This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Starship Design Thread

It's been a while since I've seen a ship thread on here. So anyone who has designs/ideas for battleships, support craft or fighters post them here. Common sense rules apply. I don't want to see anything like this:

"My ship will be 10km long. It can carry 300 Death Stars in it's hangar(or 3 Billion f302s and 500 000 jumpers). It's equiped with 4 million Trinity cannons and 5 Gazillion drones. It's powered by 500 ZPM;s and 5 black holes and 1 Hamster in a threadwheel. It's captained by Captains Kirk,Picard, JAneway, Sisko, Archer, Hunt and Keys. It is also captained by Vin Diesel. It has two A.I.'s-Romie(from Andromeda) and Cortana.
    It also carries 1 million Spartan II super soldiers, 3 million tanks and 11Billion nukes. It's shields can withstand the combined force of 10 supernovas every second. It's hyperdrive allows it to get to Atlantis from Earth in exactly 0.00004 nanoseconds. ANd naturally it's main weapon can destroy the UNiverse. "

Please in the name of all that is holy,logical and scientific-don't post things like that!I've seen way too many.

ALso I'm thinking more about ships in the near future than say 30 years from now.
    Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
    +
    Join the Adeptus Astartes

Well, he is a IMHO damn nice concept:
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=27874
    It is NOT by me, just from someone i know from the net.

Comment

I looked it over-it's really cool. You should post the link again when it's completely finished so we can all oogle it and wish it was kicking wraith butt lol.
      Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
      +
      Join the Adeptus Astartes

Comment

Even better, i proded Alnair already to post it here in fan art, and he will when its finished

Comment

Why not???

Just kidding.

I kinda thought are ships were similar to Asgard design (without the ion drive thingies). I was thinking a ship more along the lines of Starlancer...

The A.N.S. Washington

But maybe it's just cuz I'm a fan of the Starlancer and Freelancer games.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Publius Aemilius Aper
            It's been a while since I've seen a ship thread on here. So anyone who has designs/ideas for battleships, support craft or fighters post them here. Common sense rules apply. I don't want to see anything like this:

"My ship will be 10km long. It can carry 300 Death Stars in it's hangar(or 3 Billion f302s and 500 000 jumpers). It's equiped with 4 million Trinity cannons and 5 Gazillion drones. It's powered by 500 ZPM;s and 5 black holes and 1 Hamster in a threadwheel. It's captained by Captains Kirk,Picard, JAneway, Sisko, Archer, Hunt and Keys. It is also captained by Vin Diesel. It has two A.I.'s-Romie(from Andromeda) and Cortana.
            It also carries 1 million Spartan II super soldiers, 3 million tanks and 11Billion nukes. It's shields can withstand the combined force of 10 supernovas every second. It's hyperdrive allows it to get to Atlantis from Earth in exactly 0.00004 nanoseconds. ANd naturally it's main weapon can destroy the UNiverse. "

Please in the name of all that is holy,logical and scientific-don't post things like that!I've seen way too many.

ALso I'm thinking more about ships in the near future than say 30 years from now.
            A ship of ten gigameters might actually hold that!

LOL!

Comment

My ship will be able to kick your ship's ass!

Why?

Because it's named the USS Chuck Norris.

Comment

Nooooo, not the Chuck Norris invasion on this forum too. Too many fora have been invaded by the CN fan club

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                  Nooooo, not the Chuck Norris invasion on this forum too. Too many fora have been invaded by the CN fan club
                  Alright... you're the boss.

My ship will kick your ship's ass.

Why?

Because it's the USS Ass-Kicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                    Alright... you're the boss.

My ship will kick your ship's ass.

Why?

