X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGM running out of fund???

Did anybody notice that the meeting table used in Atlantis
    is the exactly same table in SG-1 Season 6 Disclosure?
    Just thought it was kinda weird...

I'm sure they just like to re-use props. If you watch carefully, you can see many props appear in multiple episodes. For example, the ancient control panel device in Camelot is the same one as in Window of Opportunity as the time loop device.
    An avacado a day keeps everyone away if you have good enough aim.

Comment

Originally posted by PizzaCelebration
      I'm sure they just like to re-use props. If you watch carefully, you can see many props appear in multiple episodes. For example, the ancient control panel device in Camelot is the same one as in Window of Opportunity as the time loop device.
      Exactly! This is a business, afterall. If things can be reused, they reuse them. And why not, if they serve the intended function?
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

In fact they mentioned that there was one room that was used for the infirmery, Daniel's office, Sam's lab, bed chambers and several other things. =0)

Comment

Originally posted by Cherriey
          In fact they mentioned that there was one room that was used for the infirmery, Daniel's office, Sam's lab, bed chambers and several other things. =0)
          It's all in the decorating and dressing it up.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I think if it weren't for Sony buying MGM last year, SG-1 would be entering it's 10 year, the series would've ended after Season 8 (the cast and crew though the show was done after season 8 was done shooting, and Amanda Tapping was happy when she got pregnant, she thought the show was done, and {she thought} she had a lot of time to spend with her kid. How do I know the stuff about Amanda, She said it in a magazine article a while back (like 2-3 months ago).
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
              I think if it weren't for Sony buying MGM last year, SG-1 would be entering it's 10 year, the series would've ended after Season 8 (the cast and crew though the show was done after season 8 was done shooting, and Amanda Tapping was happy when she got pregnant, she thought the show was done, and {she thought} she had a lot of time to spend with her kid. How do I know the stuff about Amanda, She said it in a magazine article a while back (like 2-3 months ago).
              Well I'm sure glad she decided to come back to us.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by PizzaCelebration
                And it was the control panel for the Ancient device on Dakara in Reckoning.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I noticed that in one episode the table is there in the conferance room, the other episode they are sitting at sepearte banches. It changes from time to time. Really weird. What is the point of constantly changing the props in a room?
                  Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                    I noticed that in one episode the table is there in the conferance room, the other episode they are sitting at sepearte banches. It changes from time to time. Really weird. What is the point of constantly changing the props in a room?
                    To keep us guessing.

Maybe they change the props just to give some freshness here and there. Instead of the same basic stuff, a little variety goes a long way. And who's to say that they constantly use the same exact meeting room? there could be multiple briefing rooms available.

And if you ever go on a set tour, i'm sure you're not going to find 15 or so separate rooms for different settings. If a room can be re-used, they will re-use it, albeit with different props and decorating. It only saves time and money in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                      And it was the control panel for the Ancient device on Dakara in Reckoning.
                      Continuity

Comment

Originally posted by Cherriey

Imagine if they used it for all those things at the same time. Could make for a very interesting scene.
                        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Studios re-use props and set-pieces all the time.

One of most the famous examples of this is from Star Trek. The bottom of the transporters in Star Trek were re-used as the top of the transporters in Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Comment

Actors are reused as well. The tollan nareem in sg1 is also weir's husband in atlantis. The Cimmerian in Thor's Chariot s2 who follows o'neill and teal'c around is also Zipacna's 1st prime in Summit and Last Stand s5. In 1969 s2 the person who plays lieutenant hammond also plays an air force sergant or wotever in Lockdown s8.

Comment

That's why Stargate has so many recurring characters because there is a limited pool of actors in Canada

Comment

Working...
                              X