X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSG Cast & Crew interviews

{Mod Insert}
    Originally posted by TameFarrar
    Here is a place you will find links to *Other* cast and crew interviews. By other we mean not GW interviews

Please post your links here as no copyrighted material may be reproduced here.

From The Great Link:

Battlestar Galactica talk from James Callis

by Chris Howell
    12 Dec 2005

Click on the link to reveal the spoilers.

An interview with Battlestar Galactica’s James Callis (Gaius Baltar) is in Issue #197 of the UK’s TV Zone Magazine. James talks about his work on the show, as well as the summer finale, 'Pegasus' and upcoming episodes of Season 2:

"I’ve watched a 90 minute cut of ‘Pegasus’, which I think may come out on DVD at some point, but haven’t seen the [TV version of the episode]. I thought the episode was just so exciting and amazing. I was on the edge of my seat by the end and the stand-off between Cain and Adama….Eddie’s intensity kind of bursts through the TV screen, it’s that powerful. And Cain is so hateful that you wanted to thrust your hand through the TV and pulverize her."

Read the full interview in Issue #197 of TV Zone, which includes James’s comments on Baltar being stranded in Kobol earlier in the season; Retrieving information from Sharon, and treating Colonel Tigh as a chump.

Season 2 resumes for stateside viewers on January 6th with 'Resurrection Ship, Part I'. Season 2 premiers for UK viewers (via Sky One) on January 10th, with 'Scattered'.

Last edited by TameFarrar; 13 March 2006, 10:23 AM.
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

January 6th? Dude! I want new episodes now!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

So there is a 90min. cut of Pegasus out there... I suppose we can only hope they'll include it on Season 2.5 DVD set when that is eventually released.

300th POST!!!

Comment

Phooey. I don't want to wait for the 90 minute version to come out on DVD "at some point." I suddenly find myself not looking forward to getting my box set as much.

Congratulations, Mason!

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
          Phooey. I don't want to wait for the 90 minute version to come out on DVD "at some point." I suddenly find myself not looking forward to getting my box set as much.

Congratulations, Mason!
          Thanks, Vee.

now how many more posts until a custom avatar?

BTW, I like the hat...

Comment

Originally posted by MASON
            Thanks, Vee.

now how many more posts until a custom avatar?

BTW, I like the hat...
            I loved wearing the hat. It's good to make a fool of yourself as frequently as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
              I loved wearing the hat. It's good to make a fool of yourself as frequently as possible.
              Couldn't agree more.

Comment

The Scifi World interviews Aaron Douglas

by Gilles Nuytens
                19th December 2005

Click on the link to read the entire interview.

Some excerpts:

Aaron Douglas was born in a suburb of Vancouver called New Westminster and growed up there until he was 10. Then he moved to a town in the interior of the province of British Columbia where he played in high school and community theatre. At age 26, he left his current job and came back to Vancouver to learn the craft of acting at William B. Davis Center for Actors Study (The X-Files "Cigarette smoking man").
                Aaron Douglas has on his filmography movies such as Catwoman, The Chronicles of Riddick, I Robot, X-Men 2 and TV shows such Andromeda, Stargate. But he is most known for his role of Chief Tyrol in the new Battlestar Galactica series.

Gilles Nuytens: How would you like that chief Tyrol evolve in the future, especially his relations with Sharon#2?
                Aaron Douglas: I would like the Chief to be done with Sharon. It is time to move on. I would like to see Tyrol begin to believe in himself a little more and be given more tasks requiring strength and leadership.

Gilles Nuytens: You appear in all episodes of Galactica, except maybe 1 or 2, your character is as important as the main cast so, to your opinion, why don't you have the same status?
                Aaron Douglas: There are so many people in this cast that the network cannot focus on everyone and so marketing is split between the bigger names and the handsome ones. The Chief was a really small character in the beginning and there was no intention of focussing on him at all so anything that comes my way now is a bonus.

Gilles Nuytens: What is your best memory from Galactica?
                Aaron Douglas: There are so many great memories from what we have done till now. One is goofing off with Paul Campbell and Mary and we were laughing so hard we almost ruined take after take after take. If you ever see them ask them about Paul and Aarons made up names for the racehorses she took her husband to see.

Comment

From Cult Times:

More Bang for your (Star)buck

Actress Katee Sackhoff on sex, violence and the unrepentent life of Lt Kara ‘Starbuck’ Thrace

by Steven Eramo

Click on the link to read the rest of the article.
                  Some excerpts:

In Battlestar Galactica’s first season finale Kobol’s Last Gleaming, Lt Kara ‘Starbuck’ Thrace returns to the Cylon-occupied planet of Caprica at the request of President Laura Roslin to retrieve the Arrow of Apollo. The president believes that this ancient artefact will help show them the way to Earth. While on Caprica, Starbuck is reunited with Lt Helo, who has been missing, as well as Lt Sharon ‘Boomer’ Valerii, who turns out to be a Cylon and is now pregnant with Helo’s child. Starbuck ends up stranded with Helo on Caprica when, in the year two opener Scattered, Boomer steals her ship. The lieutenant’s temporary exile on Caprica leads to some new adventures and a brush with the past.

“One of the most challenging scenes for me so far this season was in episode two [Valley of Darkness], where she and Helo [Tahmoh Penikett] just sat there in her old apartment,” recalls Katee Sackhoff, who plays the tough yet emotionally vulnerable Starbuck. “My character is constantly moving. Starbuck doesn’t feel comfortable sitting still or allowing her brain to pause because then she has time to think, especially about the past, and she doesn’t like to do that because that’s where her pain is.

