This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will still watch season 10, 11, etc..

The beautiful thing about stargate is it evolves. Some people are upset that RDA left the show. Sorry but I'm not. He lost interest in Season 6 and it showed through to season 7. Season 8 he was excellent in. I think it gave him new motivation on his character and added more realism. Forgive me for being blunt, but he's getting kind of old. In all reality would you be sending a 56 year old man into hardcore combat situations against Aliens as your point man? I wouldn't but maybe it's just me. Also I think Mitchell is a GREAT character. I Think people would have no problem with him if they had cast him as the lead in Atlantis, (I personally don't like Joe Flannigan he's just somewhat obnoxious to my eyes) but because he's replacing RDA he's having to take alot of Flak. The same situation happened with Jonas. Although I'm pleased DJ is back I think they pushed Jonas out the door too quickly. I really think he should have come back when the Orii originally arrived. The Tauri being the ones that defeated the Goa'uld and Jonas it would only be natural that Jonas would contact them.

Also everyone seems to forget that Jonas originally brought them the Naquadria, and helped save the World from Anubis twice.

P.S.

Anyone else ever wonder what Cargo can fit in a Cargo ship??? Must take alot of trips or alot of ships to build a Hatak.

Harry

i could kiss you.....but ur probs straight and not my type so i wont,

BUT FINALLY

Someone who understands a show has to move on! Its like a child, evolving and growing and changeing. IT needs a new formula.

Its an art form, like writing you have to change it or it gets boring and old, you need new things to bring it to life.

People on here expect the COMPLETE same as Seasons 1 - 4 but if it was, still episodes like emancipation and Broco Divide they'd complain it isnt going anywhere and just reusing old episodes.
    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

I disagree Blitz, people dont mind change and dont want the same as S1-4, but this newer change has been forced onto people, with little thought given for development of the storyline. I am not the biggest fan of Cam or the Ori, I used to be and until I re-watched the opener the other day I couldnt remember why, but having seen that I can see the massive potential of both. I too was bored with Jack by S8's end, and Cam was a breath of fresh air, the same goes for the Goa'uld and ther Ori. But here is my issue, Cam, in the first episodes was awesome, but he has been rushed and has developed badly IMO, the Ori are the exact same. Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and Jack wheren't great in S1 or 2, nore where the Goa'uld (Apophis seemed wooden at first) but they where given time to work themselves out over the years, but the writers have tried to get years worth of development for the Ori and Cam in a tiny space of time and IMO it has ruined the huge potential that was Post S8 SG1.
      As for you Harry, you got green from me, great post.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
        As for you Harry, you got green from me, great post.
        Thanks! I can use all the green I can get with all this red I've been getting for my Atlantis Season 3 thread "Kill Shepherd bring back Ford" post

Comment

I didn't like Mitchell at the beginning of Season 9, because everything he said was "Will you rejoin SG-1?" "Come and rejoin SG-1" "The band's back together". Seriously, those lines were just annoying.

And I like Joe Flanigans character, Sheppard. He's got comedic value which he brings to the show, and he's a good character, gets on well with the others, has some intelligence to him, I think he's a good leader, and he seems to adapt to situations well.

Comment

I'll still be watchin season 12

I'd forgotten that Jonas helped save us from Anumbis twice... apart from the time when he helped them realise they could take the gate into space etc...

Great post though, more green from me!!!!
            Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
            MSN: [email protected]
            feel free to add me on either

Comment

Im gonna sit through season 10, and beyond, in the desperate hope that there will be something worth watching in there, it would be a dream come true if they could bring the show back from the edge that it is dangerously close to going over. *crosses fingers*
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Harry the Hippo Gutterman
                The beautiful thing about stargate is it evolves. Some people are upset that RDA left the show. Sorry but I'm not. He lost interest in Season 6 and it showed through to season 7. Season 8 he was excellent in. I think it gave him new motivation on his character and added more realism. Forgive me for being blunt, but he's getting kind of old. In all reality would you be sending a 56 year old man into hardcore combat situations against Aliens as your point man? I wouldn't but maybe it's just me. Also I think Mitchell is a GREAT character. I Think people would have no problem with him if they had cast him as the lead in Atlantis, (I personally don't like Joe Flannigan he's just somewhat obnoxious to my eyes) but because he's replacing RDA he's having to take alot of Flak. The same situation happened with Jonas. Although I'm pleased DJ is back I think they pushed Jonas out the door too quickly. I really think he should have come back when the Orii originally arrived. The Tauri being the ones that defeated the Goa'uld and Jonas it would only be natural that Jonas would contact them.

