This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RDA (Not Chuck Norris) Facts

Chuck Norris Facts have swept through the internet like crazy. I thought: "Why not make RDA Facts?". He himself is a TV legend and has done everything from saving the day with a paper clip or kicking alien a**.

All Here:
    Spoiler:
    Originally posted by Wikipedia
    Richard Dean Anderson (born January 23, 1950) is an American actor.

Contents [hide]
    1 Biography
    1.1 Early Life
    1.2 Career
    1.3 Private Life
    2 Filmography
    2.1 Starring Roles
    2.2 Guest-starring Roles
    2.3 Producer
    2.4 Composer
    3 See also
    4 External links

Biography

Early Life
    Anderson was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota to Stuart Jay Anderson and Jocelyn Rhae Carter, and has Irish, Swedish, Norwegian and Mohawk Native American ancestry. He grew up in Roseville, Minnesota and attended Ohio University and St. Cloud State University.

Career
    He started his acting career in soap opera (appearing on General Hospital as Dr. Jeff Webber from 1976 to 1981). He also starred as Adam in the television series Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (based very loosely on the movie of the same name).

Richard Dean Anderson as MacGyver.Anderson came to fame with the hit television series MacGyver which lasted from 1985 to 1992 and was highly successful throughout its entire run.

From 1997 to 2005, he starred as Colonel/Brigadier General Jack O'Neill in Stargate SG-1, based on the movie Stargate starring Kurt Russell and James Spader. In Season Eight, he opted to have a reduced role in the series due to his reduced availability. Anderson has decided to leave the show as a regular star in Season Nine, preferring instead to make a few guest appearances.

He was presented with an award and made an honorary Brigadier General at the Air Force Association's 57th Annual Air Force Anniversary Dinner in Washington, D.C. on September 14, 2004 because of his role as star and executive producer of Stargate SG-1, a series which has portrayed the Air Force in a positive light since it first premiered. It was presented by the then-Air Force Chief-of-Staff, General John P. Jumper. The last recipient of the award was James Stewart in 1987.

Richard Dean Anderson as Colonel Jack O'Neill in Stargate SG-1Anderson has always been a great fan of the television show The Simpsons and finally in 2005 he was invited to guest star on the show, which he had continually referenced during his time on SG-1. He voices 'himself' in an episode called Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore (season 17 episode 17, air date April 9 2006) in which he is kidnapped by Selma and Patty Bouvier, Anderson's MacGyver character is a longstanding heartthrob for the sisters of Marge Simpson. Dan Castellaneta, the voice actor who portrays Homer Simpson, made a guest appearance on Stargate SG-1 and, in describing his unnatural ability to see the life events of Jack O'Neill, made reference to O'Neill's fondness for "The Simpsons."

He also appears in the 1997 PC game Fallout as the voice of Killian Darkwater, who was the clever head of the city made entirely of post-nuclear junk (Junktown).

Anderson reprised his role as MacGyver in 2006 when he appeared in a Mastercard commercial during Super Bowl XL.

Private Life
    Anderson has a daughter named Wylie Quinn Annarose who was born in 1998 by his partner, Apryl Prose.

He is also an avid ice hockey player and skier and is so much of a fan of the sports that he has deliberately appeared playing these sports in several of his TV shows, including MacGyver.

Filmography

Starring Roles
    Year Title Role Other notes
    2006 Mastercard Superbowl XL Commercial MacGyver TV Commercial
    2005 Stargate SG-1: The Alliance (Delayed) AF Brigadier General Jack O'Neill (voice) Video Game
    1997 Stargate SG-1 Colonel/Brigadier General Jack O'Neill (1997-2005) TV Series
    1997 Firehouse Lt. Michael Brooks TV
    1997 Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Role-Playing Game Mayor Killian Darkwater (voice) Video Game
    1996 Pandora's Clock Capt. James Holland TV
    1995 Past the Bleachers Bill Parish TV
    1995 Legend Ernest Pratt/Nicodemus Legend TV Series
    1994 MacGyver: Trail to Doomsday Angus MacGyver TV
    1994 Beyond Betrayal Bradley Matthews TV
    1994 MacGyver: Lost Treasure of Atlantis Angus MacGyver TV
    1992 Through the Eyes of a Killer Ray Bellano TV
    1992 In the Eyes of a Stranger Jack Rourke TV
    1986 Odd Jobs Spud
    1986 Ordinary Heroes Tony Kaiser
    1985 "MacGyver" MacGyver (1985-1992) TV Series
    1983 "Emerald Point N.A.S." Navy Lt. Simon Adams TV Series
    1982 "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" Adam McFadden (1982-1983) TV Series
    1982 "Young Doctors in Love Drug Dealer (uncredited)
    1976 "General Hospital" Dr. Jeff Webber (1976-1981) TV Series
    [edit]
    Guest-starring Roles
    Year Title Role Episode
    2006 "The Simpsons" Himself (voice) "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore"
    2004 "Stargate Atlantis" Brigadier Jack O'Neill USAF 1.1 "Rising: Part 1"
    2004 "The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn" Himself
    2000 "National Geographic Explorer" Himself "North America's Last True Wilderness"
    2000 "The Martin Short Show" Himself
    2000 "Donny & Marie" Himself
    1998 "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" Himself
    1997 "Newton's Apple" Himself
    1996 "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" Himself
    1992 "The Arsenio Hall Show" Himself
    1991 "The Arsenio Hall Show" Himself
    1991 "The Joan Rivers Show" Himself
    1990 "The Joan Rivers Show" Himself
    1990 "The Arsenio Hall Show" Himself
    1982 "The Love Boat" Carter Randall 5.24 "Isaac Gets Physical/She Brought Her Mother Along/Cold Feet"
    1981 "Today's F.B.I." Andy McFey "The Fugitive"
    1981 "The Facts of Life" Brian Parker 2.16 "Brian and Sylvia"