Because it's the USS Ass-Kicker.
                    Sounds like a brilliant name, all you need to do now is to have a ship to call it that

Comment

abydos_destroyer.JPG

Abydos-class destroyer
                      ~Type: Small hyperspace capable warship
                      ~Technology Base: Tau'ri/Asgard
                      ~Length: 120 meters
                      ~Beam: 54 meters
                      ~Draft: 38 meters
                      ~Decks: 9
                      ~Displacement: 18,597 tons (normal Earth gravity)
                      ~Construction: Trinium reinforced high-tensile steel hull.
                      ~Crew: 48 (maximum capacity 250)
                      ~Powerplant: Three naquada reactors, enhanced battery storage system.
                      ~Propulsion: Two hyperspace window generators
                      Two ion-based sublight drives
                      Anti-gravity wave generators
                      ~Weapons: 16 x Mk. 42 Vertical Missile Launch Quad-Packs.
                      64 x Mk. VIII naquada enhanced tactical ship-to-ship missiles
                      3 x twin-barrel 3.5 inch rail gun cannons x 10,000 rounds each gun.
                      3 x single-barrel 1.5 inch rail gun cannons x 15,000 rounds each (two mounted underside of main hull, one in recessed section of main superstructure)
                      2 x multi-function underside bays, capable of carrying any weapon in US or NATO inventory, including ICBMs.

~Defenses: Asgard shields
                      Cloaking device
                      Reactive hull armor with trinium reinforcement

~Other technology: Asgard transporter/sensor technology
                      Rings

~Historical and Technical Notes

Commander R. Doyle Gillespie had been retired from the United States Navy for nearly five years when the job offer was made. His expertise in nuclear engineering, submarine and naval operations, and covert ops experience had made him the ideal candidate for a new, secret program, code-named Abydos. The commander, briefed by General O'Neill on what the program would entail, thought this was a long-overdue retirement prank.

Until he saw the Stargate. After that, he was more than eager to take the job.

With the USAF beginning construction of the new BC-303 class starships, the United States Navy and Army began to lobby Congress to get in on the action. Why should the Air Force be the only service helping to defend the planet? Naval contractors were already involved in constructing new Daedalus-class starships, but the USN wanted their own space project. While the Navy received a contract to build and manage their own F-302 squadrons, the President felt that the US submarine force was ideal for starship operations, and authorized the US Navy to begin work on a new, small, stealthy-class of starship that would function as a relatively cheap counterpart to the larger, more powerful and expensive Daedalus.

Using technology developed in the USN's DD(X) program (which was building a new, stealthy destroyer to replace the Arleigh Burke-class vessels in the future), Project Abydos designed a simple, stealthy starship, largely with existing, Earth-based technologies. Trinium, being rather difficult to procure in large quantities, was mainly directed to the BC-303 program. The Abydos project, instead, used a trinium-steel alloy for much of the first ship's construction, and reinforced several key areas with trinium itself. The addition of reactive armor, developed for the DD(X) program, would grant the new ship nearly the same survivability as a BC-303, but at half the cost. With access to Al'kesh cloaking devices traded from the Free Jaffa Nation for tretonin, the ships would serve well in hit-and-run attacks against hostile forces and ambushes, as well as covert surveillance missions.

Crammed mainly with weapons, engines, and supplies, the Abydos (or X-308) had slightly more internal space than a Los Angelus-class attack submarine for her crew. Still, the vessel's accomadations are excellent, owing to the small crew compliment needed to run her. With engines and reactors taken directly from the BC-303 program, the Abydos is a very over-powered starship in real and hyperspace, easily capable of keeping pace with an Al'kesh at sublight speeds, and WAY faster than any Gou'ald ship in hyperspace.

Her considerable missile armament allows her to fire a barrage of 16 missiles in one salvo, giving her a great "knock-out" punch capability against even Gou'ald supermotherships. However, in a pitched battle, without reloads for her VMLS cells (like the BC-303), the Abydos suffers the very real possibility of running out of ordance in the middle of an engagement. Her rail gun armament, though impressive, is geared primarily towards engaging ships in her weight-class, again, like the Al'kesh. Though new naquada-tipped shells for rail guns are available, the Abydos is simply not capable of engaging large enemy forces on her own. The tactic, therefore, is to engage in shoot-and-cloak attacks, whittling down an enemy's fleet until reinforcements arrive.

Given her size and purpose, the Abydos does not carry fighter support of any kind, though she can refuel and re-supply a few F-302s in an emergency. Her lower bays are reserved for small support craft (such as a Tel'tac), additional weapons, or soldiers. She can deliver a sizeable force of troops into combat, her ventral-mounted railguns built for supporting such actions, or ring/transport them down enmass, only coming down above ground to provide firesupport.

