This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Way to Catch Up on All SG-1 Eps

So I use to watch this series ages ago, and then it vanished from the channels I get so I though it was canceled. Fast forward to now and I found out the series is still on and I'm way behind.

So I looked on Ebay to find box sets, and if this auction is any indication of price: http://cgi.ebay.com/Stargate-SG1-SG-...QQcmdZViewItem it is the best option.

BlockBuster is like $5 per DVD and there are 40 DVDs so that seems too expensive since its not like I'll own them like if I purchased from Ebay.

So anyone got any other suggestions or should I just grab the series off Ebay? Right now I'm leaning toward Ebay since then I'll own the DVDs too

Well, with what the bid is at currently, including shipping, you're looking at about $23 per season. I'd say that's a hell of a deal.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

sure is
      sigpic
      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Hopefully the bidding doesn't go too much higher for you.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

yeah
          sigpic
          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Doh, you're a couple of months too late.. but there was a sale earlier this year where the sets were around $30 - $40 with B1G1 free.. making it around $15 - $20 a set! For all 8 seasons. Still, with that eBay set, you're still way ahead than a lot of other people (like me who purchased them at around $30 each )

Comment

That B1G1 sale was just a few weeks ago in my area. It was great except that I had just bought season 1 two days before the sale so I was off one set. Had my parents get it for me though when they took me to the mall.

Comment

I'd buy all the box sets if I were you, then you can watch em over and over again. Oh and it looks like that seller has another set for sale, so if you didn't win, now is ur chance again. Link if your too lazy to look it up urself: http://cgi.ebay.com/Stargate-SG1-SG-...QQcmdZViewItem Going cheap too!

Comment

Thats damn cheap! In New Zealand a box set retails for $133 and second hand they can be purchased for about $80-$100.
                  An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Besides, if you own the DVDs, you can watch any episode you want to anytime you want to. Be it 4am, or 2pm. Now that's freedom.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

why buy from ebay? why not from local store?

I never the understood the prepose of ebay any way.

Comment

I dont know if your form U.S. But, The CD/DVD store in our mall had a buy one box set get one free going just last Week. And this was after Best Buy stopped its buy 1 get 1. I can't remember the name since we have alot but it would be worth looking around on the net for. It came out to about 20$ an episoe and you didn't have to worry about getting reemed on eBay.

"edit" It was a stargate Only buy 1 get 1 deal BTW. Didn't include Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by JSG1Rules
                          Link if your too lazy to look it up urself: http://cgi.ebay.com/Stargate-SG1-SG-...QQcmdZViewItem Going cheap too!
                          Thanks for the link, I am too lazy to go look it up myself

Originally posted by Thors Love Child
                          you didn't have to worry about getting reemed on eBay.
                          The auction looks legit, and if you check the sellers feedback they have sold a set before and the buyer was happy with it. So I'm not worried.

Comment

Working...
                          X