This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
    Trying to actually repair Ancient technology with human equipment would be like trying to repair a top-grade Forumla 1 racing tire with the earliest stone wheel.
    Not quite

Comment

Originally posted by V-MAN
      Not quite
      Given the differences in technology level between Area 51 and the Ancients, I think that's an apt description.

Another example would be to look at the difference between the SGC's dialing computer and the DHD. The DHD is phenomonially more powerful, but in a much smaller and more durable package.
      sigpic
      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

And McKay has practically repaired the heavily damaged Orion, but could he build one? No way! We don't have the materials and industrial knowledge to build one, just how to jerry-rig the old technolegy.

Definition of a Gunslinger

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
          Given the differences in technology level between Area 51 and the Ancients, I think that's an apt description.

Another example would be to look at the difference between the SGC's dialing computer and the DHD. The DHD is phenomonially more powerful, but in a much smaller and more durable package.
          just like a Genie unmeasurable infinite power iddy biddy little space

I htink its about time they let us start creating and understanding more advanced tech provided its not too powerfull it seems stupid that we have access to the whole ancient database and we cant do aquat with it
          the very young do not always do as they are told...

you blow up one star and suddenly everyone expects you to be able to walk on water... next parting the red sea

Comment

Working...
          X