The first vessel, the Abydos herself, was commanded by now-Captain R. Doyle Gillespie on her first shakedown cruise, shortly following the destruction of the Prometheus by the Rand Confederation. She was soon tasked with supporting SG-8 and SG-4 while the teams were under attack by a Prior of the Ori, and in her first combat action, with her weapons and shields gone thanks to the Prior, simply landed on top of him, killing him instantly. Suffering some minor damage in the attempt, she was nevertheless repaired and sent to investigate the disappearance of several Stargates by Ba'al. She was too far away to render aid to SG-1 when they were captured by the Lucian Alliance, but did succeed in intercepting and destroying a kassa shipment bound for Chulak.

With the threat of the Ori, the US Navy and Air Force have switched into full-scale production of both Daedalus and Abydos class starships, with roughly a two-to-one ratio of the BC-303 to the DC-308 (formally X-308). The United Kingdom and France have both been given the plans to the Abydos-class destroyer, and hope to build two vessels each by next year. Russia, preferring the BC-303 design, nevertheless have been given access to the plans in case they change their minds. The Abydos's sister ships, the Memphis and the Delphi, are expected to be completed by the end of the year, while a fourth vessel, the Oracle, is currently being laid down at the Newport News submarine construction facility.

(Please note, this is just the first version of the design. I've been drawing and re-drawing this ship for weeks in my notebooks, but as I have no 3D art programs, I'm basically stuck with MS Paint. Hopefully the ship doesn't look too bad...)
                      Last edited by Andrew Joshua Talon; 03 March 2006, 01:18 PM.

Comment

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should a starship face imminent destruction from a disaster or attack, the crew would flee to the escape pods. The captain would then set a course for the nearest habitable planet if possible and abandon ship. The escape pods are capable of FTL travel but for short ranges only. They are equipped with a subspace beacon to alert friendly ships.

Designation: EP-100

Class: Escape Pod

Role: Emergency Life Boat

Crew: -1 pilot
                        -8 passengers

Design: Width: 4m
                        Length: 8m
                        Height: 5m
                        (slightly larger than a Puddle Jumper)

Hull: Composite Alloy – consisting of:
                        -50% Carbon
                        -47% Tungsten Carbide
                        -3% Naquadah

Power Source: Mk II Naquadah Generator

Propulsion: Hydrogen powered chemical thrusters – capable of intersystem sub light travel

Buoy Hyper Drive System – This short range hyper drive is capable of traveling a couple of dozen light years. It requires frequent stops to recharge.

Sensors: -Active Radar
                        -Lidar
                        -FILR

Shields: None

Armaments: None

Electronics: -Subspace Locator Beacon
                        -Digital Interface
                        -Secure Data Link

Other Feathers: Survival gear - is located in the bulkheads on top of the seats.

Medical Supplies: First aid kits capable of treating minor to moderate injuries. Included is a single HAZMAT suit, an ultra compact deliberator, X-ray and MRI machine and a wide variety of drugs and medicine.

Weapons: -5 M4 Assault Rifles with 6 magazines
                        -3 P90 Sub Machine Guns with 4 magazines
                        -20 Fragmentation Grenades
                        -6 Flash bangs
                        -6 coloured smoke grenades
                        -1 compact rocket launcher
                        -2 rockets
                        -9 gas masks

Emergency rations and Water: - 2, 6L water tanks
                        -4 days worth of emergency rations
                        (Note that it is a misconception that rations are full course meals, those are IMPs or Individual Meal Plans. Field rations are blocks of protein cakes laced with artificial flavors and nutrients.)

Inertia Dampeners – Note that the Inertia Dampeners are very weak, which is why safety harnesses are built into the seats.

Quantity in UTF: Several hundred

Incremental Upgrades:

Buoy-B Hyperdrive: SGC hopes to implement a more compact and longer range Hyperdrive, freeing up room for other avionics and equipment.

Mk I Energy Shields: Low yield shields designed to protect the ship from micro meteors and from violent landings

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

CONNECTION: TERMINATED

Comment

Designation: F-302B – “Bird of Prey”

Description: My fighter plane is called the F-302B – “Bird of Prey”. This spacecraft is an
                          upgrade of the standard F-302. This project codenamed Project Rainmaker. It is made possible through the collaboration of a dozen different countries including Canada, Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Russia, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, the Czech Republic, Australia and the United States.

