This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asgard go to other galaxies "by hand"

remember when o'neill went to the asgards in fifth race, and after they removed the ancient knowledge from his mind, the asgard activated the gate to MW just by waving his hand(or something like that)...

maybe they activate the gates just by concentrating...

or maybe the gate had to have a big power source(not necesarely a zpm) so it could establish the conection between 2 galaxies etc...

my question is why won't the asgards give us power sources like that? so we could dial pegasus anytime we want etc...

sometimes ASSguards do suck...
    http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

Because then if Atlantis was ever in immident danger from the Wraith or
    Spoiler:
    Asurans (replicater predessesors)
    then Earth could just send over the Daedelus, Odysseus and other new ships found & blast them away. BOOM! There goes the excitment & tension for ya! Down fall the ratings... Weeeeeeeeeeee! Splat! Basicly TPTB don't want to give us too much of an advantage. Also, if they gave us Superb FTL engines, we could zip over to Orthella (Asgard home planet?), blast them a bit, then zoom away. Yay! Of course we wouldn't do that but the Asgard are paranioid, as are the Tollan and look what happened to them! Boom!

Comment

I think he had a remote gate dialler or something and their power sources are possibly kind of bigger then the Ancients...plus humans could potentially destroy themselves with such advanced power sources. Hyperdrive engines and Asgard shields are purely defensive by nature so the chances of humanity killing itself with such devices is kind of low.

Edit: Also its Asgard, not guard.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I belive this is a technology owned by the members of the four races since the same ability was used by Lya the Nox in the original Tollan Episode. Plus apparantly Apophis had a device that could do this aswell since this is the reason how he escaped back to his homeworld in The Children of the Gods at the beginning of the episode.
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

SIGH

The Asgard's role isn't just to give us all the technology we require. The reason the Asgard have given us hyperdrive and shielding tech is because:

1) In the event the Asgard are unable to watch over the protected planets in the MW, at least Earth has some capacity to help.

2) If they didn't give us hyperdrive tech, we would of got it from Goa'uld vessels and reverse engineered. The Asgard would probably rather that if we base our technology on anything, it's theirs not Goa'uld (or wraith for that matter).

3) They are trying to culture us into being a race that is empathetic to other races but not just 'come and save the day with technology'. We could of given the Kelownans jet engines, SAMs, advanced radar, stealth technology etc, but we didn't. The Asgard would know that giving power sources gives a us a way to build more powerful weapons, and they would not want to be the ones to give us the technology to build powerful weapons that we could weild over others.

Comment

I also remember Cassie having something like that in the end of the episode "1969". It was a jewel thing on her hand, but it worked the same way, automatically establishing a worm hole without having to dial.

Comment

Problem is all of or ships got destroyed tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Antimatter Sam
                Problem is all of or ships got destroyed tonight
                The Odyssey didn`t get destroyed,
                Spoiler:
                we see that ship in S10 episode 1. They`re squaring off against the LA

Comment

Yeah, I thought i saw a thread like this somewhere else, the agreement there was that it was a tech. that belonged to the allience. There are different versions of a stargate (Atlantis v. SG-1) so changes in technology must have occured, the ability to control a stargate without a DHD was prolly just an upgrade distributed to the allience members - no reason to give it to anyone else.

Also, the Asgard are aprehensive to give us technology as is, they don't want us to destroy ourselves or anything. Their attemps were simply to jump start our space program and tech level, not to overnight lift us to the same level of them. We wouldn't be able to understand anything they'd be giving us (we already have an Asgard to help us out with the technical stuff on our ships). We should develop for ourselves, albeit slow, at least then we won't be flying around in ships totally ripped off another species, then we'd be like the Gould (without the violent stealing, etc.)
                  Long live the Asgard

Long live my buddy Thor

Comment

all the races which exhibit this tech (apart from guld) probably invented the remote activation themselves probably not tooo hard to queeze a DHD into something smaller like a column for instance as most of the DHD is just a power source - put that else where ie power soucre for an entire city like on the asgard homeworld and have a thought activation system (asgard seem to be able to communicate with computers quite easily what with all the downloading and such)

Comment

Interesting, but don't forget that since that episode, even though the Asgard have got better relations with the SGC, they've suffered some major setbacks, and probably are having to rebuild all those fancy power sources again. I doubt they'd want to share something thats so rare at the moment. It wouldn't suprise me if in later seasons the SGC managed to implement some kind of remote dialer for the stargates, although it wouldn't be as small as the Asgard one I think.

Comment

Perhaps we could have an episode in which Baal uses his virius to make all normal DHDs inoperable and this means we either get ginven a portable DHD or have to reverse engineer one.
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
                        X