This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

200th Episode Boycott.

Most of us have read by now the idea for the 200th episode. The revisit to the Wormhole Xtreame storyline. I for one am disapointed and angry that the producers and writers would propose such a thing and sugest that we as the fans of the show boycott the episode or petition them to do something else.

Wormhole Xtream was one of the worst episode in that it wasn't stargate in the slightest. It was an episode that will live forever as one fo the worst of all time due to its total uselessness and annoying story.

Join fans everywhere in stopping this second travesty against the Stargate Franchise.

I wholeheartidly pledge myself to this cause.
    THe 200th episode should be the most special episode there can be, with brillaint and unique storyline involving this that a new and fresh to celebrate ironically the longevity of the francise.
    Wormhole extreame is an episode that has an entire new spectrum of HATE devoted to it, its only landmark being the plummeeting depths at which it can dissapoint someone. Create 200th episode from the same plot is insulting, im never going to watch it, and S10 has been turned from the msot awaited season since atlantis aired to the real possibility of being the only season i dont watch.
    Find something else, powers that be, Find some other storyline to go with the new way of writing you've propposed...please do this is or you may lose more people along the way to the historic moment of SG longevity that we've all been looking towards for so long.

Heed the warning, Immhotep
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

The epsisode is written, I think it is going to be filmed in the coming weeks. A petition will get you no where.

If you don't like the idea of the episode, just don't watch it. Personally I loved it and am very much looking forward to seeing it revisited.
      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

How about amazing entirely original storyline in keeping with the mythology of the show as opposed to rehashing a CRAPPY story, that had no right to bare the name "Stargate" I AM WITH YOU ESQUIN. I will find myself a grassy knoll in Vancouver if they torture me with this!!

Comment

OK i understand wormhole extreme was funny, but we were kinda teased and promised the Furlings in the 200th and now we are getting this. even if we do get the furlings, it would be a comic and not serious episode.

the writers are becoming disenfrachised from what the fan base wants

Comment

Originally posted by PC 420
            the writers are becoming disenfrachised from what the fan base wants
            This is a problem. This website and others are not an accurate measurement of what the fan base wants, so this sweeping remark is really just that, a sweeping remark.

And to be honest, I don't remember any of TPTB saying we were getting furlings at all... so yeah.
            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

erm actually this website being the formost SG fansite on the net, and in contact quite alot with the TPTB could be counted as a VERY accurate microcosm of the fanbase.
              And if you read S10 spoilers the Furlings are mentioned in at least 5 of them, so if we dont get them this year in serious and repectable way, then the francise is becoming a joke, a joke it playing on itself!
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              11000! green me

Comment

JM used the term "Furling" a lot for the 200th if you followed his Q/A thread. Like I have stating in previous threads, the people who want a type of Wormwhole Extreme are far and few between. For every person whom liked it, I can find 3 that hate it. For those of you who watch Smallville, they did a wonderful job with their 100 ep. That was my hopes for the SG1 200th. Now it looks like just another pointless episode. Then again...For all we know, this could just be a rumor which I really hope it is.

Comment

Actually, it is only representative of some of the fanbase. I can tell you many people in the fandom who do not come to Gateworld because they just don't like it here.

There is a whole fanbase past GW and past the internet that has an opinion. And hell, even the opinions of the seasons here are pretty much even across the board. Just because one group screams loudest doesn't make their voice the only one.

Simply put, this is not a accurate and complete representation of the fanbase, and to pretend it is such is pointless.

And if the furlings were meantioned I am suprised, because I remember that TPTB wished they had never mentioned them. Incidently, they still might be introduced in the episode - and we hahve no guarentee the entire episode is going to be a comedy.

Incidently I kind of understand why people didn't like wormhole extreme and aren't looking forward to it being revisited. But I say, spoilers aren't the episode. Wait and see, sometimes things are better in 3D then they are on paper. And hell, Jack is returning for his first of many epsidoes.
                  Last edited by Deevil; 03 April 2006, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Seriously Dont use jack returning as a good point for the 200th! it isnt it a massive flaw! and by massive im talking black hole and by flaw im tlaking a rip is the space time continuem thats making the galaxy's time flow in reverse!
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

Deevil I truely hope your right and that the episode will be different from the spoilers. But I will wait to read the reviews before watching it, and if its even close to wormhole Xtreame then it will become the only Stargate episode I enver watch.

Thank you to all those who have joined the cause, spread the word, make TPTB realise their mistake and ensure its never repeated. The future 100th episode of Atlantis is at stake

Comment

immotep, I didn't say Jack returning was the only reason to turn in - but it is a reason for some. You don't like it, that's fine too.

I actually didn't come in here to debate on the principles of fan bases and such - just to say protesting would be pointless now, sine the episode is already slated and they wont re-write it based on a few fans. That's all.

Comment

A rewrite is no longer the objective, the objective is to protect the 100th episode of Atlantis.

Comment

Well, that is also something I don't quite get. But then again, I wont tell the writers what to do.

But I understand where you are coming from.

Comment

I had a stunning episode where they linked both episodes and created a brilliant crossover piece to celebrate the two episodes(the 200th and the 50th), but it will never happen or i hope they dont decide to go film WX on atlantis, they do that and Stargate, all of it has gone down the pooper! -
                              oh yes we have the 50th episode coming up aroud the same time as the new enemy, the asurians are intro'ed...if a new atlantis enemy, in an alteran city chip heading to atlntis isnt cool enough to be a landmark episodes i dont know what is...i think SgA i becoming much better than SG1, and i never thought id say that.
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X