The Caprica speculation/discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Caprica speculation/discussion thread

Here it is, your one stop shopping for all things Caprica.

discuss, debate, have fun. But let's limit it all to the confines of this thread for the time being.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

well here the article for those who don't know http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...acticais.shtml

the shows going to be set more than 50 years before the events of Battlestar Galactica, Caprica takes place on the capital world of the Twelve Colonies. There humankind thrives, living in a peaceful society with the benefits of high technology. But the development of an advanced, robotic, artificial life form is about to change everything.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The big question is: WHEN?
      School is overrated.

Comment

My guess would be late 2007 - early 2008.

Comment

I wonder if they will reuse some of the original series designs like the mushroom shaped Basestars and disk shaped fighters. They could potentially even bring back the IL series who would serve a more administrative role while the Centurions were the warriors.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Who should be frontrunners for acting roles?

Would known or relatively unknown actors be better in cast.

Due to rising cost in YVR would it be best filmed elsewhere? This might impact actor’s availability.

Should there be any ‘Adama’ grandfathering? Knowing that this will take place before current timeline and family military is established.

Can we sustain another BSG show? Knowing for the most part many has issues with Stargate spin-off, Atlantis.
            The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

I total love this idea! I’d love to see the cylons as good guys being taken advantage by the humans. I’d love to see this go in to the war years.
              Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

here's scifi's official press release:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr...0060426scifi02

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

SCI FI CHANNEL UNVEILS POWERHOUSE DEVELOPMENT SLATE

Unprecedented Commitment to Original Programming With Top Tier Creative Talent Including Jesse Alexander, Freddie Prinze Jr., Eric McCormack

NEW YORK -- April 26, 2006 -- SCI FI Channel's Mark Stern, EVP, Original Programming, announced today an aggressive slate of original scripted dramas, miniseries, alternative reality and late night series for the Channel. Already established as an industry leader with highly acclaimed and award-winning shows such as 'Battlestar Galactica,' SCI FI Channel's latest slate of high profile projects showcases top industry luminaries and offers imaginative, broad appeal entertainment.

Scripted Series
                'CAPRICA'
                From executive producers Ronald D. Moore and David Eick ('Battlestar Galactica'), writer Remi Aubuchon ('24') and NBC Universal Television Studio, this new series is set over a half a century before the events that play out in 'Battlestar Galactica.' The people of the Twelve Colonies are at peace and living in a society not unlike our own, but where high-technology has changed the lives of virtually everyone for the better. But a startling breakthrough in robotics is about to occur, one that will bring to life the age-old dream of marrying artificial intelligence with a mechanical body to create the first living robot - a Cylon. Following the lives of two families, the Graystones and the Adamas (the family of William Adama, who will one day become the commander of the 'Battlestar Galactica') 'Caprica' weaves corporate intrigue, techno-action and sexual politics into television's first science fiction family saga.

Comment

Originally posted by BackStageJim
                  Who should be frontrunners for acting roles?

Would known or relatively unknown actors be better in cast.

Due to rising cost in YVR would it be best filmed elsewhere? This might impact actor’s availability.

Should there be any ‘Adama’ grandfathering? Knowing that this will take place before current timeline and family military is established.

Can we sustain another BSG show? Knowing for the most part many has issues with Stargate spin-off, Atlantis.
                  They will use unknowns - cheaper. Also sounds like they will use the same writing team which will spread them awfully thin. Plus, someone else mentioned in the other thread, it sounds like SciFi is looking for a replacement for the Stargate shows. The casts, especially SG1 have been around along time and probably get more money than unknowns would in a new show, and if the whole show is based on "Caprica" then the special effects would probably be a lot cheaper.

Comment

we may get to see the origanal twelve battlestars being built after the cylons go bad and that other family that isnt the adams will get woven into the curent series now

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

I still want to know what sexual politics mean. That phrase sounds kind of funny to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
                        I still want to know what sexual politics mean. That phrase sounds kind of funny to me.
                        What does a cigar, a blue dress and a Monica have in common
                        Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

So this means hellow 4th season for BSG?
                          .:Humanity's Children Are Returning Home:.

Comment

Originally posted by prion

... television's first science fiction family saga.
                            Guess Will Robinson and family were not Sci-Fi, then again it was the 60's.
                            The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

As long as this new series doesn't damage the quality of BSG, I'm all for it, I guess. I'll at least give it a chance.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X