This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The exact actual sizes of various pieces of stargate tech

These are the specs for various pieces of technology. I got this information from an official stargate mag

X-301
    Length:22m
    Height:4.5m
    Weight:20,000kg
    Wingspan: (curved)55m

X-303
    Length:195m
    Width:80m
    Height:65m
    Weight:1.5 million kg

Tel’taks
    Length:15m
    Wingspan:10m
    Height:6.5m
    Cargo: (max. load)35,000kg

Death Glider
    Length:20m
    Height:4.37m
    Wingspan: (curved) 52m
    Max Speed:12,000 kph

Staff Weapon
    Height:2m
    Diameter:25mm
    Mass:4.5kg
    Maximum Range: 70m

Transport Rings
    Dimensions:7.5m (outer ring) 7m(inner ring)
    Width:0.1m
    Ring Weight:2.58 tonnes

Naquadah Reactor
    Length:100cm
    Chamber Diameter:30cm
    Height:50cm
    Weight:32kg
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Clearly smoked crack while coming up with the 301 and DG numbers. Same goes for rings and Nq-reactor

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
      Clearly smoked crack while coming up with the 301 and DG numbers. Same goes for rings and Nq-reactor
      I know the 301 and death glider seem off but these are apparently the right ones and whats wrong with the reactor?

Comment

the rings are not 7m wide, i think 7 feet is more accurate. the other sound fine. also the naquadah reactor? which one?
        the first one and the atlantis ones were that size about 1-1.5m long
        but the one that was in scrotched earth was about 10 feet long
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
          the rings are not 7m wide, i think 7 feet is more accurate. the other sound fine. also the naquadah reactor? which one?
          the first one and the atlantis ones were that size about 1-1.5m long
          but the one that was in scrotched earth was about 10 feet long
          The rings will most likely vary in size from place to place
          The reactor size is for the atlantis ones from season one I think

Comment

55 feet is more likely. The F-302 can easily be scaled from the AMRAAM AIM-120 Slammer missile.

I also think the Nq-reactor is more like 60-70cm long. If the rings were 7m in diameter people could be laying down without any problem. In all scenes during the show, a small group of people have to fit tightly together.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper
              The rings will most likely vary in size from place to place
              Actually in the episode "The Other Guys" they stated that from their observations all rings were identical in size. Though I can't remmember what the size was.

Comment

i think its about 6/7 feet, when tealc was in the ring flat, in exedous he had a few inces either side and id put CJ at 6'4" or 5.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Just a note:
                  The weight for the X-303 is stated at 1.5 million kilograms. converting 1.5 million kilograms to pounds you get:
                  1,500,000 kilogram = 3,306,933.932773164 lbs.

The biggest aircraft carrier in the US naval fleet weighs 365,000 tons. Converting tons to pounds we get: 365,000 ton [short, US] = 730,000,000 lbs. An aircraft carrier weighs more than the X-303?

Conversion done here.

Comment

i think they should all be in feet... that would make more sence... but then again... ofcource you guys who are fans know more about the measurments than an offical magazine
                    "I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony."
                    "Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried."
                    "I shot him. In the leg."
                    "I'm invulnerable."
                    "Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?"
                    "In-vul-ner-able!"

Comment

Originally posted by XxDark-LordxX
                      i think they should all be in feet... that would make more sence... but then again... ofcource you guys who are fans know more about the measurments than an offical magazine
                      Personally, i prefer to work in metric. Unit conversions within metric are a simple act of shoving a decimal point left or right. Imperial measurements are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                        Personally, i prefer to work in metric. Unit conversions within metric are a simple act of shoving a decimal point left or right. Imperial measurements are stupid.
                        INDEED... but i meant that those measurments may be in imperial and he put them in metric...
                        "I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony."
                        "Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried."
                        "I shot him. In the leg."
                        "I'm invulnerable."
                        "Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?"
                        "In-vul-ner-able!"

Comment

Originally posted by XxDark-LordxX
                          INDEED... but i meant that those measurments may be in imperial and he put them in metric...
                          some of the values seem to make sense. The Naquadah reactor seems about right. Some of the bigger number look deceptive, especially in metric. Most of the time, metric is smaller than imperial, so converting to imperial will result in smaller numbers.

Comment

You guys call English standard measurements "imperial?" I've never heard that.
                            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                              You guys call English standard measurements "imperial?" I've never heard that.
                              I've heard english standard measurements called "Standard", "english" or "Imperial".

Comment

Working...
                              X