X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh good grief...
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

New trailer for Robot of Sherwood. I am looking forward to this one. It looks so much fun!

Comment

Some great pics for Robot of Sherwood - not spoilery if you have seen the trailers

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/robot-o...ctor+Who+TV%29

Edit - Same pics in high res

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/201...romo-pics.html
        Last edited by Blencathra; 02 September 2014, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
          Oh good grief...
          Its a well written pile of Do-Do Droppings
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

The newest addition of ‘Doctor Who’ is on the prowl

http://nypost.com/2014/09/02/the-new...-on-the-prowl/

‘Doctor Who” fans still wrapping their heads around the show’s fierce-eyebrowed star Peter Capaldi were introduced to another new cast member on Saturday: Danny Pink, played by actor Samuel Anderson.

“He teaches at the Coal Hill School,” says Anderson, “and he, um, takes a bit of a fancy to Miss Clara Oswald.”

Oswald (Jenna Coleman), as Whovians know, is the Doctor’s current sidekick; she came on at the start of last season, starring opposite previous Doctor Matt Smith. But fans have been clamoring for another companion, as the Doctor sometimes travels with more than one person. Could Anderson be it?

The 32-year-old actor is cagey about plot details — understandably, given the show’s uproar over some script leaks in recent months — but he did give The Post some enticing background on his character.

[Only very slight spoilers - Blen]

Spoiler:

“Before joining the school, he was a soldier in the British army,” he says of Danny. “But he left, for reasons that will be revealed throughout the season. He’s an everyday sort of man, which I think is neat, especially pitched against such a massive hero as the Doctor. He’s sort of a straight man.”

Will he be joining them in the TARDIS, then? Looks that way. “I would say I become a companion for the companion,” he says.

Unlike Capaldi, an avowed fan of the sci-fi series, Anderson says he hasn’t followed the show in recent years. “As a kid, I was a fan — but as an adult, not so much,” he admits. “Work and life kind of got in the way. But when you’re part of the show, it’s difficult not to become a fan. The writing is so good!”

It won’t be the first time Anderson has acted alongside Oswald; the two were both regulars in the British soap “Emmerdale” several years ago. Now, they may be the first TARDIS romance since Amy Pond and Rory, back in mid-2012. “There’s a cute dynamic between them,” Anderson says of his character and Clara. “The Doctor rolls with it. He wants them to be happy.”

Romance-tinged roles are familiar territory for Anderson, who’s known for playing a womanizer on the British show “Gavin & Stacey.”

“That’s a polite way of putting it,” says Anderson, laughing. “I mean, his name was Fingers. Yeah, he was absolutely a womanizer. The kind of guy who knows what he wants and [knows] how to get it.”

But his favorite role, he says, was right here in New York. “I was in ‘The History Boys’ on Broadway,” Anderson says of the 2006 Alan Bennett play, which was made into a film the same year, also including Anderson. “It’s still the highlight of my career. It was incredible. One thing I loved about New York is how you could spark up a conversation with anyone about anything, with people you’re never going to see again — and there’s no pretend-nonsense about exchanging numbers or whatever. It’s just, ‘Nice talking to you!’ ”

Compared to his home city, he says, New York’s reputation for brusqueness did not hold up. “To be honest,” he says, “once you’ve lived in London for a bit, most places seem friendly!”

Comment

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/horowit...ours-66221.htm
              Anthony Horowitz on showrunner rumours.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/horowit...ours-66221.htm
                Anthony Horowitz on showrunner rumours.
                Even if he's not replacing Moffat, I wouldn't mind seeing him write an episode or two.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I wish they'd shake up the TARDIS crew a bit. We've had bossy woman or bossy woman and mousy man since 2005.
                  Seriously, pick up the Paternoster Gang! I still want to know who the heck they are, but c'mon! It's totally plausible!
                  At least Strax!!

Or some Ood! Pick up an Ood!
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Wasn't there supposed to be a nod to the Abslom Daak comic strip in "Into the Dalek"?

Or if there was, did I miss it?
                    sigpic

Comment

Peter Capaldi Wins GQ Personality of the Year Award

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/men-of-...gq-awards-2014

Despite hitting screens as the new Doctor Who at the end of last year, it's not always been smooth sailing for Peter Capaldi. He may have won an Oscar in 1995 for his short film Franz Kafka's It's A Wonderful Life, but his next booking would be directing a dog food advert before meeting with Harvey Weinstein only to have his proposed script turned down.

