No announcement yet.

Paradise Lost (615)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode is just plain boring to me. I have never like the SG1 episodes that is just about one or two person strapped on a planet trying to get home. As a result I don't care for Paradise Lost. Its dull just to have Jack and Maybourne stuck on a planet. Its nothing we get seen before and Maybourne drugged up that plant has been done before. It also just lets me down with no Furlings and really nothing new was ever discovered about the planet Col. Simmons wanted to see.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I like this ep mostly because of Jack and Maybourne. They are so good together.

Teal'c sure showed off his massive arms when he hugged Sam.
      sigpic

Comment

I have to agree with jelgate. This episode was not one of my favorites. It kind of drags a little in some spots. I also don't care as much for the episodes that only focus on one or two characters. It was cool though that the portal was a transport to the moon instead of just another part of the planet. I also thought the symbols on the transport device that depicted that was a cool idea as well.
        sigpic

Comment

Yay, its Maybourne again! So crafty and tenacious.

Comment

I love this episode, it's one of my favourites. Not only is the story great, with great interactions between Jack & Harry, but the photography and sound design are something quite special too.

Comment

Originally posted by Zysu View Post
              I love this episode, it's one of my favourites. Not only is the story great, with great interactions between Jack & Harry, but the photography and sound design are something quite special too.
              Ooh, I agree. Watched this one last week for the first time in ages, and I'd forgotten just how amazing the camera work is.
              sigpic
              Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

The episode started off nicely with Maybourne stealing beer from Jack.
                Sam was angry, that was a good scene, and Jack had to think hard for once. He did great. RDA is a very good actor.
                The middle part is kind of dragging along, but it's a decent ending. I really like the way this ep. is directed, but when Jack got drugged I honestly thought my monitor was broken.

I was a little disappointed that Maybourne lied about the planet Simmons wanted to go to. I would be nice if they got some cool weapons soon.

Comment

And there goes Epiphany of SGA as well... Not a word, Jelgate, not a word.

Anyway, we get some more bonding between Jack and Harry, and he finally gets to shoot him... twice. Beyond that this is actually a rather boring episode.
                  Took Carter long enough to have an emotional breakdown. Good thing Teal'c's there to pick up the pieces... you know, since she's fully dressed and all.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well, she had one in Meridian (of sorts)..

Comment

Excellent episode. I've always enjoyed the little scenarios between Jack & Harry, which ultimately leads to their friendship (as it is).

We see Jack in his element in this episode, he actually pieces together what happened very well, more so than we would see him do in other episodes (mostly because he's alone obviously but he still knows how to logically sort it out).

Comment

Yes, I'm not a fan of RDA playing Jack as dense because It doesn't make sense for the character. This is Jack as I see him: smart, resourceful, a survivor. And really really gorgeous! I also love the colour shift that makes everything look different and strange, and the sudden close ups of Jack listening and reacting to his adversary. It's a great way to take us into his reality.

Comment

Originally posted by StevenSG1 View Post
                          Excellent episode. I've always enjoyed the little scenarios between Jack & Harry, which ultimately leads to their friendship (as it is).

We see Jack in his element in this episode, he actually pieces together what happened very well, more so than we would see him do in other episodes (mostly because he's alone obviously but he still knows how to logically sort it out).
                          Agreed. I just posted in another thread how I'm beyond tired of the while thing of Jack acting dumb all the time.

This how the leader of SG-1 should be ALL THE TIME - clever and imaginative. He figured everything out just time without Carter to do it for him.

And the O'Neill/Maybourne double act is always great. Seems to me Anderson plays better with McBeath than his main cast.

Originally posted by Findo View Post
                          Yes, I'm not a fan of RDA playing Jack as dense because It doesn't make sense for the character. This is Jack as I see him: smart, resourceful, a survivor. And really really gorgeous! I also love the colour shift that makes everything look different and strange, and the sudden close ups of Jack listening and reacting to his adversary. It's a great way to take us into his reality.
                          I'd had had enough of Jack being thick a few seasons ago. How he is in this episode is how he should have been from the start. I can't for the life of figure out why they went the dense route with him.

EDIT: I was certain that Maybourne was going to die in this episode and I really thought Jack had killed him. It would have been a nice way to see out the character if they had - that after all the years of threats that O'Neill did shoot him but genuinely didn't want to because Maybourne wasn't so bad a guy.

That said, I'm glad he survived and I hope he makes more appearances in the show, but don't tell me ... spoilers are hard enough to avoid on Netflix and I'd rather not get them here.
                          Last edited by I Am Not James Spader; 16 September 2015, 06:45 AM.

Comment

One of my favourites - O'Neill and Maybourne together in a paradise that is none.
                            Nice scene between Carter and Teal'c - the Jaffa gets more and more humane.
                            Really liked this one.
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

The cinematography, soundtrack, and editing on this episode were great. Since the beginning I've enjoyed the camerawork and the music in this series, but this episode was one of the best. Plus we got to see more of Maybourne and Jack interacting and this time it wasn't only short spurts and quick quips. Both of their characters really developed in this episode.

Comment

It's definitely the best Maybourne episode IMO. I wouldn't mind retiring there alone, kind of peaceful.. nice view of the planet/moon whatever.

Comment

Working...
                                X