill could appreciate her warrior mentality even though she was a frelling genius. I also appreciated the fact that she was envious of Sam's track record at the academy. But while those 2 may have rubbed each other the wrong way, I think that after a time, in Atlantis, she would have to kill McKay for his obvious shortcomings...... and being such a pianist! (see relevant thread.)
    Last edited by Ancient 1; 06 August 2004, 05:02 PM. Reason: system errors

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
      AWOL is the more serious charge. Gen.Kerrigan gave her another chance to prove herself after the assault ,but he couldn't have done that if she'd gone AWOL ! (Or at least,not easily ,IMO)
      I can't remember the exact wording of the scenes,but he made it very clear,that if she didn't prove herself to Carter,that she was out of the Academy .
      Even with an AWOL charge the General could have adminstered non-judicial punishment; a mere slap on the wrist compared to a Courts Marshal.

In any event Haley did graduate from the academy or she could never have started her stargate training, which she passed her evaluation in "Proving Ground." She was also probably smart enough to know she passed when they briefed her on her part in the radiation scenerio.

All the members in that training group passed and were to be placed on stargate teams as positions opened up...well here's one that 's open; insert one anal retentant blonde smart_ss kick_ss biotch in Haley! "Was that too much?" President in 'Lost City'
      Last edited by Ancient 1; 06 August 2004, 11:35 PM. Reason: addendumb

Comment

I thought Hailey had already gone through it once before, and was on the training team to do Elliot's "real" situation. She said something like "you should've seen what I had to go through," implying she'd been through it before.

As for her characterization in "Prodigy"... I think we were supposed to hate her. That seemed to be the whole point, that she was an uptight b!tch who could grow to be something more if she'd just get her superiority complex in check. "Prodigy" = arrogant, raw cadet Hailey, "Proving Ground" = confident, personable officer-to-be Hailey.

Comment

I never cared for Hailey either. I can love an endearing know-it-all (examples: Jonas, Mckay) but there was nothing endearing about her. At all.
          Nurturing my Inner Geek...

Hooni

Comment

How about Maybourne? If this is the end of SG-1 this season, why not continue with one of my favorite characters? He could help with any spying that needs to be done. And he could shore up the incredibly weak Weir character. I vote for Harry. IMHO of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Yu Huang Shang Ti
              I thought Hailey had already gone through it once before, and was on the training team to do Elliot's "real" situation. She said something like "you should've seen what I had to go through," implying she'd been through it before.

As for her characterization in "Prodigy"... I think we were supposed to hate her. That seemed to be the whole point, that she was an uptight b!tch who could grow to be something more if she'd just get her superiority complex in check. "Prodigy" = arrogant, raw cadet Hailey, "Proving Ground" = confident, personable officer-to-be Hailey.
              You may be right. At the time I thought she was talking about something else, (like maybe she went through an intense briefing or select training for her part in the scenerio...even as a trainee), but what you say makes better sense. I just assumed she was a trainee because she was put under the command of another wannabe. She did say at one point that it was SG-1's turn for this phase of the training exercise and that "if they got picked it would be by the best"...but that could have just been a part of the whole exercise.

As far as being likeable at first; I tend to like the characters that are set up to be disliked...as long as the actor can pull it off. Kinsey would be a good example. I enjoyed hating him and McKay, although Pete would be my exception to this rule.

I'm starting to get a "fron-ache." I usually try to keep my answers succinct and "pithy," as O'reilly would say, and I had this short reply all thought up and now it's starting to take on a life of its own...getting a bit cruvis...must end reply...for now........ahhhhhh!

Comment

Actually, This is who I think should have been cast to spice things up and be the thorn in Sheppard's side.

http://mh.wz.cz/hvezdy/keith/keith1.jpg
                http://www.space-debris.com/and_cobb_head.jpg
                http://felbartlett.org/images/keith.jpg
                http://wlpippi.netfirms.com/keithbaw12.jpg
                ha ha, keith spam!!
                I'll never understand why he cut his hair. Was someone offended by it? nah, that'd be dumb, but he still looks great. You can't take the Roar out of a Lion.

Forget that silly soap he's on, soaps are simply a haven for those bursting with talent. Don't forget RDA used to be on GH. *snicker*
                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Jonas is another natural addition to the A-team.
                  JONAS!!

