This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prometheus Hanger bay...Answer

I know there is already a thread for this subject but since that has quite a few pages I thought that I shoud just post it here so everyone can see it
    The answer is........
    The prometheus was built to operate with a gould hyperdrive thats what the wing things were for......when the prometheus was refitted with an asgard drive they became useless so they turned them into hanger bays for 302's. Also judging from the few screencaps of ethon I have they kept the hanger bay under the bridge also making the 303 quite useful for 302-deathglider fights

I apoligise if anyone else already came to this conclusion and posted it I have yet to read it if anyone did
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper
    I know there is already a thread for this subject but since that has quite a few pages I thought that I shoud just post it here so everyone can see it
    The answer is........
    The prometheus was built to operate with a gould hyperdrive thats what the wing things were for......when the prometheus was refitted with an asgard drive they became useless so they turned them into hanger bays for 302's. Also judging from the few screencaps of ethon I have they kept the hanger bay under the bridge also making the 303 quite useful for 302-deathglider fights

I apoligise if anyone else already came to this conclusion and posted it I have yet to read it if anyone did
    I posted something similar in the original thread but I think most people probably would`ve come to that conclusion by now.

Could a mod merge these threads as I don`t think there's much need for two?
    Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
    Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper
      The answer is........

It was not built to operate on a goauld hyperdrive. After Avenger, they lifted the hyperdrive out of the alkesh and put it in prommy, thats why it had to make a pit stop every 50 ly in grace. That hyperdrive was then replaced by an asgard designed hyperdrive.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Ok lets just get all the details in one post shall we?

Prometheus was originally equipped with Earth built hyperdrive powered by Naquadria. They lost this in Memento when it went boom. This required equipment in the outriggers.
        Between Memento and Grace they installed an Alkesh hyperdrive and used it to make short jumps all the way to Earth. This also required equipment in the outriggers.
        In Disclosure the Prometheus was equipped with an Asgard hyperdrive. The theory is that this negated the need for the outriggers and they were therefore converted into fighter bays, bumping the former main fighter bays down to secondary status (if they were still primary, we would`ve seen fighters launching from them in Ethon.)

Reason for hyperdrive outrigger glow: TPTB couldn`t justify spending a load of money redoing these sequences for one ep when it was a minor detail and the vast majority of SG fans probably couldn`t give a hoot. Only canon explanation is glowing of fighter bay shields. I think we`re just going to have to stick with that.

Is that everything?

Comment

A slightly easier way to answer this topic, without meaning to sound rude is

Who cares? It doesn't exist anymore
          Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
          MSN: [email protected]
          feel free to add me on either

Comment

actually the promethius wasnt refitted with the asgard drives until avalon when Major carter was runnign rsimulations on the ship regarding the new asgard drives. in disclosure they fitted shields and weapons.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
              actually the promethius wasnt refitted with the asgard drives until avalon when Major carter was runnign rsimulations on the ship regarding the new asgard drives. in disclosure they fitted shields and weapons.
              Not true...it had to be sometime before "Prometheus Unbound" as
              Spoiler:
              they were gonna use it to get to Atlantis.
              Rocky

Comment

hmm your right, when did that get there then...it definitly wasnt in disclosure i know that episode inside out...
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                11000! green me

Comment

hmm your right, when did that get there then...it definitly wasnt in disclosure i know that episode inside out...
                  Likewise.

Originally posted by stuey1221
                  A slightly easier way to answer this topic, without meaning to sound rude is

Who cares? It doesn't exist anymore
                  I am starting to feel the same way about this topic. It is whatever TPTB say it is. So that means its a fighter bay.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                    Likewise.

I am starting to feel the same way about this topic. It is whatever TPTB say it is. So that means its a fighter bay.
                    yeah
                    sigpic
                    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Regarding the Asgard hyperdrive:

Covenant
                      Spoiler:
                      Before O'Neill and Thor beamed to see the President, Jacked asked for a hyperdrive to the Prometheus as a gift to the President. Thor said that would have to be discussed with the High council

Then in 'Prometheus Unbound'
                      Spoiler:
                      It was revealed the Asgard gave the Prometheus the hyperdrive since they were on their way to the Pegasus.

Comment

Also, DONT SPEAK OF THE PROMETHIUS's NAME IN VAIN, just because tis dead and i needed my sig for other things deosnt mean its noth worth disscussing, the movie ended in 1994 and they are still going over plot holes, the prommie is gone 2 months and its forgotten. Shame on you Stuey1221, shame on you!
                        Last edited by immhotep; 14 April 2006, 03:09 PM.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

Also, DONT SPEAK OF THE PROMETHIUS's NAME IN VEIN, just because tis dead and i needed my sig for other things deosnt mean its noth worth disscussing, the movie ended in 1994 and they are still going over plot holes, the prommie is gone 2 months and its forgotten. Shame on you Stuey1221, shame on you!
                          Who's said i'd forgotten it? How could anyone forget a ship that good!!! I still remeber prometheus ubnbound like i watched it yesterday! when we see it rise! i hadn't heard of it until then, thus it was a really big surprise for me!

I was meerly saying that the argument about the hangar bay is pointless due to the fact the hangar bay on the prometheus doesn't exist anymore.

Just for clarification, its "Speak in Vain" not "Vein"
                          Mrs Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Stuey1221
                            Who's said i'd forgotten it? How could anyone forget a ship that good!!! I still remeber prometheus ubnbound like i watched it yesterday! when we see it rise! i hadn't heard of it until then, thus it was a really big surprise for me!

I was meerly saying that the argument about the hangar bay is pointless due to the fact the hangar bay on the prometheus doesn't exist anymore.

Just for clarification, its "Speak in Vain" not "Vein"
                            Yes the Prometheus is gone and there will never be another ship of her class but its just one of those niggling errors that obsessive sci-fi fans (I count myself in that number) feel the need to find some sort of plausible explanation to.
                            Its the curiosity of the unknown. You don`t stop wondering why something is/isn`t just because it is no longer relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k5
                              Yes the Prometheus is gone and there will never be another ship of her class but its just one of those niggling errors that obsessive sci-fi fans (I count myself in that number) feel the need to find some sort of plausible explanation to.
                              Its the curiosity of the unknown. You don`t stop wondering why something is/isn`t just because it is no longer relevant.
                              Yeah im an obsessive sci-fi fan, as my other half likes to tell me im a super geek

Im proud of it, Im a gater until the end!!!

Maybe one day they'll make a new prmetheus class ship, or a ship using the same design.. but better.
                              Mrs Tapping

Comment

Working...
                              X