This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring back.......

Ok so pre - season openers in the sg world usually get a lot of the so called "bring back so and so". Im gonna jump on the bandwagon too
    What about bringing back anything to do with the chrystal skull and Nick Ballard, for all we know the these so called misty giants, the skull and the pyramid could be related to the furlings.
    My little theory is that the writers possibly inteded for that race that created the chrystal skull and the huge pyramid had a conection to the goa'uld ie thats where the goa'uld got there basis for the technology in the first place hence thats why the race that created the skull were so pissed off at them. I think in that ep there was so much scope for extensions, if this race still exist they would be a really good idea in seaking out, for one they had the technology to transport Nick from earth to that world (in my oppinion it was only his mind that was transported..... and you guessed it the ori have that power too). Its a long shot but what do you think?

Murchie

Good idea, I do think the Ori coming into the galaxy allows the SGC to go back and visit some old friends, or enemies, and try to convince them to join the fight. As Teal'c said when trying to win the help of the Lucian Alliance, the fate of the galaxy is at hand. With that in mind, there are some more interesting, and potentially more usefull characters that exist in the galaxy that could be of help.
    First of all, the Goa'uld technology is almost completely stolen, and their exist few, if any Goa'uld scientists, so far as we can tell, as their population growth is near zero at this point. Also, we understand almost all the Goa'uld technology, or at least know someone who does (tok'ra), and against the Ori, goa'uld tech will be of little use.

However, there are other options. The aliens from the glass skull as you mentioned could be of help, but they were enemies of the Goa'uld, and were not sure what their level of tech is. The first place I would go would be back to the Aschen Alliance. Thats right. Yeah, they tried to kill us, but their no worse than the Lucian Alliance, have great technology, and the fate of the galaxy is at hand. Second, I would go pay the nox a visit. Yes, they buried their stargate, but apperently we can now figure out where a planet is based on its gate address, or something along those lines, and there has to be at least one transport ship lying around that can get there. If the fate of the galaxy is at hand, they have to help, its not like they are the asgard and live in another galaxy. Also, the Re'tu could be of help, with their out-of-phase technology. Finally, go back and check out some of the "lesser known" species, like the Furlings (I have my doubts the dead people in paradise lost are the furlings, most likely humans who ended up in a furling paradise, it is unlikely the goa'uld could have infultrated and destroyed, even with a plant, one of the four great races). What about the Hebridan? Are any of the Tollan still around? (Very unlikely Anubis destroyed all of them, even if he did level their planet). The alien civilization portrayed in "Lifeboat", where are they? The aliens from "The Fifth Man" could come in very handy against the Ori. Linea from season two maybe? she is still out there, right? Finally, The Spirits, those who protect the Salish would probably come in handy...

Again.. just some ideas for season ten. This Ori fight really is for the whole galaxy, unlike the Goa'uld who never had the power or the organization to truly conquer the entire galaxy. I know there are tons of planets, and we most likely cannot find the aliens from "lifeboat" and such, but why not try?

Comment

Yeah... all that to-do about having Nick stay behind and set up the alliance... and we never hear from them again.

Kinda fell through the cracks.

Comment

Yeah, for some reason I remember the commentary, or maybe a blog, saying they wanted to bring back the Aschen, I distinctly remember someone saying that our ambassador was definately not dead and will come back... an alliance with the aschen against the ori wouldbe the perfect opportunity

Comment

Bring back Jonas. Bring back Jonas. Bring back Jonas.

They actually did a "Crystal Skull" connection (and they even mentioned the Crystal Skull and Nick Ballard) in "Athur's Mantle".

Comment

DR. JANET FRAISER

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Physicsmoose
              an alliance with the aschen against the ori wouldbe the perfect opportunity
              I'd say the perfect opportunity for the Ori to wipe them out.

The Aschen are cutting down the number of potential worshippers, sounds like something the Ori wouldn't be too thrilled about.

Comment

Bring Back Bob!
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

JONAS QUINN!!