Primary contractors included in this project are mostly American based but English, French, and Canadian aerospace companies were involved in as well. Project Rainmaker was formed in the summer of 2005 and the first working prototype will be ready by late 2012, the purpose of this project is to address original F-302’s weakness – it carriers a limited number of weapons. The F-302B counters this problem with the installment of an internal bomb bay and the Striker particle cannon.

Class: Interstellar Fighter

Role: Multi-role Fighter

Design: 1.75 times the size of an F-302.

Crew: -1 pilot
                          -1 co-pilot

Hull:
                          Carbon Ceramic 17 – an alloy consisting of:
                          -50% carbon
                          -7 % tungsten carbide
                          -28% trinium
                          -15% Naquadah.

Hard points on the airframe are made of solid trinium to sustain hypersonic flight.

Sensors:
                          -Active Radar
                          -LIDAR
                          -FILR

Shields: None

Cloak: None

Propulsion:
                          Ramjet Air Breathing Engines: This engine is a cousin of the Scramjet Engine used by the Aurora Hypersonic Bomber, it has a maximum speed of Mach 15 (17 874 km/h).

Scramjet AeroSpike Engines: Fueled by super refined mix of hydrogen
                          and methane, the Scramjet AeroSpike engines sustain a maximum speed of Mach 25 (29 790 km/h)

Generation 2 Hyperdrive: This Hyperdrive engine is almost identical to the one on the F-302, except this B variant allows the spacecraft travel 11% faster and stay in hyperspace 65% longer before shutting down to recharge.

Power Source:
                          The F-302B is powered by a Mark 2 Naquadah Generator

Armaments:

Most F302B are armed with the following for multi-mission roles:
                          1 30mm Rail gun, 400 rounds

2 Striker Particle Cannon, located on the tips of the craft. Shortly after the fall of the Goa'uld the Free Jaffa donated a small fleet of 24 Death Gliders, 15 Tel'tak cargo ships and 3 Al’kesh to the SGC. Scientists estimate that they will be able to reverse engineer their own version of the Death Glider’s disruptor cannons by 2010.

4 Foe Hammer Air to Air missiles, Two of these missiles are located under both Aerospike engines. It has the firepower to destroy a F302B and inflict moderate damage to an Al’kesh.

The Following are installed inside the Bomb bay:

4 Foe Hammer Air to Air Missiles

2 Foe Smasher HE Missiles, this missile contains a high explosive warhead that is designed to severely damage an Al’kesh

1 Ground Hog Penetrator Missile, As the name suggests, this hydrogen propelled bomb is used to destroy bunkers, a single Ground Hog released from 100 000ft can sustain enough velocity to punch through Cheyenne Mountain, into level 25. Also this weapon can be inflict moderate damage to a Gou’old mother ship if its shields are disabled.

Electronics: -20/10 Dual Core Terabit Processor, the 1st one is used to regulate normal ship operations, while the second 10 TB processor is completely devoted to the hyperspace generator and used to calculate jump calculations.

-Electronic Counter Measures
                          -Electronic Counter Counter Measures
                          -Digital Interface: There are no analogue gauges or meters, all monitors are LCD touch screen displays.
                          -Secure Encryption link

Other Features:

Inertia Dampeners: This new and improved inertia dampeners can
                          compensate for 98.7% of the G force sustained when in hypersonic flights. The Inertia Dampeners will compensate for all maneuvers executed during a dogfight, however the pilot will feel the G forces if the pilot makes any extreme turns once the throttle is pushed past 98%

Quantity in UTF (United Tauri Fleet): 58

Incremental Upgrades:

Adaptive Camouflage: Plans are being made to outfit the F302B with Lightweight optoelectronic systems built around advanced image sensors and display panels render the fighter craft transparent and thus effectively invisible to the human eye. This would give Bird of Prey pilots a distinctive advantage against enemy pilots, especially in a dogfight. Unfortunately the 302B can still be tracked by conventional radar, and since Adaptive Camouflage takes up a majority of the computer’s processing power, it can only be sustained for 20 minutes and requires a 5 minute cool down time.

Mk. II Intertia Dampeners: The International Committee is currently looking into reverse engineering Goa’uld Inertia Dampeners, when perfected, it will be 100% effective and enable F302B pilots to maneuver without restraint.

