The Changeling (619)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a great episode.

The whole ending was sweet, Daniel telling Teal'c it was all his doing to keep himself alive.

We also have the beginning of Goa'uld-less Jaffa now, thanks in part to the Tok'ra

Tomorrow, the single most underrated episode of the entire Stargate Franchise. An origin-like story, origin being the original movie.
    sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed watching this episode again. It's been quite a while and I had forgotten quite a lot of it.

The way the all the different lives Teal'c was 'living' were interwoven was cleverly done. The 'bleeding' of his memories as a Jaffa in the the SGC into his other 'memories' of being a fireman saving his mentor's life, all coming together to show the actual reality that he was dying in a bloody battlefield with Bra'tac was fascinating to watch.

Daniel is back giving moral support to another of his suffering mortal friends. I always liked the way he still looked out for them in between his job as an ascended being!

Interesting that someone commented earlier in the thread that this episode didn't have the usual SG-1 'feel'. I can sort of see it, watching it again reminded me of the SGU episode 'Cloverdale' with the intermingling of real and hallucinated life of a character with all those they know appearing in it in different roles.

Comment

My LiveJournal post
        Love this episode, I was looking forward to it.

Poor Junior though, and we never even learned his actual name or heard him talk through someone else. Wouldn't that have been weird? I wonder what he would have said to Teal'c...
        "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
        "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
        "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
        "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

If I this was my first time watching the episode I would tell you its boring. Its a complex episode that I think requires multiple viewing to understand. The plot is confusing and makes little sense with the jumbling between the firefighter scene and the fake SGC stuff. Its confusing and makes no sense because of Teal'c tramua. It takes a while to understand that which makes its an interesting episode but hard to follow at times as well. The scene that gets to me is the "real" Daniel's interaction to Teal'c when he says he won't leave. That strucks a cord with me showing the interaction between them as friends. These don't interact as much as some characters do so it was kind of emotional to see.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
            The way the all the different lives Teal'c was 'living' were interwoven was cleverly done. The 'bleeding' of his memories as a Jaffa in the the SGC into his other 'memories' of being a fireman saving his mentor's life, all coming together to show the actual reality that he was dying in a bloody battlefield with Bra'tac was fascinating to watch.
            Couldn't agree with you more on that ^

I really enjoyed this episode and out of all the Teal'c centric episodes, I think this is by far the best one. I also felt that the SGC scenes seemed off the first time watching, as others in the forum mentioned.

Also nice to see Daniel back,
            Spoiler:
            I always wondered if he got into trouble by the others for helping/interfering the lower beings in this episode and in Abyss

Also this quote will always make me smile I would prefer not to consume bovine lactose at any temperature.
            Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post

Also nice to see Daniel back,
              Spoiler:
              I always wondered if he got into trouble by the others for helping/interfering the lower beings in this episode and in Abyss

I think...(spoilers ahead for Full Circle...)

Spoiler:
              both these events contributed to Daniel being "chucked out of the Glowy Club", but I think him getting SG-1 involved and trying to take on Anubis in Full Circle was the final straw....so back to earth it was for him..

I LOVE The Changeling, but more for the location filming....so many of those sites that I recognise from my travels...there is nothing like Vancouver for filming locations imho....I love it!..

Deeds xx
              sigpic
              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

This episode makes it clear that Chris Judge is a terrific script writer.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

It's great how everything in this ep just works together.

It would be very confusing to the first time viewer.

And the Tretonin at the end is a huge thing in the Stargate verse.
                  sigpic

Comment

It was kind of needed. At some point Tealc's symbiote would have matured and needed to take a host, and Teal'c would have died. So he needed to get rid of it somehow find a way to continue living. This episode did that, and also provided a way for the rebel jaffa to be free.
                    sigpic

Comment

This is actually a question about the filming location. Fire and rescue is dispatched to the Taylor Way Overpass. According to my research, the filming location was also called Taylor Way Overpass. According to Google Maps there is only one Taylor Way in Vancouver BC and it only has one Overpass (over Hwy 1). The road is only 1.8km long (1.1mi) so it was easy to study using Google Maps Satellite mode and street mode. This can't be the correct road. The road is too wide, not curved, and has different guard rails.

Anyone have any ideas where the correct shooting location is?

Slam

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
                      (* planned) (** booked) (? maybe)
                      Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

Have to say I watched this one again last week and it still remains my 2nd favourite episode of S.6 (Abyss taking first place simply because RDA and MS were so feckin' outstanding in their scenes together)...but LOVE this for the locations, the fire station, the story, Daniel as comforter and support of Teal'c..and that gorgeous but sad "Merdian" music line running through the scene at the end....

It truly is in my top 10 SG-1 episodes I think..

Deeds xx
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by slamaina View Post
                          This is actually a question about the filming location. Fire and rescue is dispatched to the Taylor Way Overpass. According to my research, the filming location was also called Taylor Way Overpass. According to Google Maps there is only one Taylor Way in Vancouver BC and it only has one Overpass (over Hwy 1). The road is only 1.8km long (1.1mi) so it was easy to study using Google Maps Satellite mode and street mode. This can't be the correct road. The road is too wide, not curved, and has different guard rails.

Anyone have any ideas where the correct shooting location is?

Slam
                          The fire station was at:

Coquitlam Fire & Rescue
                          428 Nelson Street, Coquitlam

The hospital was in Vancouver (George Pearson Hospital, 601 W. 59th Avenue), same one that was used for Kinsey's press conference in Smoke and Mirrors.

The other locations from this episode aren't mentioned on RDA's site, but I imagine it was either close by the two above or their studio.
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

My question was about the shooting location for where the accident is.

Nelson St is the right fire department but the wrong hall. The correct one is:
                            http://www.coquitlam.ca/public-safet...perations.aspx
                            Mariner Fire Hall - 775 Mariner Way, Coquitlam, B.C. V3C 0A3

Originally posted by fems View Post
                            The fire station was at:

Coquitlam Fire & Rescue
                            428 Nelson Street, Coquitlam

The hospital was in Vancouver (George Pearson Hospital, 601 W. 59th Avenue), same one that was used for Kinsey's press conference in Smoke and Mirrors.

The other locations from this episode aren't mentioned on RDA's site, but I imagine it was either close by the two above or their studio.

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
                            (* planned) (** booked) (? maybe)
                            Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

Cleverly done episode, fairly creative and original, and the initial firefighting scenes made me laugh out loud in incredulity. Loved the "alternate" lives of how it would have been for them without a stargate. Jonas as a Probie was a nice, funny touch.
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

This ep. was funny, and confusing. And I didn't really find it exciting, was just waiting to get answers. Nice to see Daniel again, and the tretonin story was good. But I must say this was under avarage, as I felt the story was overall poorly written.

Comment

Working...
                                X