This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Teyla

Just had an awesome idea.... I think we can all agree that out of all the characters on SGA Teyla has the hottest fighting style. As a result of this I'd love to see a superhuman Teyla episode. Maybe something like those arm bands that made SG-1 super?

It'd be cool... she could board Wraith vessels and beat the crap out of everyone and then cause it to explode somehow...

*shrugs*

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by thenimf
    Just had an awesome idea.... I think we can all agree that out of all the characters on SGA Teyla has the hottest fighting style. As a result of this I'd love to see a superhuman Teyla episode. Maybe something like those arm bands that made SG-1 super?

It'd be cool... she could board Wraith vessels and beat the crap out of everyone and then cause it to explode somehow...

*shrugs*

What do you guys think?
    TBH, I dont think she would need one of them

Comment

Originally posted by thenimf

*shrugs*

What do you guys think?
      Perhaps by using her huge fists to punch a gaping hole in the side of the Hive ship causing decompression could cause it to explode & show us all just how super her fighting style is. They have already done that element with Ford, then again in 'The Lost Boys' & 'The Hive' with Teyla & Ronon, so reusing it yetagain with another major character would just be completely bland & unimaginitive.

Out of all the characters on SGA, we have only seen a handful, I'm sure there are Koreans, Brazilians, Chinese & Japanese & who are trained in Martial Arts would have to disagree with that statement & I would second it. From the main team Shep isn't trained in hand to hand, simply because he was a pilot by trade, McKay was a geeky lab scientist. That only left Ford & Teyla from S1, seeing him do the Judo move in 'The Brotherhood' makes me like his style more. In S2 Dex has come on board, & to be honest his style is mainly down to brute strength. Which is something I aim for when training as well. So when he lifted Michael off the ground with one hand on his throat. That made it for me!

Teyla seems accomplished with simple weaponary, but when she went up against the Wraith in 'Suspicion', she came out second best. Whereas Dex or Super Ford seem to hold their own very well in that department. Therefore to me it's the style that gets the job done in the end that gets the thumbs up, not how pretty it looks.

Comment

get teyla to sleep with Sheppard or Ronan Dex bet she's gaggin for it

Comment

Hmmm.....Well I think I like where your going...because if anyone remembers 'Rising' when her and Shep are running through the woods as the Wraith came....you literally see Teyla jump 3 feet in the air. I was like what the hell kind of 'gummy beary juice' has she been drinking. It was some crazy jump over a log and she didn't even lose an ounce of breath...while you see John huffing and puffing and looking like he's about to collapse.

I would also like to see a part where she takes control of a hive ship or at least a cruiser...she doesn't know how to fly them but she does have the gene that might be able to power it..I was wondering why they never had her take a seat in it, during 'Lost Boys'.

If anything I'd just like to see her jump again and land on her feet like she did in 'Rising' it was way freaky to watch.

VB
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Hm..Super Teyla..I love the sound of that!

icon pic thanks Cathain Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
              Perhaps by using her huge fists to punch a gaping hole in the side of the Hive ship causing decompression could cause it to explode & show us all just how super her fighting style is. They have already done that element with Ford, then again in 'The Lost Boys' & 'The Hive' with Teyla & Ronon, so reusing it yetagain with another major character would just be completely bland & unimaginitive.

Out of all the characters on SGA, we have only seen a handful, I'm sure there are Koreans, Brazilians, Chinese & Japanese & who are trained in Martial Arts would have to disagree with that statement & I would second it. From the main team Shep isn't trained in hand to hand, simply because he was a pilot by trade, McKay was a geeky lab scientist. That only left Ford & Teyla from S1, seeing him do the Judo move in 'The Brotherhood' makes me like his style more. In S2 Dex has come on board, & to be honest his style is mainly down to brute strength. Which is something I aim for when training as well. So when he lifted Michael off the ground with one hand on his throat. That made it for me!

Teyla seems accomplished with simple weaponary, but when she went up against the Wraith in 'Suspicion', she came out second best. Whereas Dex or Super Ford seem to hold their own very well in that department. Therefore to me it's the style that gets the job done in the end that gets the thumbs up, not how pretty it looks.
              You forget that the main gender demographic for Sci-Fi shows is straight males, lonely straight males. This means that a hot broad running around exerting any kind of energy is results in higher ratings.

Plus, I, and a lot of people, have an appreciation for the aesthetics involved with more agile subjects, as opposed to those that are just brutely strong. If you want something that's just a brute we'd just had an ogre on the show.

See,
              Seven of Nine, Star Trek Voyager
              Andromeda
              The female cast of Buffy
              The female cast of Battlestar Galactica (and the subsequent sex change of Starbucks)
              The list goes on.

So yeah, part of having a character like Teyla is more than just a convenient or believable plot device for a local from Pegasus, it's sex appeal, and Teyla has a lot of it. If you want a show where people fight each other with brute force, effectively, maybe Stargate isn't it?

Comment

let ronon shine.

Comment

The more and more I sit and watch Teyla the more and more she reminds me of a a crazy hybrid of Storm/Xena/Wonder Woman....crazy...she sings and does flips like Xena, she fights like Wonder Woman and pretty much has the attitude of Storm...

Teyla is the combination of every young boys wet dream when they used to read comics and a few older gentlemen who love sci-fi...

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                    The more and more I sit and watch Teyla the more and more she reminds me of a a crazy hybrid of Storm/Xena/Wonder Woman....crazy...she sings and does flips like Xena, she fights like Wonder Woman and pretty much has the attitude of Storm...

Teyla is the combination of every young boys wet dream when they used to read comics and a few older gentlemen who love sci-fi...

Which is why when you search for Stargate Atlantis wallpapers 50% of them are of Teyla.... 30% of Weir, Chaya and Sheppard and 10% for the rest.

Comment

I'd like to see how big of a bodycount she could rack up using blades instead of sticks.

Better yet, LIGHTSABERS!

Comment

lol i wanna see more flesh of her bet she's got some right nice tit's

(typical Teenager tbh)

Comment

^There yah go!^

Although I think your right thenimf....even though I hope she's more than just a pretty face with a great body that can be a b*llcr*sher at the same time with a larger than average chest. I think this is why I loved the Aurora episode so much she had a brain and she was far from afraid to use it. It was wicked to watch..she could be smart as well.

Comment

While I do agree on more Teyla in S3...I don`t really think this is the way to go. Do we really need to see another character go "superhuman" in order to be "tough"? I mean...we have Teal`c and his symbiote, Ford on the enzyme, the bracelets that made SG1 kick ass, and we already suspect there`s something more to Ronon`s strenght than "big and strong" ...personally I`m more impressed with Teyla this way.

Her moves are wonderful to watch and we are lead to believe that her fighting skills are all she relies upon. It`s pretty impressive if you ask me, a lot more impressive than, say, having her eat the spinache and go "popeye" on the Wraith.

On top of that, let`s not forget that Teyla is also a diplomat and a leader to her people which I think is a much more interesting side of her to explore than "let`s get ready to rumble".
                            Teal'c: I am loyal to the Tau'ri.
                            Simmons: Why should I believe you?
                            Teal'c: If I were still loyal to the Goa'uld, you would know it.
                            Simmons: Really?
                            Teal'c: It would become immediately apparent, as I would not hesitate to kill you where you sit.

Comment

i think that in the future they should do more eps about Teyla, her past , her skillls as a leader/warriors and wraith abilities. she's a great character who deserves more screen time. Not that i wouldn't mind watching Rachel luttrell play volleyball.
                              Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Working...
                              X