Safe to say, those days are behind him. Hot off the heels of The Thick Of It, Capaldi may be the twelfth Doctor at the age of 56 but for him it's a childhood dream - he's even wrote letters to the BBC petitioning to be head of the Doc's fan club to the extent that then-producer Barry Letts once sent him a box of scripts to keep him quiet.

On winning TV Personality Of The Year, Capaldi says, "I've been very lucky because in the past I've received awards for my acting. This is the first I've received for my personality, which I assume means they've never met me. The reason I've got this award is because I got the chance to play the roll of a lifetime twice. Malcom Tucker in The Thick Of It. And I also got to play Doctor Who. The real people who know the personality of the year are my family - my mother and my sister and my wife who have put with with my personality and endured it to the point that I can get this ".

Comment

The BBC have released a clip from Robot of Sherwood. I don't know how spoilery it is, as I'm not going to watch it.

Comment

Its not that spoilery, just the Doctor being the Doctor...

Comment

‘Doctor Who': Samuel Anderson begins his journey with the Doctor

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/tv/do...the-doctor/#/0

Samuel Anderson found out he’d landed a gig on “Doctor Who” the day after Thanksgiving last year. He was hanging out with friends, listening to loud music and generally relaxing when his agent called. He took the call alone on the balcony and found out he was going to play Danny Pink.

“I went back inside and told my friends ‘Bloody hell, I just got “Doctor Who,”‘” Anderson said during a phone call from England the day before his first episode, “Into the Dalek” was set to debut. “Just then my phone rang again. It was my agent again, who said, ‘Don’t tell anyone.'”

Lucky for Anderson, that momentary slip didn’t hurt him.

“My friends are too cool for spoilers,” he said.

Anderson wasn’t in the first episode of the new season, “Deep Breath,” but that doesn’t mean his character, a math teacher at Coal Hill Secondary School, is a minor one. In fact, Pink is about to become part of the show’s recurring cast of characters, off on the adventures of the Doctor (Peter Capaldi) and his companion, Clara (Jenna Coleman).

The school has been a recurring setting for “Doctor Who” since the classic science-fiction adventure series’ first episode, “An Unearthly Child.” In the 1963 episode, the Doctor’s granddaughter Susan Foreman attends the Coal Hill School while the Doctor (William Hartnell) repairs the TARDIS, and two teachers discover their secret.

The Seventh Doctor (Sylvester McCoy) revisited the school in 1988’s “Remembrance of the Daleks,” and last year’s anniversary special revealed that current companion Clara Oswald is now a history teacher at the school.

Anderson, whose previous credits include “The History Boys” and “Doctors,” has also worked with Coleman; both are alumni of the long-running British soap opera “Emmerdale.” Coleman played Jasmine Thomas, the niece of the local vicar, and Anderson portrayed police officer Ross Kirk. The pair shared several scenes together.

“We got to hang out quite a bit back then,” Anderson said. “But the workload is quite a lot on ‘Doctor Who.’ The Doctor and Clara are in almost every scene.”

[Very slight spoilers]

Spoiler:

Anderson can’t say much about the journeys his character will take with the Doctor, but he did reveal that Pink and the Doctor won’t always see eye to eye.

“There’s a bit of friction that arises between Danny and the Doctor midway through the season,” Anderson said. “And [Danny's knowledge of math] is a tool for that friction.”

So what do Danny and the Doctor disagree about? Mainly Clara, and who has her best interests at heart.

“Danny is an ex-soldier and he’s an ex-soldier for a reason,” Anderson said. “The Doctor isn’t sure about that when they first meet… He’s a bit of an opposite to the Doctor.”

Anderson also says Danny is quite shy, despite his description of being a “lady killer” in his first episode. That said, he isn’t entirely bookish.

“The military training is there when it’s needed,” Anderson said.

As the title of his first episode suggests, the Doctor’s mortal enemies the Daleks figure prominently into Anderson’s first episode. And the actor said that even at the table read of the episode, the alien creatures’ creepiness was undeniable.

“They have a little voice encoder right there for the read-through,” Anderson said. “You hear that voice say, ‘Exterminate! Exterminate!’ and the hairs prick up on the back of your neck. You remember it from being a kid and you want to run.”

Comment

Anyone noticed from the clip
                              Spoiler:
                              the TARDIS door?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                                Anyone noticed from the clip
                                Spoiler:
                                the TARDIS door?
                                We'll have to see if it is the same when the episode airs. As they could have used an alternate take for the promo.
                                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Working...
                                X