Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the person who should have been invited to Atlantis..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By young I meant like 25.....I mean Carter was what like 30 when she walked through the gate?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
      Hailey has to be in the midtwenties, and Cassandra 19, not that I'm advocating the idea, it's not a good one, just pointing it out.
      That's why I said young/teenage. Anyone under the age of 30. It's far too "young and hip" for my tastes. Hollywood has effectively decimated any possibility of a "junior" version of anything looking good.

Comment

She was so annoying in my opinion. She looks like she is about 12. She is five foot nothing and couldn't beat up a mouse.

I am so glad she isn't on Atlantis.

Comment

Speaking as a "five foot nothing" kinda girl, I can say that height and general dimensions have little to do with fighting skills. I'm short and scrawny, but I can kick much larger asses than my own if I have to.

And I fight dirty.

I'd also like to point out that McKay is incredibly annoying, too, but he makes it work for him and, IMO, he's the best thing on Atlantis.

Comment

For the love of everything no!

"Not to liked in the SG universe" is a huge understatement.

If she was on that show it would have been a goner from the beginning.
            It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

i had mixed feelings about her
              she was a good character for a couple eps,

but i'm glad she is not a permanent installment onto any team, when i saw her my first thought (sorry to compare to star trek as so many do) was OMG female westley crusher, man i hated that character.

Comment

That would be my position on McKay you know... but i'm giving him a chance. He still rates up there as the most annoying character on Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
                  She was so annoying in my opinion. She looks like she is about 12. She is five foot nothing and couldn't beat up a mouse.

I am so glad she isn't on Atlantis.
                  Your opinion's fine,no problem if you don't like her,IMO.

There's only one thing though.Looks,as Shadow said ,aren't everything...

Hailey may look like she "couldn't beat up a mouse",but in "Prodigy" she did serious damage to a much taller (male) cadet .

On a lighter note: My sister's about the same height and build as Hailey.
                  She looked very nice and fluffy,but nobody in their right mind tried to bully her at school . She didn't fight dirty,but she was mean !
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 17 April 2005, 11:54 PM. Reason: Sigh..typos
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                    That would be my position on McKay you know... but i'm giving him a chance. He still rates up there as the most annoying character on Atlantis.
                    Hey ! I think that's in his job description,so he's not even meant to please everybody !
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

SPOILERS for 38 Minutes

Personally, I think Kavanaugh is a complete, annoying jackass with no redeemable qualities. And he has a ponytail! Bleah!

Comment

I agree with you Maat. I loved when he made fun of himself. If I was in Wier's shoes, I would have said..."Oh, by the way, there was nothing there to begin with!"

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Ponytail Boy has an assistent opposite who seemed pretty darn bright (blond woman), why not just space him or dump him in the ocean....

Spoiler Space....

If he's not the one that betrays them to the Wraith in upcoming episodes (and the advanced word it isn't one of the Tayla's people) than my bet is he'll attempt to forment a revolution against Dr. Weir.

Comment

Dear Eru, please not Hailey. She was so arrogant and annoying in "Prodigy" that I had to restrain myself from throwing heavy objects at the TV screen.

On the other hand, I had a similar reaction to McKay, but he's much more likeable in Atlantis than he was on SG-1, IMO.
                            When the stars align, and the east meets the west...

Comment

I found Hailey a little annoying in Prodigy...that's what made her such a good character. She really got up my nose with all that nostril flaring she was doing.

But I ended up liking her a *little* more by the end and in Proving Ground, I really liked where they had taken her.

I think she would make a great addition to Atlantis. It would be great to see her develop that unbreakable bond with her team that SG1 has and that we saw developing in Proving Ground. It would also be great to see how she adapts to hostile situations, how she copes with being under pressure and not always knowing the answer and people's lives depending on her 'smarts'. She would very soon realise (as she already was) that it really isn't about who's right.

I could really see this character growing and becoming likable and complex.

But since there can only be one brainy scientist type on the team, I'm afraid my allegiance is still with McKay. He's just sooo brilliant and soooo snarky. And pessimistic too

I've loved McKay every since he called Carter a dumb blonde. I was outraged - in a good way.

Faced with a choice between him and Hailey, I'd pick McKay every time. Which isn't to say they couldn't fit her in somewhere along the line. They could get into an 'i'm smarter than you are' 'no you're not' 'yes i am' 'are not' 'am too' kinda relationship.

That would bring back Hailey's obsession with being right and McKay, being the snarky pessimistic man he is, would love nothing more than to prove her wrong as often as possible.

Comment

Actually, I wasn't too fond of Hailey, but I have no good reason as to why. I did always figure we might see her again. Who knows? Maybe she is there already on another SG team? In any case, I don't think her character, in two brief appearances, was developed well enough to make her fit in what has become the Atlantis team. McKay was a better choice.

Oh, and ix-nay on the Stargate90210 business.
                                Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                                O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                                - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                                - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                                once done, cannot be undone...
                                brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Working...
                                X