This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S2/28 General discussion & speculation thread

Even though I haven't seen the "Christmas Invasion" episode yet I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where people who had seen the episode could post about it and future episodes from Series 2/28 proper when they are screened without having to worry too much about spoiler tags (of course it might be nice to try and use them here anyway ) so here is the Thread knock yourselves out.
    Last edited by Willow'sCat; 30 January 2006, 10:04 PM.

The preview trailer that aired after TCI was awesome!
    Spoiler:
    I *loved* the line "May I introduce... Miss Sarah Jane Smith." (Line is spoken by Anthony Stewart Head!) And then the camera shows David Tennant's surprised face. Oh, so cool!!!

Not too sure about the kiss. I'm not against the Doctor kissing a companion or anything, but it didn't look "natural". The setting seemed odd. I don't think it's actually real, or that it's actually Rose. Oh well...

Comment

As the Doctor once said 'Your wish is my command but be careful what you wish for' hear is all the season 2 and Torchwood news we know so far. This databases should be updated as soon as new news appears.
      WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS you have been warned. Oh and btw the original format of this was made by my friend Punk-Dude-Danny I have borrowed and tweaked it so if you want to use this ask me or him but he is rarely on here in fact I beleive he has only ever posted one post as he spends his time on other forums.

Guest Stars:
      Camille Coduri, returns as Jackie Tyler (Rose's mum).
      Noel Clarke, returns as Mickey (Rose's on / off boyfriend).
      Penelope Wilton, returns as Harriet Jones.
      Anthony Head, (Giles in Buffy), wil appear in the new series.
      Andy Garcia, of Coyote Ugly fame, will appear in the new series.
      Elisabeth Sladen, will reprise her role as Sarah-Jane Smith from the classic series of Doctor Who.
      Robert Lloyd-Pack will be starring as a character called John Lumic in episodes 5 and 6
      Tracy Ann-Oberman will star as character Yvonne Feilding expecting to appearin episodes 12 and 13
      Andrew Hayden-Smith will appear in the new series as character Jake Simmons
      more news to come
      CYBERMEN:
      Yes, they are back! Better then ever, and the BBC have released the first shot of a Cyberman. Rock on! Check the new suit out, and prepeared to get hyped. http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/images/cyberman2006.jpg
      What are Billie's Impresion of the Cybermen?
      She said:
      Quote:
      "They are giants, absolutely terrifying (but) quite sexy actually."

The shooting for the Cybermen Episode has began. And to wetten your appatites, a teaser site has been made. Beware, It contains a few shots of the New Cybermen, so consider this a Spolier warning. + The 00ber coolness might blind you.

http://www.cybuscorporation.com/
      God, I hope they havent changed the history of the Cybermen....I will upload a spolier free version of the Cybermen history soon, just need to convert it to MP3.

EPISODE GUIDE:

Episode 0: The Comic Relief Special
      WRITER:
      DIRECTOR:
      AIR DATE: Already Aired
      When the Doctor regenerates, Rose finds herself with a new man. Can she trust a trusted friend with a new face? And whats gone wrong with the Doctor's Regeneration?
      FOLLOW UP TO THE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

Episode 14:The Christmas Invasion
      WRITER: Russel T Davis
      DIRECTOR: Russel T Davis
      AIR DATE: 25th December
      AIR TIME: 7pm
      Those that dont know what happens yet or havent seen the ep yet and by all means you should!!! So ive created a less spoilerish guide for this particular
      The Tardis Crash lands on Earth on Christmas Eve the Doctor is still recoving from his regeneration and as such is suffering from post-regeneration trauma. Meanwhile Earths spaceprobe Guinevere 1 is released into space. Guinivere 1 crashes into what we think is an asteroid but is then sucked into it and we find it is a spaceship. Soon all hell brakes loose as Rose and Mickey are attacked by a group of Santas using flamethrowers and Rose,Jackie and Mickey are attacked by a Christmas Tree.
      But who is controlling these objects and what do they want?

The Interactive Episode: Attack of the Graske
      WRITER: Gareth Roberts
      DIRECTOR:
      AIR DATE: 25th December repeated on BBC 3 New Years Day
      AIR TIME: After the Christmas Special
      A special mini episode available to BBC digital subscribers using their 'red button' to access; the viewer is able to fly the TARDIS, 'fight the Graske on the planet Griffoth' and 'hunt the Graske in Victorian London' – the latter is ‘an authentic Dickensian Christmas scene, complete with snow'.

Episode 1: New Earth
      WRITER: Russell T Davies
      DIRECTOR: James Hawes
      AIR DATE: TBA
      AIR TIME: TBA
      CONFERMED CAST:Zoe Wanamaker (Cassandra), Noel Clarke (Mickey), Michael Fitzgerald (Duke), Lucy Robinson (Clovis), Dona Croll (The Matron), Adjoa Andoh (The Sister), Anna Hope (The Novice), Sean Gallagher (Chip)

The Doctor and Rose stumble upon a "plague farm" in the far future in the guise of a nightclub run by evil cat people ... and involving their old nemesis Cassandra, who's still very much alive.

Episode 2: Tooth and Claw
      DIRECTOR: Euros Lyn
      CONFIRMED CAST: Pauline Collins (Queen Victoria), Ian Hanmore (Father Angelo), Michelle Duncan (Isobel), Jamie Sives (Reynolds), Ron Donachie (Steward), Tom Smith (Host), Ruth Milne (Flora), Derek Riddell (Robert).

In Balmoral castle in historic Scotland, the Doctor must protect Queen Victoria from an alien onslaught.

