This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did the Ancient seed life ?on Earth or Pegasus

We know the Ancient seeded life on Earth and in Pegasus galaxy,but how did they do it.
    We know where babies comes form, and the Ancient probably created human in their lab's test tube.
    Earth was easy, because Ancient can watch over them on one planet,Earth.The same planet they also live on.
    But in Pegasus, before the Wraith

It is not like Kull warrior or drones, human don't come out of factories.
    They are human beings look exactly like the Ancient without their superior mind or PSI abilities and minus ATA genes.

Did the Ancient raised them from babies and talk to them like their sons or daughter or were they treated like test subject?

Teyla call Atlantis their Ancestor's city,probably beause her ancestor pass on stories when they were living in the labs of Atlantis before they were release into the wild,

I ask because unlike milkyway, the Ancient seeded life in hundred's place in Pegausus at the same time.

Did the Ancient just created a few dozen babies? and raised them until they reach a mature age and release a few of them on some habitable planets ,like wild Salmon until Pegasus was full of human.
    maybe return to check on them every few yr.
    And Ori probably did the same the same thing.

They probably return to one planet a few yr too late and find the mutated Iratus bugs after they ate the human and becaome the Wraith.Naturally instead of killing those bugs they brought some back for studies, and the Early Wraith learnt a few things like language from the Ancient.The rest was history

Babies are unlikely. It's been said several times that the humans of the Milky Way are the second evolution. Whatever the method, evolution took place, not just placement.

Whatever method they used likely had some controls in place to ensure that we evolved to be like them. It's wacky science, but if they didn't ensure this on some level, anything could have happened and we could easily have been lizard people.

I would say that controlled evolution on this scale is probably the greatest technological acheivement the Ancients ever managed. The scale is unimaginable.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

That is an incredible achievement...perhaps even above the ZPM technology...
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

The Ancient Seeding Experiment in 8 Steps

Step 1: Disinfect the planet with the Dakara device.

Step 2: Capture native life and introduce an engineered virus to augment the creatures intelligence and physical appearance.

Step 3: Wait a couple hundred thousand years... Then proceed to Step 4.

Step 4: If the species hasn't evolved intelligence, go back to Step 2. If the species has evolved intelligence, go to Step 5.

Step 5: If the species hasn't evolved advanced intelligence, go back to Step 3. If the species has evolved advanced intelligence, go to Step 6.

Step 6: If the species has evolved advanced intelligence, make first contact; If the species tries to kill you, go back to Step 3. If the species welcomes you, share your knowledge and culture with them, and continue to Step 7.

Step 7: If the species civilization shows that they understand power and responsibility, share your knowledge of advanced technologies with them. If they blow themselves up with it, go back to Step 2. If they use your advanced technologies to blow others up, go back to Step 1. If they use your advanced technologies in peace, go to Step 8.

Step 8: Ask the species to join an alliance with you. If they agree, share all your knowledge and technologies with them. If they disagree, go back to Step 3.
        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

LOL, I like your Ancient Seeding steps Jarnin.
          Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
          Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
            We know the Ancient seeded life on Earth and in Pegasus galaxy,but how did they do it
            store in a cool dry place, use plenty of water, and make sure to trim away the weeds

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

I think Jarnin has summed it up perfectly. However step 1 and 2 could be compined, dakara can recreate life ergo having the life recreated already would make steps 3-8 more streamelined.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                I think Jarnin has summed it up perfectly. However step 1 and 2 could be compined, dakara can recreate life ergo having the life recreated already would make steps 3-8 more streamelined.
                The Dakara device can't recreate anything; from the description of it's abilities by Jacob/Selmak in the episode Reckoning pt II:

JACOB: If I'm reading this screen right, the weapon uses an energy wave to reduce all matter to its basic molecular elements. It's not strong enough to disintegrate an entire planet but it will wash away everything on a planet's surface and anything in the surrounding space.

CARTER: Sounds bad.

JACOB: I know, but it also sounds like it does it much the same way your disruptor technology works on the Replicators. By separating the individual components.

CARTER: They are both Ancient design. General O'Neill did use Ancient knowledge to build the disruptor.

JACOB: I know.

CARTER: You think this weapon can be modified to work only on the Replicators?

JACOB: I don't know, but I'd hate to blow it up before I was a 100 percent sure it couldn't.
                Since we know the results of Threads, we know that the Dakara device can indeed be tuned to only effect specific things, in this case, the Replicators. In the ancient's case, it was the Plague.

There's no reason, and more importantly no evidence, that supports the idea that the ancients destroyed everything on the planets they hit with the Dakara device. In fact, there's overwhelming evidence that the device left the planets almost unscathed.

Look at it this way: The Dekara device is like a radio transmitter. Depending on which frequency it's tuned to, it'll be picked up by different antennas. The way Jacob, Sam and Ba'al tuned it in Threads, it would only be picked by by the Replicators. The way it was tuned when they first got there, was probably a frequency that would only effect that plague that wiped the ancients out.
                Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                  The Dakara device can't recreate anything; from the description of it's abilities by Jacob/Selmak in the episode Reckoning pt II:

Since we know the results of Threads, we know that the Dakara device can indeed be tuned to only effect specific things, in this case, the Replicators. In the ancient's case, it was the Plague.

There's no reason, and more importantly no evidence, that supports the idea that the ancients destroyed everything on the planets they hit with the Dakara device. In fact, there's overwhelming evidence that the device left the planets almost unscathed.

Look at it this way: The Dekara device is like a radio transmitter. Depending on which frequency it's tuned to, it'll be picked up by different antennas. The way Jacob, Sam and Ba'al tuned it in Threads, it would only be picked by by the Replicators. The way it was tuned when they first got there, was probably a frequency that would only effect that plague that wiped the ancients out.
                  Indeed. What we did to the Replicators, the Ancients first did to the plague that was killing them. Unsuccessfully, I'm betting, since they still died off (and a very small percentage ascended).
                  sigpic
                  http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Ah but we Also know that the Dakara Device was use to recreate life in the Milky way, We know this from anubis.
                    JIM: I know. That's a tough one. (He slides his new newspaper across the counter to Daniel.) Speaking of which, have you seen the latest? (Daniel opens the new copy of The Ascended Times. The main headline reads: "Secret Plan Revealed. Anubis' dastardly plot to regain Ancient Weapon of Destruction".) He's a crafty one. Really knows the ins and outs of the rules. I give him three to one odds to succeed. Wanna know the irony of it all? That device was originally used by the Ancients to create life in the Milky Way ... well, recreate it after the whole plague thing. No kidding. Now it all gets undone with the push of one button, leaving Anubis to recreate things all over to his own liking. There's a waste of a million-odd years of evolution, huh? (He turns around to the customers in the diner and calls out to them.) I say someone should really do something to stop him! (The customers take no notice. Jim waves his hand dismissively at them and turns back to Daniel.) But no-one will. (He calls out to the kitchen.) Can I get a coffee?
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                    X