X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Stardrive

is an FTL drive. according to Mckay in Critical Mass

{Mod Snip}.

On an ontopic note: Yes, apparently the Stardrive will acheive faster than light travel, if it were not, it wouldn't have been very efficient to build it into Atlantis at all, it would have taken them likely thousands of years to reach the Pegasus galaxy. I would assume it is a hyperdrive, as that is the most common type of faster than light travel used in Stargate, all though it would be interesting if it were something different.

Thanks to whichever mod took care of this.
    Last edited by _Owen_; 02 April 2006, 05:06 AM. Reason: personal dispute

Comment

nope the wuss said it's a faster than light drive. combined with the hyperdrive it'll be fast durr

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
        nope the wuss said it's a faster than light drive. combined with the hyperdrive it'll be fast durr
        Light Drive sounds faster than Hyperdrive to me, sounds more technical too
        Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
        MSN: [email protected]
        feel free to add me on either

Comment

The Stardrive is a collective term for the systems on Atlantis that give it it's space traveling abilitity. These include the sublight and hyperspace engines.

I thought this was a fairly obvious fact personally.

Comment

Asgard have pretty fast drives, im sure the Ancient's would be faster
            Blam Forums - The Internet Has Landed

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin
              The Stardrive is a collective term for the systems on Atlantis that give it it's space traveling abilitity. These include the sublight and hyperspace engines.

I thought this was a fairly obvious fact personally.
              Sorry for being dumb haha

So, seriously.. does that make the Lightdrive faster than the hyperdrives then?
              Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
              MSN: [email protected]
              feel free to add me on either

Comment

please look at the similar threads bit
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

First of all, thank you immhotep for the wonderfully polite reply. @ NakedJehutyV2, the hyperdrive is a faster than light drive, I like to consider it a relative faster than light drive but it still takes you faster than the speed of light, sort of. @ Esquin, you are probably right, they probably do consider the Stardrive to be the sublight and faster than light engines, but it's possible they do have separte drives to do the sublight and faster than light travel.

I find it likely that the Stardrive is a hyperdrive, a very large hyperdrive, but still a hyperdrive none the less. IT is possible it is something else, but if it were it would likely have to be soemthing so large that it couldn't viably fit into a regular ship, otherwise they would have put it in their ships, if it were better than a hyperdrive.

Comment

I have to disagree, i think the stardrive is a hybrid engine system, we know the hyperdrive engine can be simply a window generator and that you still need sublight drives to proppell you through the window, see "grace" .
                    So my theory is that the stardrive is simply a sublight engine that can open and sustain its own hyperspace windows; so the sublight is a hyperdrive engine in the sense that the sublight itself creates the hyperspace window, instead of another drive altogether.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

IIRC, there is an entry about the stardrive in gatworld omnipedia.

Best Stargate quote:
                      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

yeah i love people arguing over canon. mckay already said it's an FTL drive. nothing else beside that LMAO.

Comment

FTL and Hyperdrives in theory must be the same. FTL is impossible without using the hyperspace theory they already use in Stargate.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                          Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                          the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                          Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                          The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

I am with Esquin on this one, I think the Stardrive is really just a collective term for all of the systems that are involved with flying the city ( inertial dampeners, artificial gravity, sublight and hyperspace engine, and shields)

I do think it is funny though that on all of the episodes, they never actually look at (or even talk about, other than to say that they are there) the engines in the city, I realize that they are busy, but there are a lot of scientists on that city that you would think would go right to them (Mckay for example)

Comment

Its funny how I dont think the 3 ZPMs would have enough power to transport Atlantis from Earth to the planet it currently resides on. Did they have to stop to change the ZPM's? Everytime they've gone near the Stardrive it nearly overloads the one ZPM we have just from preparing the engines!

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                              Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                              the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                              Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                              The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Working...
                              X