This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground battle

Should there be a massive ground battle in SG-1 instead of a massive fleet? I mean stargate pior to season 6 was mostly focused on ground, not space. We have already seen a massive fleet actions in reckoning and that rocks. How about seeing a ground battle involving ten of thousands of SGC units, free jaffa vs the ori crusaders? Kinda of the battle of genosis on star wars eps 2...

For the issue of extras, we can simply make use of CGI like what happen in star wars or LOTR.

basically, it's really not that hard to use the CGI money instead of fleet battle and focused on using massive CGI armies. The SGC unit can easily be at the least a company strenght given that we did see a rather large group of ground force deployed on the seige of atlantis.

The ground battle on dakara can be seen, given how weird I felt when a while ago, they are fighting in space and the next scene, we see the free jaffa capturing jaffas loyal to Baal. It seems so sudden and unexplained.

TPTB should at the least give us a short sky view of a massive ground battle. We've seen several epsiode of thousands of jaffa being deployed for a ground attack...like the epsiode on kheb and when the Tok'ra base was revealed. If such a scene can be generated with a lesser budget per epsiode compared to now, it really isn't that hard to give us a sky view ground battle, then using the actors fighting using blue screen.

I know that would be so cool!

However i think the ori could easily beat the jaffa because:

As was said on another post can't remember where the ori's "guns" are way more accurate that the staff weapons. + the priors will uses their superpower to kill hundreds of jaffa at a time.

But a large scale conflict would still be amazing!
    GODS LAST MESSAGE TO HIS CREATION IS...
    Spoiler:
    WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

THE ANSWER TO LIFE THE THE UNIVERSE ANDEVERYTHING IS
    Spoiler:

Comment

They actually did try that in a way back in Stronghold or whatever the episode was where Baal was kidnapping people and SG-1 staged an assault on the world. Not a raid or scouting thing but an assault. That would be cool if it happened a few times. After all this is an invasion of the galaxy and invasions always require ground battles in some way or form.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

The BEST ground battle ever was the ground battle in season 7: HEROS, when Dr.Frasier died.

That was the best, well planned out scene I have ever seen.
        Subspace Energy Technology Thread
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

That would be an excellent thing for SG, but the SGC doesnt have that kind of personel , now what they could do is have the jaffa battle on the ground (nobody cares if they die ) and SG1 and Co. on board the ships trying to destroy them from the inside
          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

They should make a secret branch of the Miltary, like the SGC but much more larger, ESM, Extra Solar Marines.

Comment

I would love to see a ground battle, I think that they are more impressive then the computer generated space battles.
              Though if SGC troops go into battle against the Crusaders, I hope they are wearing Kull Warrior gear to neutralize the energy weapon's staff blasts.

Though if the Orii were smart, they wouldn't even have to bother with ground battles. Just create a gas weapon that will evaporate after a few moments but will kill everyone on the planet. Though didn't we already do that?

Can anyone think of reasons why they would want to have ground battles? Besides reaffirming their people's loyalty to them?

Comment

Originally posted by ray245
                Should there be a massive ground battle in SG-1 instead of a massive fleet? I mean stargate pior to season 6 was mostly focused on ground, not space. We have already seen a massive fleet actions in reckoning and that rocks. How about seeing a ground battle involving ten of thousands of SGC units, free jaffa vs the ori crusaders? Kinda of the battle of genosis on star wars eps 2...

For the issue of extras, we can simply make use of CGI like what happen in star wars or LOTR.

basically, it's really not that hard to use the CGI money instead of fleet battle and focused on using massive CGI armies. The SGC unit can easily be at the least a company strenght given that we did see a rather large group of ground force deployed on the seige of atlantis.

The ground battle on dakara can be seen, given how weird I felt when a while ago, they are fighting in space and the next scene, we see the free jaffa capturing jaffas loyal to Baal. It seems so sudden and unexplained.

TPTB should at the least give us a short sky view of a massive ground battle. We've seen several epsiode of thousands of jaffa being deployed for a ground attack...like the epsiode on kheb and when the Tok'ra base was revealed. If such a scene can be generated with a lesser budget per epsiode compared to now, it really isn't that hard to give us a sky view ground battle, then using the actors fighting using blue screen.

