X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Yoinking the Ori Satellite'

*Spoiler*

Theres an Ori weapon made by the Rand Protectorate right, but now that the Caledonians and Rand have now efficiently excecuted genocide on each other through a nuclear holocaust, couldn't the Odyssey bag the sattelite and send it back to Earth so that we can analyse it's sheilds and weapons? Finally we may have an answer to equipping the Odyssey, Daedalus and other Terran ships to stand a chance against the Ori using their own weapons. It would make perfect sense.

That's why it won't happen, it makes sense. We always loose out in getting things like this, ships, weapons, technology we either give them back, they get stolen or have to be destroyed for some reason. How come the Gould never had this problem when they were out there scarfing up technology?

Comment

because the goa/uld are the bad guys, they are allowed to scavange tech easily.
      Otherwise we would not have to outwit them so often.

Comment

because it's orbit decayed and it fell into the atmosphere after the nuclear winter maybe
        http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
        The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

And do you really think the Ori would let us take their satelite?

I'm sure it would have some protection against us taking it, then again, who knows, maybe we'll take it the next episode. There is no way to tell right now
          error: signature not found

Comment

maybe we'll see it used against ori ships

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
              maybe we'll see it used against ori ships
              Anything is possible. I know I'd use it if I could in their position.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Why not just build our own in earth orbit, After all got the plans for the device and so we can build one ourselves. Because that would make far to much sense would it now and so we wot but we should.

Comment

Because we haven't the foggiest notion of how it's powered, and we only have a part of the plans, maybe?

Comment

I'd probably be worried that a Prior could use it remotely to attack Earth/whatever is near it.
                    MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Know we put our own command codes in place on ori satelite and use asguard encryption to stop the ori from hacking them and then put sg1 on the thing, it will never get blown up then. We power the damn thing by useing a good naquada generator it was able to power the ancient satalite.

Comment

Yeah, If I had the authority in the stargate universe, I'd have the Odyssey jump into the system launch an EM Bomb to knockout the control system on the planet, steal the Satellite by beaming it aboard the ship and jump back into hyperspace taking the it home, to be disected. Then they could use the advancements to improve their own shields and weapons. Of course, they won't do that. But really... I mean if they were going to destroy it, what moral difference would it make in stealing it? They still could.
                        The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by FireNexus
                          Because we haven't the foggiest notion of how it's powered, and we only have a part of the plans, maybe?
                          A Mark 1 Naquadah generator could power the Ancient sat weapons platform in Pegasus. That cut through a Wraith ship like a hot knife through butter, so don't see power presenting much of a problem to them. Probably it'd deplete after a few shots but I'm sure they could rig a few MKII's to run in series. 1 gets depleted then the other comes online.

The problem is that they never give them the good stuff, from the spoiers for 'Caemlot' when see Carter repairing something in space, that could be an Ancient sat that they get. However when Daedalus swung by, I'm sure it could have got Hermy to modify some sort of tractor beam or winch then towed it back to Earth, then simply upgraded it with their own tech. By doing this they could allow it to fire multiple shots etc without having to recharge for minutes on end. Although this would make it too easy because it'd take out any enemy ships that threaten Earth. Although this could provide a perfect scenaro, Earth finally gets a weapons that nobody can withstand, it finally seems like it's totally safe, then they have someone come along & tear the crap out of it. Like an Ori enhanced world that has spacefaring capabilities who are out to rid the galaxy of non believers. Only the Drones in Antartica save the day at the end. Which gets totally depleted after firing it's last salvo of Drones to take out the enemy ship. That would be a cool episode.

Comment

I would not bring it back to earth maybe an off world base. I mean the Orii had a hand in making it. It could have a fail safe like the death gliders and back fire on earth. I think they should try and get a complete set of plans or take the sat to an off world site for study. Only propblem remember they are not sure what powers the sat or any of the Orii technology
                            "A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject"

Comment

There is a pic of Carter from 'Camelot' repairing something in space which is tan coloured. Is it possible this is the Rand Satellite and that we did pinch it?
                              Spoiler:
                              What if the Asgard, Jaffa, and Tau`ri ships that engage the Ori forces are just a delaying tactic while SG-1 get the satellite online to defend Chulak. Possible?

Comment

Working...
                              X