This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Doctor Is In (The U.S.)

So what does everyone think of SciFi carrying it?

I just saw the eps and all I have to say is YEAH BABY! reminds me of when I was younger watching the Tom Baker stint as the Doctor, can't wait to see the Daleks.
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

You can say that again (and again, and again and again...)!

THE DOCTOR IS DEFINITELY IN THE HOUSE!

Cheers to Scifi Channel for bringing us what promises to be a wonderful, excellent ride to Dr.Who's universe...Hail to the Time Lord! Whoooooopeeee!
    Dr. Who rocks!

Just saw the premiere (Rose) and the follow up ep (The End of the World) and I am definitely looking forward to the next one. Love the good Doctor and Rose.

Edit: Season One DVDs for Dr.Who will be out July... gotta save...
    Last edited by LadyShip; 17 March 2006, 10:30 PM.

Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice
    From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire.
    But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate
    To say that for destruction ice is also great and would suffice.
    Robert Frost, Fire and Ice

Comment

Gotta give ya little hint...

They keep getting better. And the season finale is definately worthy of a hug towards the makers of the show, I could give you some hints on some things to look out for, but i'm not a fan of spoilers so...

I'll just let you know they're there.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

^ So true. I must admit that I wasn't overly impressed with ep2701-Rose (not the character), but I'd recommend that anyone give the show a chance because it just gets better and better.
        Last edited by Egeria; 18 March 2006, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
          ^ So true. I must admit that I wasn't overly impressed with Rose, but I'd recommend that anyone give the show a chance because it just gets better and better.
          She gets better, much better. Glad you guys like it, strap yourselves in, its one hell of a ride!
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
            She gets better, much better. Glad you guys like it, strap yourselves in, its one hell of a ride!
            Nooo! I adore Rose the character, I was referring to the episode 'Rose'.

Comment

^ So true. I must admit that I wasn't overly impressed with Rose, but I'd recommend that anyone give the show a chance because it just gets better and better.
              I kind of liked her. From what I remember of the Tom Baker stint, she seems to fit right in as a Who Babe. I also liked what's his names portrayal of the Doctor. He seemed to have just the right amount of whimsy.
              "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

I've edited my post to clarify that I was referring to the ep not the character. Rose (the character) is fantastic.

Comment

I starting watching it with a "wait and see" attitude since I spent my youth watching Tom Baker as The Doctor. At the end of the 2 hours I could not wait for next week to see more. It is a good show.
                  Tribute to a Great K-9 -- http://www.geocities.com/norstar_k9/K9_Robin.html

Mickey, the FIRST Rescue Kooikerhondje in the USA -- http://www.geocities.com/norstar_k9/...ue_In_USA.html

Comment

Watched the show, loved it! Can't wait till next week.

Comment

^ So true. I must admit that I wasn't overly impressed with ep2701-Rose (not the character), but I'd recommend that anyone give the show a chance because it just gets better and better.
                      I watched the two hour block last night on Scifi. At the end of the first episode I was thinking this show wasn't my cup of tea. ETA: A little too campy and kind of silly I thought.

But THEN....I stuck it out for the second hour and really enjoyed "End of The World"

Glad to hear it keeps getting better.....based on "End of The World" I'll be watching next week.
                      Last edited by keshou; 18 March 2006, 05:59 AM.
                      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
                        Gotta give ya little hint...

They keep getting better. And the season finale is definately worthy of a hug towards the makers of the show, I could give you some hints on some things to look out for, but i'm not a fan of spoilers so...

I'll just let you know they're there.
                        Awwwwwwwwww....
                        But you are right. The best way to enjoy this show is to be spoiler free. It'll be hard and a real temptation to click that button. Mind over matter... mind over matter.

Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice
                        From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire.
                        But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate
                        To say that for destruction ice is also great and would suffice.
                        Robert Frost, Fire and Ice

Comment

Wow, I just checked the IMDB to see how long the original ran. I knew it was the world's longest running Sci-Fi show ever, but 1963-1989! Wow, that's before Star Trek came out! And here in the U.S. we are acting like 10 years for SG-1 is amazing.

Comment

How many episodes are in a season for Doctor Who anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
                              How many episodes are in a season for Doctor Who anyway?
                              13, followed by "The Christmas Invasion"
                              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Working...
                              X