The Laura Roslin/Mary McDonnell Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toll Verliebt
    I've always loved Laura. She's just an amazing character! She got up and she did what had to be done, she wasn't intimidated my Adama, which, frankly, is freakin amazing considering I'm intimidated by him. He's from a TV show and I'm intimidated by him.
    Spoiler:

I liked that Laura airlocked the cylon. It was unexpected and it really showed what Laura was willing to do for the fleet and the survival of the human race. The same with Cain, she could tell that Cain was going to be bad news for the fleet and so she tried to do what she could for the fleet. Personally, I also think that a couple of other people should be airlocked/assinated but that's another thread entirely.

I loved in LDYB it showed a new side of Laura. The side where she was nervous and she gets the giggles, very human and very cute.

I loved the fact Laura isn´t so alone any more. The giggles were great, funny but I loved especially the interaction between both characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
      Nah, Roslin and Bartlet are way, waaayy better than Allen.

What other presidents are there?
      President David Palmer from “24". I’d vote for him. Don’t watch those other 2 shows.

So what do y’all think about what happened in Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 2?

Spoiler:
      That she would go so far as to knowingly rig an election in order to protect the fleet. I mean advocating Cain’s assassination still tops that, but Roslin has played the democracy card very often when butting heads with Adama. For her to just toss those democratic ideals out the airlock was a little of a shock. I didn’t think she knew about or condoned what Tory did, but then when she admitted to Adama what they had done.... That was a great scene between those two, btw.

Not that I think any less of Roslin, but even Baltar didn’t believe she had it in her to do such a thing.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Poor Roslin, she was stuck in such a bad situation in LDBY pt 2.
        Spoiler:
        She was losing an election to a man that she's convinced was either a cylon or working with the cylons. And there was no way to alert the general public because 1) she has no proof, 2) she did choose to have him as VP, and many people wouldn't believe that she only found out about him recently, and in a vision/dream no less, and 3) many voters would see it as just slander.

So not only did Roslin think that Baltar would just be bad as the leader of the colonies, but she was convinced that if he won he would be turning the colonies over to the cylons. And she felt that she couldn't tell anyone about it, not even Adama, until it was too late.

If I was in her shoes, knowing what she knows about Baltar, I would have gone to the ends of the earth to prevent his election, even if it meant rigging the voting. I don't believe in screwing up the democratic process just to keep a "bad leader" out of power, but I have no problem with tweaking things if you are convinced that the opponent is not just a bad leader but secretly a traitor.

Comment

Well about LDYB 2...
          Spoiler:
          Your right Lonestar 1836, this definitly didn't top the whole Admiral Cain incident! And of course, she knew Tory had a plan, she just did not know the extent of it, as she said to Adama. And, yes, that whole scene between those two was great!!! Fabulous job by both actors, especially Mary!! And I will agree w/ Adama, had she gone ahead with the fixed election and not said anything, it would have torn her up inside. Because she would have known she decieved the people and lied to them, she is such a good hearted person. It is going to be interesting to see how things develop in season 3!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
            Poor Roslin, she was stuck in such a bad situation in LDBY pt 2.
            Spoiler:
            She was losing an election to a man that she's convinced was either a cylon or working with the cylons. And there was no way to alert the general public because 1) she has no proof, 2) she did choose to have him as VP, and many people wouldn't believe that she only found out about him recently, and in a vision/dream no less, and 3) many voters would see it as just slander.

So not only did Roslin think that Baltar would just be bad as the leader of the colonies, but she was convinced that if he won he would be turning the colonies over to the cylons. And she felt that she couldn't tell anyone about it, not even Adama, until it was too late.

If I was in her shoes, knowing what she knows about Baltar, I would have gone to the ends of the earth to prevent his election, even if it meant rigging the voting. I don't believe in screwing up the democratic process just to keep a "bad leader" out of power, but I have no problem with tweaking things if you are convinced that the opponent is not just a bad leader but secretly a traitor.
            Problems.....we already know about Adama´s belief in dreams and Laura was the one who chose Baltar in the first place. She has to go for Zarek. I donñt believe Zarek would be a traitor to the Colonies.

I can´t wait to see the episodes

Comment

A few of us at the A/R thread thought that this lovely thread need to be resurrected!!! so with our further ado.....

Comment

Originally posted by k8tbug1
                A few of us at the A/R thread thought that this lovely thread need to be resurrected!!! so with our further ado.....

Hehe, there you are!!!

Meaning, you and I *grins*
                And now I've a place to ramble about my Mary Movie Marathon. lol. MMM. hehe. oh I think the cold medication kicked in right now *giggles*

Spoiler:

Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean
                  Hehe, there you are!!!

Meaning, you and I *grins*
                  And now I've a place to ramble about my Mary Movie Marathon. lol. MMM. hehe. oh I think the cold medication kicked in right now *giggles*

Spoiler:

Awww a Mary thread! *huggles thread and k8t for starting it and billy for being here*

Wonderful pic! She's got such a cute smile!

Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                    Awww a Mary thread! *huggles thread and k8t for starting it and billy for being here*

Wonderful pic! She's got such a cute smile!

Spoiler:
                    *hugs back* already loving it here

*melts away*

and cos this belongs here, too

made by twilight_mash all credit goes to her!

Comment

*hugs back* already loving it here

*melts away*

and cos this belongs here, too

made by twilight_mash all credit goes to her!
                      *jaw hits table* *jealous* I want those legs *cries*

Some happy cuteness
                      sigpic

Comment

So loving all the pretty pics!!! If anyone hasn't already checked out this site, this is a great MM site!!!

http://socket-52.com/marymcdonnell/mainpage.html

*giggles* I just love that "Laura w/ an attitude pic"

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                          *jaw hits table* *jealous* I want those legs *cries*

Some happy cuteness
                          *grins* I remember an interview where she or the interviewer mentioned her legs and that she was sth. like a young Esther Williams doing Water Ballett or st. like that can't really remember but it was funny

Really cute. I liked that scene very much. all were just so happy

Comment

So loving all the pretty pics!!! If anyone hasn't already checked out this site, this is a great MM site!!!

http://socket-52.com/marymcdonnell/mainpage.html

*giggles* I just love that "Laura w/ an attitude pic"
                            You can bet I know that site!!! great site really!!!

*giggles* "Don't frak with me!" hehe, oh girl I loved her saying "frak" in the last eps. lol

Comment

You can bet I know that site!!! great site really!!!

*giggles* "Don't frak with me!" hehe, oh girl I loved her saying "frak" in the last eps. lol

OMG!!! I sooo loved that part!!! And who she said it to...ROFLMAO!!!!

Comment

OMG!!! I sooo loved that part!!! And who she said it to...ROFLMAO!!!!
                                "Why don't you go frak yourself?" *gigglefit* best line ever!!! Not to mention that was a direct hit at his lovelife XD

Comment

Working...
                                X