This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard ori similarities????

just looking at the schematics for the beliskner class ship and saw some circles on its design (see the pic below) that look similar to the big circle in the ori ships could they both be based on similar tech ie the asgard adapted it from the ancient database they have and the ori helped develop it when they were with the ancients?

http://www.stargatetechworld.com/pho...3e22n_180.html
    the very young do not always do as they are told...

you blow up one star and suddenly everyone expects you to be able to walk on water... next parting the red sea

you have to imagine that the Asguard evolved their own level of high-tech and when they were able to, adapted some understanding of Ancient tech into their own -- but for instance, the transporters -- did the Ancients always need rings to do this? Or as in Atlantis, a room with a connection to another room -- the Asguard seem to have evolved this tech greater than either the Ancients we've seen (though we've seen various levels of Ancient, perhaps not the highest-evolved scientifically) and the Wraith (though the Wraith were able to counter-act the transporter fairly easily I'd say).

Food for thought.

Comment

It does look somewhat similar. I think thats where the neutrino ion generators are located. Those rings are just the corridors that go around the generator.

Comment

i dout that the asgard ship has those 3 rings as generators...where do they live n room for ne thin else those this r huge...take up most of the ship
        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
        Anime signature in spoiler tag
        Spoiler:
        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by SP90
          It does look somewhat similar. I think thats where the neutrino ion generators are located. Those rings are just the corridors that go around the generator.
          Unlikely that they are a complete generator encompassed by the corridor. I only say that because of this Pic Here. As you can see, there appear to be other rooms within that circle.
          Though Im not saying the generators arent located there. Just that they probably arent that large.
          Last edited by AtlantisRising; 25 April 2006, 08:38 PM.

Comment

I realy do not believe they are connected they almost look like a structure to hold up the celling some advanced design.
            sigpic

Comment

i dont think the asgard have anything to do with the ori

Comment

They are not related. If the Ori knew of the asgard they would attack thier galaxy.

But they probably have a similar propulsion system as the Ancients shared with the Asgard a long time ago.
                aka paddytehpyro

Comment

the rings in the ship are probley just labs or control rooms because i would expect while in the middle of nowhere they would still do research to fix bugs in systems or make upgrades design new equipment or weapons
                  War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Comment

if really was similar to the source power of the ori ships, that would lead us to a question: Why does the asgard needs 3 of them, while the ori ships needs only 1? It wouldn't make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRising
                      Unlikely that they are a complete generator encompassed by the corridor. I only say that because of this Pic Here. As you can see, there appear to be other rooms within that circle.
                      Though Im not saying the generators arent located there. Just that they probably arent that large.
                      Perhaps all that stuff highlighted in red are corridors then and the circles are just more corridors. Looking at the other pictures maybe the generator is below the deck(s) that circle is on. The circle appear to be on the dorsal side of the ship while the generators are in the lower decks, more towards the ventral side.

http://www.stargatetechworld.com/pho...3e22n_094.html

Comment

This brings up a greater question of the "Four Races" and their great alliance -- did they share technology? I assume that each race had to be already sufficiently advanced to warrant their interactions on the same level, but then once they met and formed the alliance, did they make any exchanges of technology, culture, information?

The closest thing we have to established cannon is Thor's almost tossed-off comment that the Asgard have been studying an Ancient Repository for many years and "only scratched the surface."

Comment

But that would mean that they didn't openly share all thier technology because otherwise the asgard wouldn't need the repository but stil i think the asgard should upload all the info in atlantis it is much quicker
                          War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Comment

just had another thought nothing to do with power generation perhaps its the hyprespace generators or coils that would make sense the asgard have 3 and can go from galaxy to galaxy in a few seconds the ori only have one and so to come to our galaxy they need to use supergates rather than hyperspace travel

but in reality i agree with most they are probably just corridors so u can have in ship shots that look huge because the corridor bends and you never see the end
                            the very young do not always do as they are told...

you blow up one star and suddenly everyone expects you to be able to walk on water... next parting the red sea

Comment

Originally posted by Ace-Ventura
                              if really was similar to the source power of the ori ships, that would lead us to a question: Why does the asgard needs 3 of them, while the ori ships needs only 1? It wouldn't make any sense.
                              Simple, the Ori are more intellegent than the Asgard.
                              aka paddytehpyro

Comment

Working...
                              X