This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Staff Weapon

Is it just me or does the ori staff weapon look like it was cobbled together from parts bought a walmart? How do you fire the things anyway it seems to be just a smooth tube, the Jaffa staff weapons have at least the appearance of a firing stud in the hand grip.
    Now would you kindly get out of your god's face.

Infact i recon you fire it by useing your mind and probably a need a spcecial gene to do it, as little security measure.

Comment

I would like to see it fold down, just like Andromeda, if purely for the reasons; that it looks cool, and would at least differentiate them a bit more from the Jaffa.
      "I'm not crazy. I just have another consciousness in my brain."

Firefly/Serenity Fans checkout:
      http://www.intotheblack.ca/
      Click ME >>>> My 3d Models" <<<<Click ME

Comment

I think that they look very interesting but will eventually get replaced by a more aimable weapon. unless the Ori start guideing the Staffs shots to where they want them to go.

Comment

Originally posted by TsukuYomi
          How do you fire the things anyway
          The power of positive thinking, my friend.

The power of positive thinking.

Comment

I did like the lance from andromeda. Aimable weapons would be better an army of prior fanatics against an army of Jaffa after a three day battle no casuralties due to bad aim.
            Now would you kindly get out of your god's face.

Comment

Originally posted by TsukuYomi
              Is it just me or does the ori staff weapon look like it was cobbled together from parts bought a walmart? How do you fire the things anyway it seems to be just a smooth tube, the Jaffa staff weapons have at least the appearance of a firing stud in the hand grip.
              First off, they oughta be called the Ori Staves. Stave is just another word for staff anyway, but its meant make it different from the Goa'uld/Jaffa versions.

Second, there's already another thread about this.

Third, its more advanced as these would be the original design by the Ancients/Ori and is probably controlled by thought rather than a trigger. Unlike the Goa'uld knock-offs which are nowhere near as advanced.
              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                First off, they oughta be called the Ori Staves. Stave is just another word for staff anyway, but its meant make it different from the Goa'uld/Jaffa versions.

Second, there's already another thread about this.

Third, its more advanced as these would be the original design by the Ancients/Ori and is probably controlled by thought rather than a trigger. Unlike the Goa'uld knock-offs which are nowhere near as advanced.
                We will soon find out in the next season hopefully *crosses fingers for a Jaffa Ori warrior ground battle*

Also don't know but the Ori stave blast looked like it was extremely painful when it hit that lady.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Please don't remind me of how TPTB seems to like either forgetting about or killing off the hot girls.

Denya is just the latest victim...

Anyhow, Im guessing the Ori Warrior's armor should be strong too, despite looking primitive. For all we know... it could be as strong as those of Kull Warriors. But we'll find out.
                  http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                    Please don't remind me of how TPTB seems to like either forgetting about or killing off the hot girls.

Denya is just the latest victim...

Anyhow, Im guessing the Ori Warrior's armor should be strong too, despite looking primitive. For all we know... it could be as strong as those of Kull Warriors. But we'll find out.
                    I would have to think you're right about their armor. I wouldn't think that Ori would like to lose a bunch of their followers aka their batteries.

I wonder if the Ori soldiers will have bad aim like the Jaffa because the nature of their weapons. I suppose like the Jaffa the weapons are more meant to inspire fear than actually shoot straight. I do miss the Staff weapon openning sound.

Comment

they remind me of the preditor staffs, you know what i mean, they have the sharp point to impale you on dont forget so they are already above the staff weapons in melee. plus there is a trigger, there is a leather grip with a purple crystel in the centre of the staff seperating the lance part and the pitchfork head.
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

They amy look primitive and simple but they do more damage and the shots look better than the Jaffa staff weapons

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
                          They amy look primitive and simple but they do more damage and the shots look better than the Jaffa staff weapons
                          How do you know they do more damage?

Spoiler:

It took more than one shot to kill Ceevus(sp) and his saucy wench. A staff blast at that range would've cause instantanious death. Also, there didn't appear to be any burns left behind. Even if the first staff blast doesn't kill you, blood loss and infection would certainly so you in.

Of course, despite that, the Ori staff weapon will pwnzer the Jaffa's, even though, based on what I saw in "Crusade" the Jaffa staff weapon is superior.

Comment

ok i dont think its controled by mind
                            that would mean that they all need a ceritain gene or a advanced mind

plus... having mind controled guns is a dumb Idea

example:
                            what the ori soldiers are in camp, they get in a argument and one of the soilders is holding there staff and he thinks about shooting the guy he's arguing with and boom! the weapon goes off
                            Click the link to learn the Goa'uld language
                            Lo tak meta satak oz

Comment

They could put windows confirmation screens.

+-----------------------------+

Would You Like To Fire?

(Yes) (No)
                              (I Want A Turkey Sandwich)

+-----------------------------+

Comment

Working...
                              X