Producer
    Year Title Role Other notes
    2004 From Stargate to Atlantis: Sci Fi Lowdown Executive Producer TV
    1997 Firehouse Executive Producer TV
    1997 "Stargate SG-1" Executive Producer TV Series
    1994 MacGyver: Trail to Doomsday Executive Producer TV
    1994 MacGyver: Lost Treasure of Atlantis Executive Producer TV

Composer
    Year Title Other notes
    1988 "MacGyver" TV Series (song "Eau d'Leo" in episode "The Negotiator")

Just took the Fun out of it, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
      All Here:

Just took the Fun out of it, eh?
      nope, he was talking about these kind of facts: Chuck Norris has two speeds. Walk, and Kill. But he wanted this ones for RDA. BTW, the best ones would be from macguyver

Comment

May be a bit off topic, but isn't O'Neill a Major General now? Wikipedia seems to have him at his highest being a Brigadier General.

Just wondering if anyone who's reading this thread knows.

" A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here." " --Steven Wright

--Does that sound familiar to anyone else?--

Comment

Originally posted by Rodan5757
          May be a bit off topic, but isn't O'Neill a Major General now? Wikipedia seems to have him at his highest being a Brigadier General.

Wikipedia is wrong and i have no idea what this has to do with the thread.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
            Wikipedia is wrong and i have no idea what this has to do with the thread.
            I did say that it may be a little off topic.

" A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here." " --Steven Wright

Comment

Actually it has him as a Major General
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                Actually it has him as a Major General
                WEll it didn't earlier, did you just update it?

Comment

Something tells me the point of this thread is to say dumb things like:

RDA once made a cannon out of a dead man's skull and a fire cracker.

or

RDA got lost in the Amazon for seven days. Not only did he survive, but he built a whole city complete with indoor plumbing from the contents of his backpack.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

WEll it didn't earlier, did you just update it?
                    Nope, and the request for it to be changed was in August Glitch maybe? loaded up a cached page? is chached even a word and if so is that the right word for it? Why am I talking like this?
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

When RDA was trapped in a stake lined pit in the Congo, surrounded by wild animals, he built a jetpack out of twigs and bark and flew to safety.

Ok, so it's crap, but I'm getting into the spirit

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                        Nope, and the request for it to be changed was in August Glitch maybe? loaded up a cached page? is chached even a word and if so is that the right word for it? Why am I talking like this?
                        Yes cached would be the right word in this instance.

Comment

guys... no more chuck norris facts game with other persons. My brain hurts!
                          Free Jaffa

Comment

c'mon guys get in the spirit!

RDA once saved an entire civilization by evacuating them through a stargate he created with spare parts from a toaster, ducktape and a paperclip.

Comment

When God needed it to rain on the earth for Fourty days and fourty nights, he had RDA build a rain machine with 600 needles and 600 angles...

When Maguiver premeired in Iran, it inspired them to create a nuclear bomb from a roll of ducktape, a pound of Uranium, and toilet paper.

RDA traveled back in time to see God create Adam out of Dirt, when Adam ended up just being a 6ft dirt statues, RDA pee'd on him.. Giving him life.. ?

RDA was Hitlers poison.

RDA traveled back in time, and created the simpsons.

Due to a fluke in the Stargate, RDA traveled back to the day God was Born and ate him...

When Napolean invaded Russia, RDA lured them farther in, burned the russian homes, then using a tank of oxygen and liquid nitrogen created a winter so cold it forced Napolean to withdraw.

When the Mexicans attacked the Alamo, RDA was there, but was beamed up by Thor."

In WWII the United States did not drop a single Bomb on Japan, they dropped RDA.

In the year 2012, RDA becomes Governor of Utah, he then buys Cheyanne Mountai nand turns it into an Amusement Park.

RDA healed Ronald Regan using his Ancient powers.

Both John Wayne and RDA have been frozen, both have battled aliens(extraterrestrials or immigrants) Both have defended the earth from hippies??

Alright i can't think of anything ridiculous anymore.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Working...
                              X