This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metarock Sam:

I don't think that Shifu ever "de-ascended." I think that he temporarily took human-like form to ease with the communication with humans, much like Oma did the times that she communicated with "non-ascended" Daniel.

A "non-ascended" being, or rather a "non-ascended" human, wouldn't have been able to affect Daniel the way he did by touch[the whole forever in a day thing].

Besides, the Ascended Ancients could give half a hump that Shifu was a Harsesis, only Oma and her few supporters would have cared.
    I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

if an ancient can do what chaya in the PG did then i dont see why we use that to our advantage. in our case it may be more then 1 because they would be under attack by the ori, but lure all the ships there and blow them the frack up.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

That goes against the whole 'non-interference' deal [that TPTB like to pound into our heads every episode so that we don't forget] the Ancients believe in, much like Star Trek's Prime Directive.

I don't see the Ancients directly influencing the outcome of a "lower beings" problem/battle. The followers of the Ori are not the Ancients problems, it's SG-1's problem.
        I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Originally posted by finalphoenix
          The ori have endowed the priors with superhuman powers they have also constructed a fleet with extremely strong offensive and defensive systems,so that they can begin their 'final solution' so the asceneded ancients that have so far stood back are goin to have to show themselves in one form or the other soon or else the universe is doomed because the ori will not stop until everyone follows origin
          Their offensive powers are... stupid. It takes a long time for those beams to charge and once fired, they fly with an incredibly low velocity. Anyone with half a brain would know to make themselves moving targets (as the Asgard vessel DID and hence survived)!

And voila, Ori weapons rendered useless!

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
            Their offensive powers are... stupid. It takes a long time for those beams to charge and once fired, they fly with an incredibly low velocity. Anyone with half a brain would know to make themselves moving targets (as the Asgard vessel DID and hence survived)!

And voila, Ori weapons rendered useless!
            But their point defense weapons are still pretty dangerous...took out a Hatak with 2/3 hits!

Comment

Originally posted by Insipid
              That goes against the whole 'non-interference' deal [that TPTB like to pound into our heads every episode so that we don't forget] the Ancients believe in, much like Star Trek's Prime Directive.

I don't see the Ancients directly influencing the outcome of a "lower beings" problem/battle. The followers of the Ori are not the Ancients problems, it's SG-1's problem.
              I see the ancient's dealing with the Ori and their technology and leaving the Ori's followers for the "lower beings" to deal with.

It is also possible that the ancients even the playing field in some way. I was thinking of the giving of some technology that would be similar to the Ori tech.
              WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO BLUE JELLO?

Comment

if the ancients kill the ori then i dont see them giving us tech but aslong as the ori live with their "misinformed galactic encyclopedia sales men" rambling their heads off the ancients have to fear the ori taking over MWG, so unless they deal w/ ori priors and ships directly like chaya i see it is inevitable they will help us out tech wise

Comment

Originally posted by Insipid

I think that you're correct about the Ancients becoming directly involved. As far as we know, whenever an Ancient has "descended" to help out, it has been to bring a message and help with a specific Ori-created problem (Orlin) or has been done in secret to work on a weapon that was directed at the Ori themselves (Merlin). Oma has been the notable exception, in helping people to ascend and protecting the Shifu. Even when Daniel was ascended, he didn't directly interfere, except when he tried to take out Anubis and was stopped. However, we know that the majority of the Ascended beings don't particularly care for the activities of these individuals.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if another "rogue" individual Ancient decided to try to help in some way and wouldn't be surprised if it were one with some personal connection to SG-1. We don't know Merlin or Oma's backstory very well, but all the other Ancients who have helped people (Orlin, Daniel and Chaya) had some personal connection that compelled them to help the people they cared about. So ... wild speculation here ... if we were to see an Ascended being show up to help, it might be someone from Abydos who comes to help SG-1, but do so in an "under the Ancient radar" kind of way.

Comment

with the recent show its about time to bring it back up,

we learned to night we have some support buy very few ascended beings. hopefully they can organize and help us while the others shield what they do from the others. but we have to reacive help eventually, daniel picked up on this that if we loose the power would be increadibly unbalanced in the ori's favor.

Comment

Working...
                    X