Comment

RDA.....Never been the same.

Comment

Reetu
                      Gadmeer
                      Salish/Spirits
                      Foothold Aliens
                      Grace Aliens
                      FURLINGS!!!
                      Herbiddians
                      Serrakin
                      Oannes
                      Goa'uld
                      Crystal Skull aliens
                      Nox

We're gonna need EVERYONE in our galaxy to defend against the Ori.
                      http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

...the aliens from "Foothold". I'd love to see us run into them on a mission offworld. Maybe with them trying to infiltrate that world like they tried to on Earth. I'd love to see that.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

SG-1, the TEAM.

Comment

Bring back:
                            • Nox - I know they're still around but we havent seen them in forever, their help would be great
                            • RDA - agreed...never been the same, but I will say, the new guy does a fine job given the shadow he's in
                            • Hammond - The new general is good, but it's Hammond, he's HAMMOND, can't be replaced
                            • Tollan - they were just staring to like us, now that we have our own ships (ships faster and presumably more powerful than theirs) we may have proven outselves and they may be willing to help us - given that it's a mutual threat
                            I'll prolly be yelled at for saying the Tollan, but I think they were a great potential ally... stupid Anubis
                            Long live the Asgard

Long live my buddy Thor

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten
                              I'd say the perfect opportunity for the Ori to wipe them out.

The Aschen are cutting down the number of potential worshippers, sounds like something the Ori wouldn't be too thrilled about.

On second thought, your probably right. What i think I was trying to get at was that we clearly need, at least in the short run until we find a way to defeat ascended beings, an ally who is willing to help us attack the invading ori fleet. I have my doubts about the Asgard, as they never seem to be of much direct help, and just mentioned the Aschen becuase I feel this is a "perfect opportunity" for us to try to convince them to share some tech.

However, from what we can tell, they only seem to be interested in controlling populations of other planets for their own use, I just have to believe that a threat to the entire MW like the Ori has to involve all the pertinent races in the galaxy, hence the aschen, the hebridians, etc...

Enough about these crystal skull aliens, WE KNOW NOTHIHNG ABOUT THEM other than that they hate the Goa'uld (unless im missing an episode somewhere, and someone please correct me if I am). The Tollan? Yeah, they may still be alive, I liked them, their tech would definately help, but theirs probably only about a handful left. Im gonna keep saying this till someone listens, THE NOX! Yeah, they buried the gate, but we know apperently how to triangulate the coordinates of planetsbased on gate coordinates, or at least the Tok'ra definately do. They have the tech to keep an entire floating city invisible! yeah, they probably dont care to much about the galaxy beyond their homeworld, but again, the fate of every planet in the MW is at stake here.

The Re'tu? interesting, but i doubt they care much about anything, as there is a good chance the ori wont even notice them and they really only seem to care about kiling the goa'uld, not saving the galaxy...

Spirits would be cool, but what could they really do other than confuse the Ori (again, i may be missing something, years since i saw that ep)

Furlings! The mysterious race! why not bring them "back", do we even know what they look like? (assuming they were not the dead humans from paradise lost)

Gadmeer? from what I remember they were starting their entire race over again from genetic building blocks, short of cloning, they wont be a significant race for at least a couple thousand years, even if they have some sort of genetic jumpstart program.

Oannes? again, population problems, one member of a civilization wont help us that much, even with advanced tech, and again, if the goa'uld defeated them, they probably wont be much help against the Ori (same goes for gadmeer, and in a smaller way, the re'tu).

Grace aliens? sorry, must have forgotten this one.

some of these posts related to who to bring back are ridiculous, but if were gonna go there, why not....

use the dimensional shifting tech (similar to mirror, or what happened to gates in ripple effect) to find a reality where Mach'ello isnt dead... he would be of help

what about the crystal aliens from season 1? why not, right?

anyway, i guess were only gonna really know in a couple months... cant wait!

Comment

Working...
                              X