The Caprica speculation/discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    Moving on from that little interruption, OMG PREVIEW!!!!!
    Originally posted by morjana View Post
    From SciFi.com, Caprica Trailer
    COOL thanks!

Comment

amazing!!!
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        amazing!!!
        Hmmm that certainly made it look interesting. Although I wonder if we'll see any of the Colonial fleet... while I like the lack of complete space-based stuff, I want to see some evidence of the times. The Colonials must be pretty advanced even then, as in ninety years they'll have the Battlestars and FTL travel...
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          Hmmm that certainly made it look interesting. Although I wonder if we'll see any of the Colonial fleet... while I like the lack of complete space-based stuff, I want to see some evidence of the times. The Colonials must be pretty advanced even then, as in ninety years they'll have the Battlestars and FTL travel...
          In ten years. This series is set nine or ten years before the first cylon war, at which point the Galactica exists.

If I'm getting the timeline right (and I might be wrong, it does all seem a little sketchy at this point), this series is set 51 years before the attack on the colonies, the cylon war ended fourty years before the attack on the colonies (roughly 44 years before the current point season four), we don't know how long the cylon war lasted right? But it couldn't have been much more than a year or two at the most, given that you'd think that it would take eight or nine years between the invention of the first cylon and the start of a war.

I would love to see some shots of the Galactica being built in this series. That's kind of my only wishlist item. But I don't want to see constant nods or references to BSG, or any really that aren't important, and that sounds like it will be the case. If it got too self-referential that would kill it.

Comment

"He's a lot like Bill Gates... only richer."

An Eric Stoltz interview at io9.

Comment

In ten years. This series is set nine or ten years before the first cylon war, at which point the Galactica exists.

If I'm getting the timeline right (and I might be wrong, it does all seem a little sketchy at this point), this series is set 51 years before the attack on the colonies, the cylon war ended fourty years before the attack on the colonies (roughly 44 years before the current point season four), we don't know how long the cylon war lasted right? But it couldn't have been much more than a year or two at the most, given that you'd think that it would take eight or nine years between the invention of the first cylon and the start of a war.

I would love to see some shots of the Galactica being built in this series. That's kind of my only wishlist item. But I don't want to see constant nods or references to BSG, or any really that aren't important, and that sounds like it will be the case. If it got too self-referential that would kill it.
              I thought the same thing about the timeline. All Cylon evolution has happened during Bill Adama´s lifetime, and his firs Viper mission was just before the Armistice. Besides, let´s remember Battlestars were created "looking at the past" to avoid Cylon infiltration....we should expect (even thought they never make it in to any screen) computers and ships better than the Galactica we know (and love).

I´d love to see (just for a sec) a toddler Laura Roslin at some point. Just a glimpse of her....or hor her young and lovely mom (and teacher too).

Professional pyramid game......I know it´s stupid, there is absolutely no reason for it, just for our fun and to remember this is not a different place. This is Caprica, but it´s Battlestar Galactica universe too.

The promo looks dark and promising enough for me and I think it´s a wise decision to make a totally different show instead of recycling the same formula. It´s a rich, broad universe, still unexplored. We should be able to watch how Cylons were created by a man, when and how they rebelled, whether other Colonies suffered because of Caprican Cylons first and finally how first Cylon War began

"All of this has happened before......"

http://hq55.com/cap/second1/second1_123.jpg
              Last edited by Skydiver; 01 September 2008, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DOIKECARTER View Post
                I thought the same thing about the timeline. All Cylon evolution has happened during Bill Adama´s lifetime, and his firs Viper mission was just before the Armistice. Besides, let´s remember Battlestars were created "looking at the past" to avoid Cylon infiltration....we should expect (even thought they never make it in to any screen) computers and ships better than the Galactica we know (and love).

I´d love to see (just for a sec) a toddle Laura Roslin at some point. Just a glimpse of her....or hor her young and lovely mom (and teacher too).

Professional pyramid game......I know it´s stupid, there is absolutely no reason for it, just for our fun and to remember this is not a different place. This is Caprica.

The promo looks dark and promising enough for me
                Awwww, I want to see little girl Laura as well (she's be what? If Bill is about ten or eleven she'd be about four or five? based on the difference Mary and Eddie's ages). We probably won't, I think RDM said they won't be doing things like that, but *sigh* it would be so cute! And then we could all say: "what happened?" j/k

And I want to see a pyramid game as well.

Comment

Awwww, I want to see little girl Laura as well (she's be what? If Bill is about ten or eleven she'd be about four or five? based on the difference Mary and Eddie's ages). We probably won't, I think RDM said they won't be doing things like that, but *sigh* it would be so cute! And then we could all say: "what happened?" j/k

And I want to see a pyramid game as well.
                  A cameo of a toddler or little girl wouldn´t break any storyline and even Caprica is a big planet we are still talking about Caprica City, and Laura´s mom was a teacher. I guess it will only happen in fanfiction. But a Pyramid game on a TV screen....come on! It should be as football/soccer is in Europe.....ever present. I want to feel Caprica as a bit familiar.

Comment

I was under the assumption that the series took place 51 years prior to the first Cylon war, but I guess that wouldn't work considering Adama isn't 90 years old.

I wonde if we'll see the Galactica being built, it would be a cute little cameo to have someone watching the news and it flashes to them building a battlestar or something.

Comment

"the destruction of humanity has a beginning"

brilliant tag line

and "our family name isn't adams it's adama
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Sky One will air Caprica pilot in November.

I can´t wait

Comment

Zoe had a turbulent start to the series. Where does her journey take her as the season progresses?
                          "She struggles to figure out if she can get out of the robot body and leave Caprica. She's the Zoe avatar so she's not the original. What's her place in the universe? What can she do? Where can she go? She certainly feels like a person, so what's the difference? She's gonna face struggles and self-discovery."

Daniel and Amanda have grown apart in recent episodes. Will they ever be able to put the past behind them?
                          "It's been a difficult time - they've gone through a really traumatic event. We'll see that continue a bit more for them. I don't wanna give it away, but Amanda's dangers are not over."

Is it likely we'll see Daniel and Joseph becoming friends?
                          "All I'll say is that their storylines will start to intersect quite soon."

What can we expect from the season finale?
                          "A cliffhanger - multiple cliffhangers! We've just started general discussions for a second season, but we don't know if we're getting renewed yet. We know where certain stories would take us. I'm hopeful that we'll get picked up - I'm feeling good!"

http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/inter...e-caprica.html

stuff to look forward too
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                          X