This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient Warship

Maybe there has already been a thread discussing this, and if so I appologize - but I am wondering about the origin of our new ship's actual name, Hippaforalkus, named after the Ancient general. I'm assuming this name can somehow be traced back to Latin, so my first guess is on the first part, Hippa; I know Hippopotomus means "river horse", where hippo means horse. So I'm thinking Hippa here means horse. That's as far as I've gotten, my only idea on that is the fact that it was the name of a general, maybe the idea of a knight somehow being connected to it. Anyone know what the rest (foralkus) could mean?
    ~Draco Astreus

I don't think their is anything major behind the name...just a greeky sounding name...but hey...if anyone knows...the monkeys do
    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

"Hippos" is actually Greek, not Latin. I doubt there's anything special behind the name. How Latin-sounding is "Aiyana", "Moros" and "Melia"?

Comment

Ahh Greek, right hmmm... My dad knows tons of greek, maybe he'll know. Thanks I'll see if I can get something from him.
        ~Draco Astreus

Comment

Just a funny sounding name that's hard to pronounce.

Comment

Working...
          X