Mk II Energy Shields: Scientists are researching the possibility of installing a human designed energy shield to repel projectiles and absorb energy weapons. The new shields will be skin tight, exactly 1cm from the hull. A second more power Mk 1 Naquadah generator may need to be devoted to power the shields. It will be designed primarily to defend against fighter craft fire.

...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

Comment

I really don’t have enough time to read all of the posts so I’ll just blindly submit the designs for my ship…

My ship is called the Frontier,it will utilize the best and most advance technology mankind has to offer...

Name: Frontier – X-305

Role: FighterCraft Carrier / Mobile Command Center

Length: 1.8km
                            Width: 800m
                            Height: 400m (The shape of the ship will consist of the forward Delta shape of USS Prometheus NX-59650 from star trek, some what like a triagular shaped El'Kesh)

Propulsion: -Asguard Hyper Drive
                            -Standard sub-light engines
                            -Sub-light Ion-Drive
                            -Liquid Hydrogen chemical thrusters

Power Source: 1 ZPM
                            3 Naquadah Power Plants
                            (The NPPs are capable of providing power to 100% of all ships systems; the ZPM will boost the power output to 4000%)

Weaponry: Retrofitted Ha’Tak disruptor cannons
                            -4 Fore
                            -3 Aft
                            -2 Port and Starboard

250 Ancient Drones – This weapon is mainly used for point defense since all 250 drones will be needed to destroy 5 Wraith destroyers or destroy 1 hive ship

125mm Rail Gun (for point defense and missile interception)
                            -50 Port (dorsal and ventral)
                            -50 Starboard (dorsal and ventral)
                            -12 fore
                            -12 aft

60 “Jackhammer” - Mark 7 Medium Yield Naquadah Enhanced Nuclear missiles (Can destroy a wraith destroyer if beamed inside)

40 “Thor’s Hammer” - Mark 8 High Yield Naquadah Enhanced Nuclear Missiles (can destroy a wraith hive ship if beamed inside)

1 Mark 9 Naquadria Enhanced Nuclear Warhead ( This device has a range of 160km and is designed to vaporize a Stargate )

60 X-302 Fighter Interceptors fitted with:
                            -hyper space engines
                            -aero-spike SCRAMJET engines
                            -4 Naquadah enhanced AMRRAM missiles
                            -2 “Pin Needle” Mark 5 Naquadah enhanced low yield missiles
                            -400 round 30 mm Railgun
                            -Improved Intertia dampeners

10 Puddle Jumpers

Defensive: -Asguard Shielding
                            -Trinium Composite hull, 1m thick
                            -Electronic Counter Measures
                            -Electronic Counter Counter Measures
                            -EW suite
                            -Gaia Intrusion Algorithm (see below)

Crew Compliment: - 300 Crew
                            - 300 Special Forces
                            - 5 SG Teams

Other Equipment:
                            - Asguard Beam Technology
                            - 1 Gould Rings
                            - 6 M1 Abrams MBT
                            - 12 Bradley APC
                            - 12 Humvee
                            - 12 MALP
                            - 7 UAV
                            - Stargate with a Trillium Iris

Active Units in the UTF:

The USS Frontier is the only Frontier class starship is the only one in it’s class however under direct orders from Brig. Gen O’Neill, designs for the USS ENTERPRISE is underway…

Special Crew: Gaia – Atlantiean interactive Artificial Intelligence. Gaia is a hologram designed by Ancient Scientists, specifically for software intrusion, meaning that she is capable of interfacing with alien computers and accessing restricted fuctions. Gaia is also responsible for calculating firing solutions for the ships missiles; operate the ancient drones and point defense if needed. In addition she contains the knowledge of numerous Ancient battle tactics. (Basically a SGA Cortona from Halo)

Tyr – Asguard liaison and adviser. Director Tyr is an Asguard engineer whose responsibility is to familiarize the engineering crew with the Asguard shields, beam systems, and most importantly the hyper drive. He is stationed in main engineering and ensures normal operations of the Frontier’s 3 massive Naquadah power plants.
                            Last edited by section31; 03 March 2006, 09:27 PM.

Comment

^^^^someone is a Halo fan.... earth could build that in about 30-40 years from now..I like Andrew Talons advanced destroyer design, very well done and is needed on the show for real. i also like section31's F-302B concept Nice

Comment

Working...
                              X