Rose/Doctor Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rose/Doctor Ship Discussion Thread

*This thread is for positive, and in-depth analysis of the Rose/Doctor relationship.*

I didn't notice a thread for this topic which really surprised me! I greatly enjoy the interaction between the ninth (and tenth from the clips I've seen) Doctors with Rose. I've witnessed quite a bit of Who in my day, but I've never seen the Doctor have a relationship quite like the one he has with Rose. They have some real romantic tension between them.

I would like to see the two end up together, anyone else agree?

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

I have only seen Rose this first season she is on and I have to say I quite enjoy her and the Dr and the banter they seem to have

I am not sure yet just how much *ship* I would want to see but I do like a bit of banter and UST in most hour long drama shows if done well

So I am pretty positive about it as well and I like how the Dr isn't afraid to tellher that he does care about her well being and lets it hang just a bit so you wonder if thats all he means
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

and dump ricky... i mean mickey.... damn watchin way too much of the eps already.. i ,like the match.. but what doc do ya want rose with.. 9 or 10??!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        I have only seen Rose this first season she is on and I have to say I quite enjoy her and the Dr and the banter they seem to have

I am not sure yet just how much *ship* I would want to see but I do like a bit of banter and UST in most hour long drama shows if done well

So I am pretty positive about it as well and I like how the Dr isn't afraid to tellher that he does care about her well being and lets it hang just a bit so you wonder if thats all he means
        Good points. I noticed how much the Doctor emphasizes his fear for her life. In last week's ep:
        Spoiler:
        He noted that going through with his cruise missle plan might kill Rose. He said something along the lines, "We would win, but I might lose you" and the camera lingered on his expression for a while. Those moments really strengthen their relationship.

I rarely ship so quickly. There's just something about their dynamic that is very appealing--especially their trust and dependence upon one another after knowing each opther for only a brief time. Not to mention how fun the 'boyfriend' jokes are.

Originally posted by CKO
        i ,like the match.. but what doc do ya want rose with.. 9 or 10??!
        Right now I want to see her with Nine, but I can easily see her developing a relationship with Ten (since they are the same person). The question creates a unique dramatic situation. I have only seen Rose and Ten together in the Prologue cliip for the "Christmas Invasion". A lot could be done with the "same person, but not really" theme.

Later,
        Royal
        Last edited by Royal_Nonesuch; 11 April 2006, 02:33 PM.

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

By the end of the first episode, I was in love with the (9th) Doctor and Rose together. They're so very adorable! (Poor Mickey! lol) I've seen the entire first series, and was heartbroken to see actors change, but can understand why. It's not quite the same with the 10th (at least from what I saw in the Christmas Invasion), but I hold out hope!

And there are BBC books of episodic stories with the 9th and Rose, so I'll still get my fix. =)

Christina
          Two geeks...two mics...no clue! www.podculture.net

Comment

Originally posted by BurkleBrowncoat
            By the end of the first episode, I was in love with the (9th) Doctor and Rose together. They're so very adorable! (Poor Mickey! lol) I've seen the entire first series, and was heartbroken to see actors change, but can understand why. It's not quite the same with the 10th (at least from what I saw in the Christmas Invasion), but I hold out hope!

And there are BBC books of episodic stories with the 9th and Rose, so I'll still get my fix. =)

Christina
            The change is pretty heartbreaking for Rose--I think that was pretty clear in that prologue to the "Christmas Invasion". When Ten said,
            Spoiler:
            "Do you want me to change back?" She replied, "Can you?", He quickyl answered, "No".

The whole scene was very touching. I'm really interested to see how the writers will handle Rose's feelings towards the new doctor--could be very interesting.

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch

The whole scene was very touching. I'm really interested to see how the writers will handle Rose's feelings towards the new doctor--could be very interesting.

Royal
              Well I seen a still slot from "New Earth", the first episode of the new season and it has:

Spoiler:
              Her kissing the 10 Doctor
              "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

Rose: "She slapped you!"
              The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."
              Rose: "Your face!"
              The Doctor:"it hurt!!"
              The 9th Doctor/Rose from Aliens of London.

Comment

Originally posted by northstar_08030
                Well I seen a still slot from "New Earth", the first episode of the new season and it has:

Spoiler:
                Her kissing the 10 Doctor
                Thanks for the info northstar--I'll have to go check that out!

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Good points. I noticed how much the Doctor emphasizes his fear for her life. In last week's ep:
                  Spoiler:
                  He noted that going through with his cruise missle plan might kill Rose. He said something along the lines, "We would win, but I might lose you" and the camera lingered on his expression for a while. Those moments really strengthen their relationship.
                  Totally noticed that one of the moments that reeled me just a little bit more LOL I think that the fact that the Dr is so un assuming of things and lets her decide her own fate helps me like them together

I rarely ship so quickly. There's just something about their dynamic that is very appealing--especially their trust and dependence upon one another after knowing each opther for only a brief time. Not to mention how fun the 'boyfriend' jokes are.

Right now I want to see her with Nine, but I can easily see her developing a relationship with Ten (since they are the same person). The question creates a unique dramatic situation. I have only seen Rose and Ten together in the Prologue cliip for the "Christmas Invasion". A lot could be done with the "same person, but not really" theme.

Later,
                  Royal
                  I haven't seen anything regarding the 10th Dr so I know nothing and I am trying to remain spoiler free for each episode right now so its just fun watching it all unfold
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Since I do know that the actors change that will be sort of weird to see... and I do find that it kind of *evens out* my whole *shippy* thing with the Dr and ROse. I don't want to get to attached to THESE two only to have teh guy change .... I think that is a little hard on the audience as well even if you are used to the Dr being someone new quite often

Comment

and knowin' my luck i'll end up shippin rose with 9 and 10... already semi shippin her with 9 (and have found some great fics out there) and have read fics for her and 10 too... damn i cnat decide... but its better her and hte doc then her and mickey... damn almost wrote ricky.. yea okay.
                      sigpic

Comment

Here is the link to the picture that I was talking about:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4...iss416_bbc.jpg

Spoiler warning for the pic
                        Last edited by Skydiver; 13 April 2006, 04:03 AM.
                        "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."

Comment

Originally posted by northstar_08030
                          Here is the link to the picture that I was talking about:

Thanks for the link--green for that. That pic can only be described as fantastic! I'm looking forward to that ep--all the Britishers here will have to fill us in when it airs in the Realm.

Royal
                          Last edited by Royal_Nonesuch; 12 April 2006, 09:16 PM.

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

You welcome for that.

Comment

oh my that is a very lovely piccy
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X