Doomsday (2813/213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post

Replace the dryer with the Ark and change the signs to "Exterminate humans, this way!" and soon you'll have yourself an Ark full of Daleks.

Hehe that works. But I still have a hard time watching that episode and thinking how on Earth Timelords got them to go in there - Unless they somehow managed to beam the Daleks into the Ark, or made the Ark itself hunt down and capture Daleks.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I just figured they had some way to temporarily disable the Daleks or contain them in a force bubble or something similar. Or maybe it DOES act like some kind of free-ranging Dalek vacuum, zipping around the universe, sucking up Daleks and unfortunate dust bunnies.

Comment

I want to know why the TARDIS didn't get sucked into the void along with everything else.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
          I want to know why the TARDIS didn't get sucked into the void along with everything else.

Why would it? It came from our universe, not the other one?

I also think (and have said in another thread) tha events in "Father's Day" Possibly created the universe that they visited because as the Doctor said in I think "Army Of Ghosts" our actions create other universes.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            Why would it? It came from our universe, not the other one?
            For the same reason that the Doctor and Rose had to hold on for dear life even though they too were from our universe (as were the Daleks from the voidship). The vortex was going to pull in everything that had passed from one universe to the other. I think the TARDIS not going is a plot hole, unless I missed some explanation about how it stayed.
            Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Maybe the TARDIS didn't want to go.

Yeah, I know people have been able to "call" the TARDIS before and outside forces have had their influences on her, but I'm still inclined to say that if the TARDIS wanted to stay, she'd stay.

Now, if the Doctor had gotten somehow sucked into the Void, it might be interesting to see if the TARDIS followed him. Dunno just how far the TARDIS's loyalty/connection to the Doctor goes. Might still stay put and wait for the next Time Lord to come along. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                Maybe the TARDIS didn't want to go.

Yeah, I know people have been able to "call" the TARDIS before and outside forces have had their influences on her, but I'm still inclined to say that if the TARDIS wanted to stay, she'd stay.

Now, if the Doctor had gotten somehow sucked into the Void, it might be interesting to see if the TARDIS followed him. Dunno just how far the TARDIS's loyalty/connection to the Doctor goes. Might still stay put and wait for the next Time Lord to come along. LOL

Well then she'd be a bit of a two timer then wouldn't she

Comment

Yeah, I think the explanation is pretty much: "TARDIS".
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    Well then she'd be a bit of a two timer then wouldn't she
                    I dare you to say that to her... er... face... thingy.

Comment

I think it's certainly extended universe canon that TARDISes go off somewhere and expire gracefully when their Time Lord dies. It's all to do with the isomorphic link and the telepathic bond; very sweet really.
                      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                        I think it's certainly extended universe canon that TARDISes go off somewhere and expire gracefully when their Time Lord dies. It's all to do with the isomorphic link and the telepathic bond; very sweet really.

A bit like the Vorlon ships in Babylon 5, but I always got the impression we never knew whether it was Kosh in the suit as the real Vorlon or the ship itself.

Comment

just finished watching this ep and I'm balling my eyes out Billie piper is amazing and really sold the "take me back" after her father saved her from the void

epic win

cass
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

this is a fantastic episode and i agree i bought Billie piper as roses emotion in this episode she is a great actor.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                              this is a fantastic episode and i agree i bought Billie piper as roses emotion in this episode she is a great actor.
                              the passion she showed wanting to go back to the doctor was amazing she really lost her best friend

Comment

i agree
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X