This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need to bring back the "history" of Stargate

I LOVE Season 9. Let me start off that way.

I can't wait for season 10. But what Stargate needs is an infusion of its old ties. Anyone remember The Torments of Tantelus? Where we first learned of 4 great and ancient alien races that created what was almost like a galaxy-wide UN?

We need to go back to that storyarc, find out more about all those races. Sure, we know some stuff about the Asgard, but other then Carter being on their planet once, we don't know them. The Furlings? The Nox? There are so many aliens out there far older then us that we could learn from and that would flesh out the Stargate universe.

Let's not forget about those!

What about you guys? What story has been 'forgotten' that YOU would wish they'd return to, that we'd learn more about? That would flesh out the Stargate universe?

Not sure if these are on the track you're looking for:
    I'd like to hear more about what's up with the Asgard. What has Thor been doing that he couldn't visit earth lately?
    I wonder whatever happened on Cimmeria with that "Asgard teacher" they left. (not sure we need an episode on it, though. )
    I'd like to see Sam's Jolinar experience mentioned, particularly with Vala being an ex-host. It would seem a logical conversation/bond.
    I'd like to see them visit some planet with a different culture like they used to. Something where we get some of that sense of wonder back.

Comment

You can't bring in any history from the older seasons because that would alienate all the new fans who are used to all flash and no substance. And as everyone knows, the NEW fans are far more important than the OLD ones. [/sarcasm]

Comment

If you want to have a read of our Stargate race's past... check out the VS Stargate: Genesis, set in the origional era of the galaxy when the allience and its races were around...and your sense of wonder will return quite suddenly
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Well in the show we're pretty well allied with the Asgard having saved them from the replicators. The Nox buried their gate and want nothing to do with humanity as humanity is too young and violent of a race. They continue to learn of the Ancients in a lot of the episodes. The only race that we've never seen is the Furlings and I'm not really holding my breath.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Asgard centric episodes based in their homeworlds but I doubt that TPTB would waste the airtime on that story line when there are other story lines left to tell.

Comment

^Your wrong about the Nox, we have connections with them (see: Shades Of Grey)

I would like to go back to the Tok'ra for while, especially looking at Jolinar's past, I think there is so much the Tok'ra can do that we havent seen yet.
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
              Well in the show we're pretty well allied with the Asgard having saved them from the replicators. The Nox buried their gate and want nothing to do with humanity as humanity is too young and violent of a race. They continue to learn of the Ancients in a lot of the episodes. The only race that we've never seen is the Furlings and I'm not really holding my breath.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Asgard centric episodes based in their homeworlds but I doubt that TPTB would waste the airtime on that story line when there are other story lines left to tell.

Let's not forget that one Asgard is expensive, and a lot of the them would be even more so. It would be cool but it won't happen.

Since we have ships now, I'd like to see if we could get to find out what happened to the Tollan.

Comment

I agree with ^, the Tollan storyline would be good too, love to see a scene looking back at the events of Ethon and Icon and the Rand/Caladonian war and the Tollan basically saying "That could have been you, betya glad we didnt give you ion cannons now huh?"
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

i think it would definatly be cool to revisit a few of SG-1s past episodes, so far in season 9 the only one that springs to mind was the reference to the cyrstal skull

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

i think it would definatly be cool to revisit a few of SG-1s past episodes
                    sigpic
                    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Working...
                    X