He should have been part of the regular cast I believe. They should have gotten rid of Lt. Ford and has Jonas part of the team. When Shanks came back to SG-1, Nemec should have been able to stay on as a recurring character (like. Dr. Beckett) and the character Jonas should have been able to return home.That way Jonas could have been offered a position on the Atlantis team. And then that way they would have brought an established character, who already had a good following, to the show.

I would have loved to have seen Jonas on SG:A.
                  "You ended that sentence with a preposition!!" - Jack O'Niell

My DVD Collection

Comment

Does it have to be somebody from the Stargate universe? Because if not, I'd send the Dalai Lama. A civilian, extremely educated and very open to new ideas. Spoiler for "Sanctuary":
                    Spoiler:
                    Chaya
                    would have had a blast with him.

Of course, then he would be missing here on earth. But I think he'd be a great addition. ;-)

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                    it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                    It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                    And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Westies- I'm guessing West Point cadets/graduates. Big military school here in the US.

Are there really height requirements? My dad said the military liked short people because they fit in subs and jets better. But he could have just been saying that to make me feel better...

I can say that in the Navy, at least, they don't care. I almost joined, once, and I'm only 5'1".
                      There is a minimum and maximum height requirement for the military (army, airforce, navy). Because the contract they have for uniforms they can only get uniforms from as small as one standard size to as big as another. So for a guy she would be too short. But since the average height for women is lower than for men the shortest they will accept is different from that of the men. She was of adequate height. For women the cut off is Five foot I think. Might be 5 foot 2 inches.
                      "When I started school it was considered a miracle for an ass to talk, now I'm not so sure." ~Anonymous

"I do not agree with what you say, but I defend to my death your right to say it." ~Voltaire

"Like Broadway, the novel, and God, feminism has been declared dead many times" ~Katha Pollit

"I'm a feminist and I don't care who knows it." ~Me

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
                        She was so annoying in my opinion. She looks like she is about 12. She is five foot nothing and couldn't beat up a mouse.

I am so glad she isn't on Atlantis.
                        I know a lady 5'4". She's calm and unassuming. Patient and friendly. I am 5'10" weigh in the vicinity of 240. She tosses me around without sweating. She's sick wicked good.

There was this one dude. His name was Bruce. He wasn't even 5'3" and didn't weigh 130lbs. The guys that worked out with him said getting kicked by him was like getting hit by a car. There is one story/myth of how someone attacked him. He kicked them in the side of the head. Their head snapped so quickly that their neck muscles tore. Bruce was little, but that dodn't mean a thing.

Small size isn't a disadvantage, it's easier to kick them in the nutts when they're taller than you.
                        ~Teddy
                        "When I started school it was considered a miracle for an ass to talk, now I'm not so sure." ~Anonymous

"I do not agree with what you say, but I defend to my death your right to say it." ~Voltaire

"Like Broadway, the novel, and God, feminism has been declared dead many times" ~Katha Pollit

Comment

One of the problems with Hailey being in Atlantis is that there would be another officer in the mix. If you included her, that'd make four officers that we know of. That's a lot of officers for such a tiny contingent, even if the primary reason for one of them being there is to make Ancient technology turn on.

Plus, it seems to me they kind of wanted to avoid having a Sam clone in Atlantis, which I think is a good idea.
                          Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

They should have brought Jimmy Buffet. I mean they're on an island, basically. Can you think of anyone better to have if you're spending your down time on an island than Jimmy Buffet? I mean seriously. If not him, a world class chef. They're going to encounter new and interesting foods. A chef would be ideal. Besides I'm sure Wolfgang Puck would be more than happy to have a monopoly on gourmet dining in the pegasus galaxy.
                            ~Teddy

Comment

Sorry, but if anyone should have been taken to Atlantis, it should have been me. I won't go into my credentials, just that I would be the most logical choice. Of course, I'm a tad biased......and VERY delusional. Better go take my meds now.
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I kind of liked hating Hailey even when I thought she was a little twit. Although I think she and Mckay would kill each other if they were in the same room too long... might be interesting to watch but they just might be too much for one show.

I think I would have been a great additon. I could be that person in the corner standing around looking rather like Wraith-bait.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Working...
                                X