Episode 3: School Reunion
      WRITER: Toby Whitehouse
      DIRECTOR: James Hawes
      CONFIRMED CAST:Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith), Anthony Stewart Head (Mr Finch), John Leeson (K9), Noel Clarke (Mickey), Eugene Washington (Mr Wagner), Caroline Berry (Unknown), Rod Arthur (Unknown), Joe Pickley (Kenny), Lucinda Dryzek (Melissa), Heather Cameron (Nina), Benjamin Smith (Luke), Clem Tibber (Milo)

The Doctor is reunited with old friends Sarah Jane Smith and K9 at a mysterious school overrun by the evil Krillitanes.

Episode 4: The Girl in the Fireplace
      WRITER: Steven Moffat
      DIRECTOR: Euros Lyn
      CONFIRMED CAST: Sophia Myles (Madame Du Pompadour), Ben Turner (King Louis XIV), Jessica Atkins (Young Girl).

In 18th century France, the Doctor and Rose end up in the court of Louis XIV..

Episode 5: Rise of the Cybermen Episode 6: Untitled
      WRITER: Tom MacRae
      DIRECTOR: Graeme Harper
      CONFIRMED CAST:Noel Clarke (Mickey), Camille Coduri (Jackie Tyler), Shaun Dingwall (Pete Tyler), Roger Lloyd-Pack (John Lumic), Andrew Hayden-Smith (Jake Simmonds), Colin Spaull (Mr Crane), Helen Griffin (Mrs Moore), Jules Bert (Photographer)
      Two-part story

The Doctor and Rose face the terrifying Cybermen on an alternate Earth doomed to disaster!

Episode 7: The Idiot's Lantern
      WRITER: Mark Gatiss.
      DIRECTOR: TBA

Set in England during the 1950's with an unusual sort of alien intelligence that travels through the airwaves on television broadcasts.

Episode 8: The Satan Pit Episode 9: untitled
      WRITER: Matt Jones
      DIRECTOR: Grahame Harper

Two-part story
      The Doctor and Rose visit a nightmarish alien world...

Episode 10: Untitled
      DIRECTOR: TBA

An offbeat episode featuring the Abzorbaloff, a creature created by a Blue Peter viewer

Episode 11: Untitled
      WRITER: MAtthew Graham (was Stephen Fry but his ep is so good and such a high budget it has been brought forward to season 3)
      DIRECTOR:

Episode 12: Army of Ghosts Episode 13: Doomsday
      WRITER: Russell T. Davies.
      DIRECTOR: Grahame Harper
      CONFIRMED CAST: Noel Clarke (Mickey), Camille Coduri (Jackie Tyler), Roger Lloyd-Pack (John Lumic), Tracy Ann Oberman (Yvonne Hartman), Adam Shaw (Morris), Freema Agyeman (Adeola)
      Two-part story

The Cybermen have awakened in our universe, and they've allied themselves with something from the Doctor's past...

TORCHWOOD:
      The new badwolf. It appears thought time and history, and the Doctor and Rose hear its calling. What is it? Who is it? Is it a warning? Is it a message?
      Torchwood will debut on BBC Three late next year. Created by Russell T Davies it stars John Barrowman as Captain Jack.
      "Torchwood will be a dark, clever, wild, sexy, British crime/sci-fi paranoid thriller cop show with a sense of humour - the X Files meets This Life," says Russell T Davies.
      "It's a renegade bunch of investigators charged by the British government to find alien technology that has fallen to Earth," BBC Three controller Stuart Murphy told The Independent.
      The show will be set in Cardiff, and will be 13 45-minute episodes, transmitting between series of Doctor Who. Confirmed writers include Sapphire and Steel creator PJ Hammond.

Episode 1: Untitled

Episode 2: Untitled

Episode 3: Untitled

Episode 4: Untitled

Episode 5: Untitled

Episode 6: Untitled

Episode 7: Untitled

Episode 8: Untitled

Episode 9: Untitled

Episode 10: Untitled

Episode 11: Untitled

Episode 12: Untitled

Episode 13: Untitled
      Last edited by Metarock Sam; 08 January 2006, 11:40 AM.
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Oooh thanks for thet Metarock Sam

Comment

Thank you it was no problem at all.

Comment

I can't wait for the Sarah-Jane Smith episode, she was the first assistant I remember

Comment

You wont have long to wait! I think it starts in March so just 3 months
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                You wont have long to wait! I think it starts in March so just 3 months
                So it is March then? Still 13 episodes?

Andy Garcia is going to be in it? Wow that was unexpected casting and I can't wait to see Elizabeth Sladen either I really loved Sarah Jane Smith back in the day. I can live without seeing or more to the point hearing K-9 but seems like you can't have one without the other and I am so glad that Tony Head will be in that episode too and he looks like he gets to play bad which I think he does so well.

Comment

Guest Star lit updated. I forgot some info.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    The cybermen will return for the final two eps, along with an enemy from the doctors past.

Oh and apparently a second christmas special will be released at the end of the year

Also, as an estimate, I would say the release for S2 will ether be the 18th/25th of March or the 1st of April
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I saw the preview It was cool the way he said K-9
                      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

some episode name changes and guest star list ypdated plus a mini synopsis for most episodes. all info from Outpost Gallifrey.

Comment

I can't wait to see K-9 again
                          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I can live without K9 (never liked it). The highlight for me has got to be The Cybermen, Anthony Head and Sarah Jane.

Comment

Looking at the cast list, Is Mickey joining the Doctor and Rose as a companion?

Comment

Working...
                              X