Comment

400 posts, nice!

Comment

Originally posted by MASON
                      400 posts, nice!
                      Is that post just to try to catch up?
                      Freedom is Slavery. Spending is Stimulus. Hope is Change

Comment

Originally posted by madk99
                        Is that post just to try to catch up?
                        maybe

Comment

From shaunomac and S2D (Subject to Discussion internet radio program)

Katee Sackhoff who portrays Kara Thrace/Starbuck has offered to be on for the 10 weeks the new episodes are airing. So of course I took her up on her kind and generous offer of her time.

But if she gains a project during the hiatus, of course I would understand if she cannot be on the whole 10 weeks.

January 3 will be her first appearance, its Tuesday. The program is Subject 2 Discussion heard on http://www.LVROCKS.com click on LISTEN and click on CAM/CHAT.

The segments for the program are as follows: 7pm PT to 8pm PT News to Me/News To you, Political Discussion.

Pop Culture Discussion with Blogcritics.org and now the Battlestar Galactica Discussion with Katee Sackhoff for the last half hour from 8pm PT to 9pm PT

The program is also podcasted:

For those who miss the LIVE program, can join us via podcast with or without an IPOD. If you have an IPOD here is the IPOD rss url:

http://podcasts.lvrocks.com/rss.aspx?channelid=5

If you do not have an IPOD you can still listen to the podcast via this address:

http://podcasts.lvrocks.com/details.aspx?castid=5

By clicking on that address it takes you to a screen where you can pick and choose the previous programs to listen to.

Needless to say I am honored to have her on as many times as possible.

So say we all !!!!

Comment

Sounds interesting - thanks for the info
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

BattlestarGalactica.com Interviews RDM

December 28, 2005

The following is Ron Moore's answers to a series of questions sent on behalf of BattlestarGalactica.com. The staff of BattlestarGalactica.com thanks Ron for this opportunity and wishes him the best for 2006. Ron Moore is executive producer of the critically acclaimed Battlestar Galactica series on the Sci-Fi Channel cable network, which is currently in pre-production for its third season. Battlestar Galactica airs Fridays, and the debut of the second half of season two begins on January 6, 2006.

Click on the link to read the entire interview. Some excerpts:

1. There's speculation that Count Iblis' counterpart in this series is the as-yet-unseen Cylon God. Is there any possibility that elements of the original series "War of the Gods" storyline may weave themselves into the new series?

While I have thought of incorporating the Count Iblis/Ship of Lights mythology from the original show into the series, I've pretty much decided not to go there for now. The theological construct we've been establishing seems more interesting to me at this point and I don't think Iblis will be part of the current show.

2. In the battle scene with the Cylons in "Flight of the Phoenix", some think they see more Vipers than pilots, there is the presence of many Mark 7 Vipers, and the Blackbird is in flight before its maiden voyage. Was this effects shot the victim of a script change or something in the editing room? Was the episode originally intended to appear after the Pegasus encounter?

To be honest, I don't recall the exact number of Vipers in the shot or where we were in the continuity at that point. I do recall the topic coming up in various VFX and production meetings, and I think there was at least an initial rationale for the number on screen -- but it's entirely possible that we cheated a bit in Post in order to make the shot a little sexier. Sorry. It happens.

6. After twenty episodes, many fans have expressed overall fatigue with the Caprica storyline, and were appalled with the idea of idea of revisiting Caprica and Kara's love interest. And yet others seemed eager to explore the soap opera of these doomed characters. Which way will you go with this, and how do you choose who to disappoint?

The show has many different aspects to it and people respond to it for varying reasons, but to me, the Caprica storyline last season was fundamental to the show and so its fallout and ramifications this season continue to interest me. I think that the first season Caprica story definitely had some moments when you could feel us treading water as we tried to figure out where we were going, but I think that the second season tale moved with greater agility and I think it's headed in a good direction.

7. Starbuck's Caprica experience left her even more damaged than before. Are there any more surprises in Starbuck's screwed-up life that we can look forward to?

Oh, definitely. At the end of this season, Kara's life will be virtually nothing like it is now.

11. This series seems to court controversy and push envelopes. In "33", there was a behind the scenes battle over whether or not to show the Colonials firing upon a civilian ship with people on board. In the podcast for "Home, Part 2", you cited butting heads with Standards and Pratices over some lines between Tyrol and Adama. There have been other controversial scenes this season such as Kara Thrace's pelvic exam in "The Farm", Adama drowning a baby in "Valley of Darkness" and the sexual assault on Sharon in "Pegasus". At what point does the creative impetus run up against practical concern about viewer backlash?

We make an adult show for adults. I think that the vast majority of people watching our show know the kind of material we do at this point and have made a choice to watch it. I push the show as far as I think it should go and I fight to maintain the truth of what we do day and day out. Each of the scenes you cited was something I felt strongly about for creative reasons and I'd fight each of those battles over again if I had the choice (and probably fight even harder the second time around).

14. We're now approaching the second anniversary of the airing of the miniseries. Do you think you've succeeded in what you set out to achieve with Battlestar Galactica?

To be honest, we've achieved more than I could have hoped for two years ago. I always believed in what we were doing, always believed it was going to work, but if you'd told me in 2003 that in 2005 Time would name the show the number one television show on the air, I wouldn't have believed a word of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X