HELL NO

been done for 6-7 years. now time for cg to shine

Comment

I'd like to see a nice mix of both, personally. And now that the Ori warriors have been introduced to the show, I think we will see more ground combat this coming season. But come on, the space battles do rock!
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

assults in the ori ship, it would be done intricately
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

YES

Simple answer, heroes was one of the best episodes for drama,impact and action that weve ever had, i personally loved it. I LOVE, HEART and prostrate over ships and ship battles BUT i would love to see this kind of fight.
                      I have several actual reasons above pure wishing;
                      Its the only type of fight were going to win. Our ground forces have never been matched in firepower or skill, by anyone. Our weapons are for war, and this ori conflict is a war. As vala said, its us against them and both sides are not going to give in, and both side are going to have to get down and dirty
                      ALOT with casulties on both sides in large numbers.
                      If we are going to ever retain this galaxy against the ori we are going to have to start fighting on a much larger scale, the jaffa and asgard are going to have to be the BIG guns, the people who hold the line on the ship front. Our fleet simply doesnt have the numbers or weapons to do the job however our troop are the best in the galaxy, weve spent 9 years fighting these types of battles, agianst staff weilding relgious warriors, with us being the underdog, and were are the special forces of experienced fighters in a war against this kind of soldier! .
                      We are the best fighter in the galaxy, with the best weapons ( for killing) and the best hope for good ground combat wins in this war.

So my proposal, next seasons finale:
                      Celestis comes under attack, a large fleet of asgard ships about 30 oniels come in to orbit, and hundreds of thousands of ori warriors and ships gather on the ground and around the planet to fight them. The asgard plan to use the their own merlin type weapon on the ori, and destroy the sacred heart of origin, but SG1 is in celesis after being captured and "fireported"back to ori galaxy by a prior. On board the ship is a massive tauri force sent to rescue them and destroy a massive prior and ori army that have been trained to destroy earth and retake all 'evil' remains thus ensuring no evil can vanquish the pure. (icluding the otupost, dakara and atlantis), the
                      The asgard beam them down, 2000 SGC personel armed to the teeth and on their way to Celestis, Sg1 also have thier own army, the anti ori under ground have gained support and have challenged the ori directly.

3 armys, ori, tauri, anti-ori...let the battle of Celestis begin and let the fate of all the unbelievers hang in the balance.

Immhotep
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep

So my proposal, next seasons finale:
                        Celestis comes under attack, a large fleet of asgard ships about 30 oniels come in to orbit, and hundreds of thousands of ori warriors and ships gather on the ground and around the planet to fight them. The asgard plan to use the their own merlin type weapon on the ori, and destroy the sacred heart of origin, but SG1 is in celesis after being captured and "fireported"back to ori galaxy by a prior. On board the ship is a massive tauri force sent to rescue them and destroy a massive prior and ori army that have been trained to destroy earth and retake all 'evil' remains thus ensuring no evil can vanquish the pure. (icluding the otupost, dakara and atlantis), the
                        The asgard beam them down, 2000 SGC personel armed to the teeth and on their way to Celestis, Sg1 also have thier own army, the anti ori under ground have gained support and have challenged the ori directly.

3 armys, ori, tauri, anti-ori...let the battle of Celestis begin and let the fate of all the unbelievers hang in the balance.

Immhotep
                        Love the attack on Celestis idea. Cut out the enemy's heart and he shall fall!

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                          Love the attack on Celestis idea. Cut out the enemy's heart and he shall fall!
                          Indeed! That would be something to see.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Ive got some really nice images goign through my head here!
                            Imagine the begining of LOTRs with the three armys of middle earith recreated SG style!
                            Anti-Ori-Underground are the humans, Tauri are the elves and the ori are the orcs! with the asgard being the great eagles and the dragony things(nasgual) being the ori ships! oh and ov course we have to have the doci being saruman/sauron and....daniel? yeah a new half- Ascended daniel( a doci of the good!) being gandalf...wow my heads spinning with images of this great scene! heck theres even a prior in crusade who looks like a slightly less deformed version of the cheif orc who doesnt move when the boulders about to hit him( u know the one!)
                            Wow you could sooo do a SG remake of LOTR's!
                            images!
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

I agree that there should be something where Asgard and Jaffa ships fight the Ori ships while Other Jaffa and SGC personel fight a massive ground battle. That definatly couldn't have happened in S9 since all we had were Priors. But now with the Ori footsoldiars, we should get some pretty sweet battles.

Perfecto!

Comment

Working...
                              X