The Changeling (619)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    This episode makes it clear that Chris Judge is a terrific script writer.

Seaboe
    Have to disagree on this one. Like the previous episodes by CJ, I couldn't really enjoy the overall story

Comment

You're allowed to disagree. I'll think you're nuts, but you're still allowed.

I've already noticed that our tastes in episodes is very different.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
        You're allowed to disagree. I'll think you're nuts, but you're still allowed.

I've already noticed that our tastes in episodes is very different.

Seaboe
        Hi Seaboe, yes i noticed too. I still really enjoy to see other peoples views. And I guess that's one of this forums functions. Thanks for all your reply's. And really, I don't think you're "nuts" just because we disagree "a little".

Comment

Originally posted by slamaina View Post
          This is actually a question about the filming location. Fire and rescue is dispatched to the Taylor Way Overpass. According to my research, the filming location was also called Taylor Way Overpass. According to Google Maps there is only one Taylor Way in Vancouver BC and it only has one Overpass (over Hwy 1). The road is only 1.8km long (1.1mi) so it was easy to study using Google Maps Satellite mode and street mode. This can't be the correct road. The road is too wide, not curved, and has different guard rails.

Anyone have any ideas where the correct shooting location is?

Slam
          From the extra on my DVD Martin Wood said it was the bridge on the old highway 1 over Nelson Canyon in West Vancouver. On further research I found it is now included in a walking trail called the Whyte Lake trail. Noted as 'old bridge' on the map parallel to the new highway 1 Nelson Canyon bridge. It's a location I've wanted to visit for a while but have yet to get round to it!

http://westvancouver.ca/uploadedFile...rail%20Map.pdf

Comment

Excellent episode. Reminded me a lot of the DS9 episodes "Far Beyond the Stars" and "Shadows and Symbols". I liked Judge switching between Teal'c's formal way of speaking and T's more modern way.

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo View Post
            I think Daniel was a pretty powerful being if he could place himself in other peoples dreams and such, and good thing Daniel was a good person, or else really really bad things could have happened, haha.. It was nice to see some old faces though, i forgot what their names were though Haha... (Although i didn't forget Apophis's name )
            Freddy Kreuger has some competition.
            Originally posted by The Signal View Post
            This was my least favourite episode of S5 first time I watched it, but every time I see it, it gets better and better, and now ranks in my top 10 episodes ever, the Daniel and Teal'c scene right at the end is the best scene they ever shared, pure brilliance.
            I agree their scenes together were some of the best parts of this episode. This is season 6 by the way.
            Originally posted by rushy View Post
            T was soooooo weird with Dr. Apophis.

No. They let it be in one Jaffa and then they transfer it to another. Like the phone game with feedbacks all the time.

No. One Jaffa has it at once and then he transfers it to another every couple hours. Like the phone game with infinite feedbacks.

Got it?
            That's what I surmised from it. Another analogy would be two people sharing an oxygen mask.
            Originally posted by Descended
            That blackhole was awfully weak, since the last blackhole they encountered practically stopped time in the SGC through a wormhole linked to a planet that was merely orbiting a blackhole, yet they flew almost into this one and all that happened was Teal'cs voice got a little deeper.

Comment

Teal'c was amazing; going through all that to save Bra'tac. I think that just goes to show how much like a son Teal'c acted. He really loved Bra'tac very much.

I agree about the Daniel and Teal'c scene at the end. That was sweet, and very touching.

"I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
              "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

It’s an ok episode with a powerful ending. It’s fun to watch Teal’c talk in a non-Teal’c voice but it moves pretty slow and the “Fire Fighter story” drags a little bit. I would have liked to seen more about the ambush and finding him. The biggest thing that irritates me is we don’t hear about Tritotin again until S-7. It almost seemed like they might ignore the fact Teal’c no longer had a symbiote for awhile.

Comment

I agree with too much firefighters and not enough ambush. We learn more about it in S7 though. Too bad we didn't get to see it.

"I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
                  "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

Anyone know who suggested the 'fire fighter' angle?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        I assume Christopher Judge since he wrote the episode.

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
                        (* planned) (** booked) (? maybe)
                        Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

Wow what a crazy episode this was! It showcased how complex a character Teal'c is but also how great of an actor CJ is! It was a little confusing but I like seeing the emotional side of "T". All in all it was a very well put together episode -great writing, awesome direction, and perfect acting by all.

I just started watching SG1 a few weeks ago and I'm hooked, I've seen them all up to this episode and its only been a few weeks. I only wish I would have known about it while it was stil on the air so I could get in on the conversation. I've been reading posts on this board for a few weeks and I love it, I just wish it was more active. But I guess it has been off the air for 5 years now. lol

Comment

Originally posted by jronicus View Post
                            I've been reading posts on this board for a few weeks and I love it, I just wish it was more active. But I guess it has been off the air for 5 years now. lol
                            Welcome to the forums

I joined here mostly because i had a few questions. People are very helpful here and I got answers right away to my posts

Comment

Think this might be in my top 10 episodes list. I was confused up until Daniel said he would always be with Teal'c. Then blocks started falling into place. The end was very moving for me and a lovely Daniel scene to boot. I have nothing bad to say about this episode.

Comment

Pretty solid ep in which it's a toss-up about what is real and what isn't ... and then it turns out none of it is real. Neither world is real and there's a third option that is real, and it's not a pretty one. The rebel jaffa slain and robbed off their symbiote. They died free but painful I imagine.

It's a different spin on the Threshold episode from season 5 but not a bad one. I really enjoy this episode. Especially Jonas' New Guy-appron.

And the Tok'ra have semi-perfected the tretonin... I knew that was going to come back some day. Forgot though how quick after its discovery.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X