This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients--Love 'um or Hate 'um

They ancients seem to have the ability to sit around and do nothing to interfere with us. They should know that we know the ori are in our galaxy on a quest to destroy them. Were caught in the middle of their "ancient" war and still they sit and do nothing. The priors come and are taking troops to fight the war and they do nothing. We know of a weapon that Merlin built, do they help. They made this galaxy their home and now someones trashing it and still they do nothing. I don't know about you but I'm starting to hate 'um

Well, if they did interfer & wipe out the ri, Doci, Priors, Soldiers, Toilets of Doom, etc, then we'd have no enemies to confront & Stargate would get increasingly more boring.

Hey, let's go Kick some ori Butt!
    The Ori were all destroyed, Colonel Mitchell.
    Ohh... let's go Kick some Goa'uld Butt then!
    They to were defeated.
    Ohh.. Replic...
    They were also defeated
    Let's just go play golf through the Gate then...
    Oi! I do that!
    You left the Show... I mean you were promoted to Homeworld security!
    Indeed, you were O'Neill...
    Dang it...

(sorry for the smilie abuse, these things are cool!).

Comment

I'm not saying destroy them bu tthey could help a little maybe make an appearence perhaps this is their war were stuck in

Comment

Well one did de-ascend to help create the vaccination against the ori plague.

Comment

Yeah, I suppose. But the Alterans seem to like to screw us over alot. (The Ori, The Wraith, teh
          Spoiler:
          Asurans
          , etc). The reason I think they don't interfeer is not because they don't want to but they aren't alowwed to. The way I see it is that they ruled by a corrupt dictatoral leader (possibility an Ori) that has corrupt underling Ascended Alterans that inforce the unjust law, you break the law, you de-ascend or die or whatnot. Oma, Orlin & the others are a part of a underground resistance movement that finds loopholes & such to help us. Anyway, that's only my 2 cents (or pence, cos I'm British).

-Edit- The deascended Alteran was named Orlin btw. Just to help clarrify things.

Comment

I think the only reason he de-asended to help with the plage was because of his feelings for Carter and once again it's their war. The Ori vs the Ancients. We may not know really how they started it but they started it the ori are comming to destroy them and were just in the way and where are they in all this. Also I would think Atlantis might have more informantion about the ori somewhere in their databanks and where are they in all this

Comment

Eventually, I think the Ancients are going to have to take a stand in this struggle. IMO, that is how the Ori will ultimately be dealt with. But for now, I don't like them all that much. They're letting us be slaughtered.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Most of them I would have to compare with the Sith... Just think about them selfs...

McKay: Crap.
                Hermiod: What did you do?
                McKay: I just ran it through a translation program. It's Wraith.
                Hermiod: Crap, indeed.

Comment

I like to think that they're already dealing with it and that the reason we see very few Ancients is because they're slowly gridlocking against the invading O'ri by taking them on 1 on 1 somewhere between the two galaxies, this is similiar to the Oma and Anubis squaring it off.

Comment

Hopefully once the Sangral is found and used it will annihalate both the Alterrans/Ancients and the Ori so that we won't have to deal with their (Ancients) crap anymore. Or maybe we threaten them into fixing the problems they left behind and then erase them anyway. Prolly wouldn't work, but they certainly deserve to be screwed over as much as they have screwed us over.

Comment

I like the Ancients a lot less than I used to. Once, in the days of Fifth Race and even as late as Redemption, they were these mysterious beings so far beyond our ken that the mighty Asgard didn't know all there was to know about them. For the past couple of years though both of the Stargate shows have demystified them and made them into legalistic and petty humans-with-better-tech-than-us.

The Ori are a good development in the arc of the Ancients, IMO. Now that we know what the Ori are, it gives the Ascended Ancients a reason to be so Prime Directive fixated, and makes them seem less selfish.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                      X