This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Similarities-Spoilers if you dont have Sci-Fi

Did anybody notice that both stargate episodes had the same theme. Both of them had an entity that was terrorizing the base. They both ended up going to some desert at the end of the show. Both Black. They were causing the base to malfunction, SG1-Not letting normal operations to continue. Then Atlantis-Draing the zpm power sources....

I thought this friday line was horrible. The shows would of been better if they aired them on diffrerent dates. Though i was dissapointed because it felt i was watching the same show twice except with different backrounds

"Are you trying to tell me that you...built a time machine, out of a Delorean"- Marty Mcfly

I wouldn't think if they aired two of the on different nights would have changed anything for me, i would just think the samething, except that it was on different nights.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

i think thats true, but the fact still remanins that there still the same episodes

"Are you trying to tell me that you...built a time machine, out of a Delorean"- Marty Mcfly

Comment

The Atlantis version was good. The SG1 wasn't so good. Too many plotholes/unanswered questions.

1. Why didn't Anubis go for the BC-303 after lockdown?
        2. Did he get the knowledge of the host? If so, then he has the adress for Atlantis now.
        3. Why would Carter program something she knew she could crack. Stupid. Should've been made a 3-way confirm. O'Neill, Carter and the Dr.

I had more, but can't remember them.

Comment

The part about if Anubis got the knowledge of the host, i would maybe think all he could was get control of the body, but not their memories, but its not like he could have gotten to Atlantis from the SGC, he would have to have more power i guess.

Comment

as for Atlantis, it seems that there are a few months between New Order and Rising, and a short time between New Order and Lockdown. Rising probably still has to happen in SG1-verse.

Comment

Yah i noticed the time difference, since in Atlantis they said they've only been there for a couple/few days, so yah... I think the time will be the same in Episode Home.

Comment

yeah, she being able to break through the different sectors a bit stupid but I also didnt like how she could just turn off the self-destruct by herself in less time then it took O'neill and young Hammond to arm it....doesnt that defeat the purpose of the two key self-destruct

Comment

I was wondering about the samething, but i don't know

Comment

Originally posted by Fonzavitch
                    Did anybody notice that both stargate episodes had the same theme. Both of them had an entity that was terrorizing the base. They both ended up going to some desert at the end of the show. Both Black. They were causing the base to malfunction, SG1-Not letting normal operations to continue. Then Atlantis-Draing the zpm power sources....

I thought this friday line was horrible. The shows would of been better if they aired them on diffrerent dates. Though i was dissapointed because it felt i was watching the same show twice except with different backrounds
                    the ZPMs have been dead for a while. The entity was draining the naquada reactors they use to power lights and other things in the control tower, since they don't have enough power to activate other areas of the city.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by They call me Tim
                      yeah, she being able to break through the different sectors a bit stupid but I also didnt like how she could just turn off the self-destruct by herself in less time then it took O'neill and young Hammond to arm it....doesnt that defeat the purpose of the two key self-destruct
                      That got me too because in the other episodes when self-destruct was activated or any other important thing had been set up they always had to have two officers put there code in to override it..like Jack and General Hammond in that episode I can't remember or Jack and Cromwell in 'A matter of time'

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

here we go off topic

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                          as for Atlantis, it seems that there are a few months between New Order and Rising, and a short time between New Order and Lockdown. Rising probably still has to happen in SG1-verse.
                          Actuall, IIRC, in Lockdown it was mentioned that two months had passed between what we saw in the teaser (before the opening sequence) and the rest of the episode.

So the SG-1 and Atlantis timelines should match right up!
                          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

ummm....well yeah they kinda were the same....but in SG1 we finally found out what happened to Anibus...and in SGA we learned a lot of new things..on of them is that Ancients studies ascention.....(sp?)

Comment

I liked how the ending was kind of a twist and the Ancients didn't come in to save the day after all, but it still leaves the door open for Anubis and that makes me uncomfortable... maybe that was intentional though .

Hey, if he floats real fast maybe he'll make it back home.
                              Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                              more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Working...
                              X