Also everyone seems to forget that Jonas originally brought them the Naquadria, and helped save the World from Anubis twice.

P.S.

Anyone else ever wonder what Cargo can fit in a Cargo ship??? Must take alot of trips or alot of ships to build a Hatak.

You're my new friend.

I may not agree with everything you said (I thought Jonas had his time...move on and I like Joe!!)

But what you said about the show evolving is EXACTLY what I like. I hate when a show remains stale and never changes. CHANGE makes the story great.

I LOVE the Jaffa arc...the changing cast. It's because of change that we have so many dynamic story arcs now...more than in ANY season past.
                It feels good to be alive.
                Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

wil not care

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                    wil not care
                    Great, thanks for the input.

As for me. I will be watching both Atlantis and SG-1 till they end. I like all the characters, but what keeps me comming back is the Storys. They have gotten better and better since the show begin (excluding the odd exception. Icon, Affinity, The scourge, anyone?)

I like the Ori far more than the Goa'uld. In the end i felt the only reason the Goa'uld kept getting more and more advanced is because it was too easy to blow up the old ones. I know that sounds obvious, but i dunno, i just felt the writings couldn't really come up with plausible ways for such a speedy advancement. (i don't buy the whole half ascended junk) It's hard to explain.

Quite frankly if the dropped the entire cast and started again fresh, i would still happily watch.
                    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

I disagree. Change isn't inherently good or bad, it depends on the writing. Some shows like Alias have handled this kind of thing pretty good, and we will see hoe Galactica will fare in October. I stopped watching S9 mid way. I was just too bored by the coma-inducing Priors. The Oreos are a horrorible villain, who are very boring. The Goa'uld had something called personality that the Priors don't have any of. Unfortunately the quality of the show has gone down since S7, and continued to decline. The show is now a shadow of it's former self. Sad for me since I watched the show form the very first time it aired on Show-Time!

Comment

Hmm...well if the same old tired lot behind the camera are still there, then probably not.
                        If season nine saw a change in cast then a change in writers/directors should next be inline for the show to survive. The current lot behind the camera ran out of creative puff seasons ago.
                        Hell, I'd prefer the show just got canned and Skiffy tap Browder and Black on the shoulder and say..now while your here, why don't we revisit......

Comment

I will still watch season 10.....everybody is too quick to judge these new arcs...one season is NOTHING, usually in sci-fi a good long story arc takes 4 or 5 years minimum to develop, and i cant wait till the Ori story gets developed that much I think that Stargate SG-1, starting with season 8 has kinda sunken into a long-running (like ER or Law and Order) show, it is now taking chances that it wouldnt have back in season 7 because they thought the show would end soon.

Of course, this comment is not negative (it might sound that way though) but SG-1 has gone on cruise control with stories, it might very well have 12 or 13 seasons....which means writers have been coming up with deeper and more awesome arcs. Only starting in season 7 (basically) we have seen story arcs throughout the season....and every year the writers get more experience from this and thus the story arcs every year become moe crafted. In season 7, the search for the Lost City....mentioned in what.......5 episodes? In season 8, you saw the slow progression of Jack into the generals role, Sam/Pete, and the downfall of the gouald. In season 9, almost every episode has played into another, the slow foothold of the Ori on the galaxy, and recurring characters like gerak

Comment

Hell yes.

Comment

I seem to be in the vast minority that actually likes the direction the Ori storyline is going. Sure, like everyone else, the Priors in the first half bored me to sleep with the "bow or be plagued" pattern. The second half had more direct action taken by the Ori and Priors being original for once. Camelot only left me wanting to see more SG-1, moreso than S7 or S8 did at their respective ends. I still maintain that S9 was better than the horrible pattern of Kirking and stupid decisions that Atlantis has been suffering from this past year.

Comment

Working...
                              X