No announcement yet.

Fragile Balance (703)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such a fun episode. Michael Welch does an awesome job with being the younger version of old O'Neill. He's just brilliant.

Loki - completely forgot about him and his experiments. He's trying to help but lost his morals somewhere along the way.

I cringed a little when Thor beamed in, the CG puppet's still a little off. While Heimdall looked so much better... I don't get it. There's also the thing that the difference between CG-Thor and puppet-Thor is just too great not to notice it. At least for me that is.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Great episode. Michael nailed O'Neill's mannerisms and body language really well
      Currently Watching: Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis
      Planning to watch: Dark Angel, Star Trek Enterprise and many more

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Such a fun episode. Michael Welch does an awesome job with being the younger version of old O'Neill. He's just brilliant.

Loki - completely forgot about him and his experiments. He's trying to help but lost his morals somewhere along the way.

I cringed a little when Thor beamed in, the CG puppet's still a little off. While Heimdall looked so much better... I don't get it. There's also the thing that the difference between CG-Thor and puppet-Thor is just too great not to notice it. At least for me that is.
        I have nostalgia for puppet-Thor. Maybe because of the way Sam and Jack actually interact with him physically. *warm fuzzies*
        sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

While Heimdall looked so much better... I don't get it. There's also the thing that the difference between CG-Thor and puppet-Thor is just too great not to notice it. At least for me that is.
          Heimdall looked better because he was action captured rather than just CGI. But that was too expensive. I think one of the things that makes CG-Thor so noticeable is the way he is intercut with puppet Thor. They used the puppet when he could sit or lie and the CGI when he had to walk.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Hi! I'm nebwie here.

It is a very good episode! I want to ask if anybody knows about the song appears in the final of this episode, who is the group or artist and the title of this song!

Thanks!

Comment

Hi!

It's "Who am I" (by Lily Frost) :

The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Hi!

It's "Who am I" (by Lily Frost) :

Hi! Thanks so much for sharing! It is a beautiful song!

Comment

A very good episode and the the kid did a fantastic job of impersonating Anderson - to the point where he just as annoying as O'Neill as RDA is.

While the ending is funny, it very rushed ... and creepy because "young" Jack is really a 50 year old man going back to school with teenagers. I think they should have gone with the sad option of letting the clone die.

All the Asgard to date have been portrayed as calm and logical, but it was fun to see Thor angry.

And at around 32 minutes (when SG-1 teleports to the ship), does Jackson call Loki an "ASSgard"?

Comment

Actually, I think the CG Thor was great and it looked to me like Loki was a the puppet this time and his movements were very jerky. Also, the voice was a little out of sync.

** especially when he was asking Jack if he was sure that he wanted the clone to live - it was done so well that I never thought to consider whether it was puppet or CG.

Comment

Originally posted by I Am Not James Spader View Post

And at around 32 minutes (when SG-1 teleports to the ship), does Jackson call Loki an "ASSgard"?

I thought and think the same - well pronounced I' say.

Would have been hard for watching teens to see their O'Neill die - IMO. That would have been cruel and Thor's people DO have the means to fix him, it's humane.
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                        I thought and think the same - well pronounced I' say.

Would have been hard for watching teens to see their O'Neill die - IMO. That would have been cruel and Thor's people DO have the means to fix him, it's humane.
                        I don't see why teenagers would have a hard time with it.

And happy endings don't always happen and the Asgard only had the means because a happy ending was desired. Thor's dialogue could just as easily have been "we can't this this".

A sad ending to a mainly funny episode would have been unexpected.

Comment

Would have been cruel because young O'Neill was one of them and they could have asked why the Asgard helped the main characters but not the minor ones. Letting the boy survive is an act of humanity - at least IMHO.
                          CARPE DIEM
                          ANJA

Comment

Would have been cruel because young O'Neill was one of them and they could have asked why the Asgard helped the main characters but not the minor ones. Letting the boy survive is an act of humanity - at least IMHO.
                            Actually, it is an act of Asgard-ity.

You misunderstand though. I'm not saying that the Asgard should not help, I'm saying the Asgard not be able to help.

I think a sad ending to an otherwise humorous episode would have been a nice twist. At the very least, a second young Jack should have consequences, but it is all tied up in a neat creepy bow.

A fifty year man running about in high school.

Comment

Could be fun!!!!
                              I think nice twists are in other eps .
                              I don't understand 'Asgard not be able to help'. Explain???
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

Could be fun!!!!
                                I think nice twists are in other eps .
                                I don't understand 'Asgard not be able to help'. Explain???
                                The Jack clone was created to live for only a short time. Loki said (I think) that there was nothing that could be done for him.

A few minutes later, Thor said the opposite.

The Asgard not being able to help would simply be that the writers instead end the story with Thor telling SG-1 that Loki is correct and that the Asgard don't have the technology to undo the damage to the young clone.

The two Jacks then go fishing, or some such. O'Neill finally has a fishing companion that doesn't feel like he is being tortured. A sad ending, but not too sombre.

Comment

Working...
                                X