This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Stargate Movie - Discussion

I know there are probably 10000 other threads like this, I'm new, and I'd like to discuss what a new movie could be about. I have some thoughts about a stargate movie, but i want to see what you think it would be about first. I write novels, and I am writing one right now that could be a movie but ... even if i send it in it won't happen, heh.

I'd love to see an SG-1 movie. Perhaps one that could see the eventual downfall of the Goa'uld by the destruction of the System Lords. They would have to make a stance and say, yep they will be destroyed. obviously there is still the menace of the Wraith, but thats another story. I think the complete destruction of the Goa'uld in a feature could most definitely set up some interesting ideas.

Would part of the battle take place on earth? I think so. I think perhaps a three part story would be interesting. Maybe in the 1st movie set something up, the eventual leading up to a war that takes place. The Stargate becomes public knowledge on earth as the Goa'uld attack earth. However, the attack is held back, but with Independence Day Consequences. Both the Goa'uld and the Tau'ri have been heavily defeated, but the Goa'uld will strike back. The second part could be the meat and potatoes of the story. Where the Goa'uld and the tau'Ri recover their strength. The final and third act could then look at the final battle between the Tau'Ri and the System Lords.

HarSins - What novels do you write?

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
    from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

I think the final fate of the System Lords should be decided in the series, and the movie should be more or less a standalone story. It has to be able to stand on its own for the general audience to get anything out of it, and a theatrical feature would definately depend on a larger audience than just the most devoted gaters.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

How about a movie about the Ancients. The start and end of the Great War, or the events that lead to leaving Ayiana behind on Earth. Something that require minimal amount of characters from the current day Earth. Something non-stargate fans can pick up while also serve as a nice background story for stargate fans.

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

Thing is, the general movie going public already would know about the Egyptian gos as Aliens from the movie. It would be poetic to wrap up that plot with a movie or two, or three

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
          from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

personally I don't care what it's about. just having an SG1 movie would make me happy!!! who knows how many times i would see it. (as long as all the original SG1 actors are in it)

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
            Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

220683, and Indian. I like both of your ideas, but Indiana more so because of his .. well .. it's just sexy. You're not going to believe me when I say, I was thinking of almost the same thing, a 3 part story and pretty close to what you had in mind of storyline.

I haven't had any of the published for the fact that I am only 19 years old, and publishers like to see seasoned authors (35 - 60) And people with University degree's in literature. I am however majoring in Literature, and writing.. stuff - It's too long to explain - at the University of Toronto. In a few years, I plan to send off my novels somewhere and see what happens. Oh, and I focus mainly on Science Fiction novels to write (I’ve written a Star trek one, Star wars and working on an SG1)

As for the story, it's almost the same as your idea, Indiana, but I'll just add on a few things.

The way you explained number 1 was a little bit... dry. You need to have some small skirmishes throughout the movie if you want to keep the peoples attention. Humans - probably sg1 - should do something to piss the Goa'uld off. If you have seen season 8 opener, New order *****SPOILERS******When the Goa'uld want to negotiate and ask for their assistance, the Goa'uld that they were all afraid of, I forgot the name, but it could be that system lord who starts the war.

The first part should show some little skirmishes on different planets, maybe the Alpha site? Gliders going by over head, *forgot the ship name, Alkash i think* bombing the marines on the ground. Maybe some 302's up there as well. Then, the ending should show a crap load of mother ships in hyperspace heading towards earth.. or coming out of hyperspace around earth. I know these sounds a lot like season 7 ending, but the first thing the Goa'uld will do is target the Atlantis outpost and destroy it.

As for part 2 and 3 I like it.

There should be some inner city fighting as well that would be cool to see.
              Last edited by HarSins; 25 July 2004, 04:38 PM.

Comment

much as I'd love to see another movie, the movie would have to be small screen because not everyone is gonna go out and see it and if they did anythign important people wouldnt know what was going on in the series if they missed the movie. The only reason I Think people that hadnt seen the orignal movie caught onto SG1 is because its pilot episode was so good at explaining everything. in anycase, Movie after the series is cancelled. This way they can do what tehy want in the series and if the series ends with a few questions they can release a few movies.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Screw people who don't know whats going on, lol

Comment

I don't care what the movie will be about, as long as it carries all the same things as the show...and of cource I want to be SG1, it's too early for SGA. So what can they do? Finally get rid of Goa'uld!!! My priceless thoughts....

Comment

lol ya. That's what we've been talking about.

OH!, we forgot the azguard. Well have them interveine at the end of part 3 and completley RAPE the Guoa'Uld

btw, like my new sig?

Comment

Uh... not sure I want to even begin to figure out what that means, HarSins But I do hope to see the Asgard more vigilant as the Goa'uld. Maybe they fire new beams upon them that are *thought* to be transporter beams, but in fact they're a new disintegration ray. Yikes.
                        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

If they made movie, it should involve a Goauld or Asguard playing the part of the god Jesus Christ or Alla. That is probably the only way they would pull in the numbers at the theatre from non-stargate fans, to stir up controversy over the Christian or Muslim religion. They would need some major star power as well. Maybe cast Charlie Sheen or Bruce Willis as a new commander of SG1 and throw in The Rock as another Jaffa who knows Tealc from a long time ago.

You ask anyone out there right now who is not a fan of the show if they would be interested in seeing a Stargate movie and they could care less so this movie would need controversy and star power to survive more than a week in theatres.

Comment

Originally posted by OsirisDICK
                            If they made movie, it should involve a Goauld or Asguard playing the part of the god Jesus Christ or Alla.
                            Gahhh!! Do we really need to go there, again?!! It's a horrible, horrible idea and it will never happen.
                            That is probably the only way they would pull in the numbers at the theatre from non-stargate fans, to stir up controversy over the Christian or Muslim religion.
                            No. All they'd need would be some kick-ass advertising.
                            They would need some major star power as well. Maybe cast Charlie Sheen or Bruce Willis as a new commander of SG1 and throw in The Rock as another Jaffa who knows Tealc from a long time ago.
                            No thanks. I don't want any Hollywood icons imposing on my Stargate universe, thankyouverymuch.
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Yes. wtf were u thinking, the rock, bruce willis? Horrible, absolutley horrible actors.

Comment

Working...
                              X